Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A commentary on the Book of Revelation - Part 2

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Revelation 5

Jesus Christ is the only one with authority to open all the seven seals. Note that the book with seven seals concerns the fortunes of the actual Israelis and therefore the opening of first seal corresponds with the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week. From Daniel 12:4 “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”

The book is opened and the decrees are meted out as Christ starts opening the seals. When the seventh seal is opened and the first trumpet sounds that is when the Holy Spirit departs the Earth and angels take over delivery of God’s decrees to Earth like in the Old Testament days.

Revelation 6
  • Opening of the first seal: Antichrists or teachers of wicked doctrines are released (Matthew 24:5). Note that the son of perdition shall sign a covenant with many (Israel) on Daniel’s 70th week by Daniel 9:27 “And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week.” Further from Isaiah 28:18 “And your covenant with death…” Hence, opening of first seal corresponds with the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week.
  • Opening of the second seal: War (Matthew 24:6)
  • Opening of the third seal: Famine Matthew (24:7)
  • Opening of the fourth seal: Death Matthew (24:7)
This is just the beginning of the birth pains as expressed in Matthew 24:8 and reinforced by Revelation 12:2 “And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.”
  • Opening of the fifth seal: Tribulation (Matthew 24:9)
  • Opening of the sixth seal: Great Earthquake
Revelation 7

The sealing of 144,000 first fruits (Revelation 14:4) from the actual tribes of Israel. Once they are sealed, the Holy Spirit leaves the earth as expressed by the wind analogy in Revelation 7:1. Note also from Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.” We have 1290 days for which the daily sacrifice is removed since Holy Spirit is withdrawn and then thirty days later the abomination of desolation is set up. Meanwhile 45 days for the sealing of the 144,000 to reconcile with Daniel 12:12 “Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.” Again, this blessing is only conferred to Israeli people, since Daniel 12 only concerns the fortunes of the Israelis.

Revelation 8

• Seventh Seal: First there is silence on heaven for about half an hour while Holy Spirit departs. Then:
  • The first trumpet: Third of earth burned up.
  • The second trumpet: Third of sea blood.
  • The third trumpet: Third of waters bitter.
  • Fourth trumpet: Third of day and night smitten.
The events in the opening of the seventh seal up to the 1st woe take place in 30 days leading to the middle of Daniel 70th week.

Revelation 9
  • 1st woe or the fifth trumpet: The sealed understand they are part of Israel since they are protected from the locusts. The bottomless pit is opened for the beast to crawl out and starts its dominion for 1260 days. The two witnesses also start prophesying for 1260 days. 1st woe lasts for 150 days.
  • 2nd woe or the sixth trumpet: The 200 million army gets ready to march and kill one third of mankind.
Revelation 10

The book is eaten by John and told to go and prophesy again. This happens at the time when the book is fully opened by Christ and digested by John. The book with the seven opened seals is the little book from Revelation 10:2.

Revelation 11

Two witnesses start prophesying in Jerusalem. After 1260 days they are killed. Hence the seventh trumpet blows when the two witnesses finish their testimony and are taken out of the way by the beast. That’s when the mystery ends as mentioned in Revelation 10:7 “But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.” Further, from Revelation 11:15 “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever.” Lastly, note from 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.” This marks the end of the rule for the beast that is the seventh trumpet since from Revelation 15:1-2 “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God” – “And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.” Basically, these are the dead saints (whether dead during the Age of Grace or dead during the Great Tribulation) who get resurrected after the seventh trumpet occurs to enter the millennium. Over these the second death has no effect from Revelation 20:5 “The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.”

Christ did not say this was the first seal but one of the seals. But yet it is that combined with others. This is the two nations. The four beast reports the matter in 4, 3, 2, 1 ,seals

Revelation 6
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Here you see the white horses. Everyone should know trees are nations. Then after the six seal, six trumpet and six vial at that Satan and his army will come. Then 555 in the same manner at that the two nations are destroyed. The 1260 are years and the beginning of that is where they would win wars and then send missionary's.

Revelation 11
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Do you see

Everyone should know trees are nations
From Zechariah 4:11-14 "Then I said to him, "What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand" And a second time I answered and said to him, "What are these two branches of olive trees......" He said to me "Do you not know what these are? I said no my Lord. Then he said "These are the two anointed ones, who stand by the Lord of whole Earth."

The angel does not clarify what the olives trees are. Please clarify based on scripture. I see that each olive tree has a branch from which the golden oil is poured out. Those two branches are the two witnesses, or the anointed ones.

Christ did not say this was the first seal but one of the seals. But yet it is that combined with others. This is the two nations. The four beast reports the matter in 4, 3, 2, 1 ,seals

Revelation 6
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Here you see the white horses. Everyone should know trees are nations. Then after the six seal, six trumpet and six vial at that Satan and his army will come. Then 555 in the same manner at that the two nations are destroyed. The 1260 are years and the beginning of that is where they would win wars and then send missionary's.

Revelation 11
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Do you see
In general, I compare the Book of Revelation timeline with what is in Matthew 24. Christ himself provides a chronology that should coincide with what is in the Book of Revelation.

Hi Follower Of Christ

Although I see that you've tried to explain your position, I don't see yet how anything you've brought forth from the Scriptures means to infer that the opening of the seals has to do with only Jews, or using your term, Israel.

God bless,
Ted

Great question. First, let me state that I am not prophesying anything with respect to the commentaries. The prophecies are from John and Old Testament prophets. And I do not add or remove anything to what they have said. All I do is attempt to link the pieces of the puzzle together. From Isaiah 28:9-10 "To whom will he teach knowledge, and to whom will he explain the message? Those who are weaned from the milk, those taken from the breast. For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon a line, line upon a line, here a little, there a little."

Now from Daniel 12:4 it is stated "But you Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro and knowledge shall increase." The book that is sealed is the book of seven seals of the revelation. I am going to ask you to read and meditate on Romans 11 however let me quote Romans 11:12 "Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!" That is the Age of grace to the Gentiles spans from the end of Daniel's 69th week where Messiah is cut off to the beginning of the 70th week. The 70th week is dedicated to the house of Israel (including Judah) being fully reconnected to Christ by the end of the week.

Hi Follower Of Christ

I can agree with parts of this, but not all of what this commentary brings forth. This is only a summary as it would take page after page in order for me to put all I have studied in Revelation and have written in the book I wrote which goes into great detail on all of this.

The Holy Spirit does not depart until all who are Christ own are caught up to Him as the Holy Spirit dwells within our Spiritual inner man.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Rev 6:1-17
Jesus opens the seals and proceeds to reveal their meanings to John. The first four seals are that of four horses and what their riders bring with them. The first is false Christ, second to take peace from the earth, third is famine and the fourth is death and hell as found in the grave. Notice how each one is in succession of the other from first to last as already spoken by Christ in His Olivet disclosure in Matthew 24:4-13 as being the beginning of sorrows. There have always been sorrows, but never on a Global scale that will be seen during the timing of each rider of the four horses.

The fifth seal shows John a vision of all those who have already been slain for the word of God that are asleep in the grave waiting for God to avenge them as their spirits have returned back to God who preserves their spirit until the day of redemption when Jesus returns, Ecclesiastics 12:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. They are told to rest a little while until their fellow servants that will be killed needs to be fulfilled. These fellow servants are those who have the witness and testimony of Jesus that will be preaching salvation throughout the world during the time of great tribulation until the great and terrible day of the Lords return, Joel 2:31; Matthew 24:29-31.

The sixth seal was opened and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair (sackcloth was usually course goat hair), and the moon became as the color of blood. Joel 2:30, 31 and Luke 21:25 forewarns us of what will happen as signs we will see before the great and terrible day of the Lord as in being Gods great wrath before the return of Jesus.

Rev 8-9 ends the opening of the seven seals that now leads into the seven trumpets sounding with the first six trumpets that have an end, but the seventh trumpet has no ending like the other six, The seventh trumpet involves everything from Rev 8:6 through Rev 22 when all things are finished and the New Jerusalem is ushered down.

The focus in Revelations would seem to center around Israel only and the nations that come against her for this is how John would recognize it to be since all other nations were not yet developed in his time. Revelations is about all of us, Jew and Gentile, past, present and future that by faith keep Gods commandments. We are Gods witnesses that testify of His mercy and grace as we take His word out into the world to those who have ears to hear.

Revelations is given to all nations and tongues that live throughout the whole world as in Jew and Gentile. Israel is mainly mentioned, but not all of Israel is Gods chosen people. Those who are washed in the blood of the Lamb are joined as a branch with Israel as God is the root of that branch and those who are sealed by His Holy Spirit are His own who find favor in Him, Romans 11:11-31. This is why our attention needs to be on those things that are happening in Israel especially Jerusalem as being Gods Holy City.

Hi Follower Of Christ

I can agree with parts of this, but not all of what this commentary brings forth. This is only a summary as it would take page after page in order for me to put all I have studied in Revelation and have written in the book I wrote which goes into great detail on all of this.

The Holy Spirit does not depart until all who are Christ own are caught up to Him as the Holy Spirit dwells within our Spiritual inner man.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Rev 6:1-17
Jesus opens the seals and proceeds to reveal their meanings to John. The first four seals are that of four horses and what their riders bring with them. The first is false Christ, second to take peace from the earth, third is famine and the fourth is death and hell as found in the grave. Notice how each one is in succession of the other from first to last as already spoken by Christ in His Olivet disclosure in Matthew 24:4-13 as being the beginning of sorrows. There have always been sorrows, but never on a Global scale that will be seen during the timing of each rider of the four horses.

The fifth seal shows John a vision of all those who have already been slain for the word of God that are asleep in the grave waiting for God to avenge them as their spirits have returned back to God who preserves their spirit until the day of redemption when Jesus returns, Ecclesiastics 12:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. They are told to rest a little while until their fellow servants that will be killed needs to be fulfilled. These fellow servants are those who have the witness and testimony of Jesus that will be preaching salvation throughout the world during the time of great tribulation until the great and terrible day of the Lords return, Joel 2:31; Matthew 24:29-31.

The sixth seal was opened and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair (sackcloth was usually course goat hair), and the moon became as the color of blood. Joel 2:30, 31 and Luke 21:25 forewarns us of what will happen as signs we will see before the great and terrible day of the Lord as in being Gods great wrath before the return of Jesus.

Rev 8-9 ends the opening of the seven seals that now leads into the seven trumpets sounding with the first six trumpets that have an end, but the seventh trumpet has no ending like the other six, The seventh trumpet involves everything from Rev 8:6 through Rev 22 when all things are finished and the New Jerusalem is ushered down.

The focus in Revelations would seem to center around Israel only and the nations that come against her for this is how John would recognize it to be since all other nations were not yet developed in his time. Revelations is about all of us, Jew and Gentile, past, present and future that by faith keep Gods commandments. We are Gods witnesses that testify of His mercy and grace as we take His word out into the world to those who have ears to hear.

Revelations is given to all nations and tongues that live throughout the whole world as in Jew and Gentile. Israel is mainly mentioned, but not all of Israel is Gods chosen people. Those who are washed in the blood of the Lamb are joined as a branch with Israel as God is the root of that branch and those who are sealed by His Holy Spirit are His own who find favor in Him, Romans 11:11-31. This is why our attention needs to be on those things that are happening in Israel especially Jerusalem as being Gods Holy City.
Thank you for your input for_his_glory. Let me have a very detailed look at what you have written here and elsewhere before I can contribute much further.

Personally, I've always considered the first horsemen to be the gospel of Jesus, which God sent to conquer the hearts of men. It mentions that he has a sword. Let's see, I remember our youth group always had sword drills and they were memorizations of the Scriptures, which Paul writes to us is a sword. We are told that the word of God is a two-edged sword. Hmmm.

God bless,
Ted

Personally, I've always considered the first horsemen to be the gospel of Jesus, which God sent to conquer the hearts of men. It mentions that he has a sword. Let's see, I remember our youth group always had sword drills and they were memorizations of the Scriptures, which Paul writes to us is a sword. We are told that the word of God is a two-edged sword. Hmmm.

God bless,
Ted
From Rev. 6:2 "And I looked and behold a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering and to conquer."

From Rev. 19:11,15 "Then I saw heaven opened and behold a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. From his mouth comes a sharp sword..."

Rev. 19:11,15 describes Christ crowned returning to earth. Rev. 6:2 on the other hand just mentions a crowned rider on a horse carrying a bow followed by three other riders who bring calamities. From the context one can see that the first rider cannot bring good news. Further from Daniel 9:27 "And he (antichrist) shall make a strong covenant with many for one week..." Since I claim that the first seal is opened at the beginning of Daniel's 70th week then it follows that the rider on the white horse carrying a bow is antichrist.

From Rev. 6:2 "And I looked and behold a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering and to conquer."

From Rev. 19:11,15 "Then I saw heaven opened and behold a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. From his mouth comes a sharp sword..."

Rev. 19:11,15 describes Christ crowned returning to earth. Rev. 6:2 on the other hand just mentions a crowned rider on a horse carrying a bow followed by three other riders who bring calamities. From the context one can see that the first rider cannot bring good news. Further from Daniel 9:27 "And he (antichrist) shall make a strong covenant with many for one week..." Since I claim that the first seal is opened at the beginning of Daniel's 70th week then it follows that the rider on the white horse carrying a bow is antichrist.
Hi Follower Of Christ

Yes, I mixed the two descriptions. My error. However, I still contend that it is the gospel.

As I understand the Scriptures, the four horsemen loosed at the opening of the first four seals have already been released. The things that they were released to do are happening before our very eyes, and have been since shortly after Jesus ascended to his Father. The famines and disease and wars and economic struggles have all been moving right along. And we are certainly living in a day today in which we love our wine and oil. And the gospel has been inexorably marching along conquering the hearts of mankind.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Follower Of Christ

Yes, I mixed the two descriptions. My error. However, I still contend that it is the gospel.

As I understand the Scriptures, the four horsemen loosed at the opening of the first four seals have already been released. The things that they were released to do are happening before our very eyes, and have been since shortly after Jesus ascended to his Father. The famines and disease and wars and economic struggles have all been moving right along. And we are certainly living in a day today in which we love our wine and oil. And the gospel has been inexorably marching along conquering the hearts of mankind.

God bless,
Ted
Hi Ted,

One thing I forgot to mention is the chronology of events from Rev. 1-3 to Rev. 4-22. In Rev 1-3 we have Christ walking midst the seven golden lampstands, holding seven stars in his hand. This represents the Age of Grace on Earth when salvation is opened to all in the world who repent, believe in the gospel of Christ and are infused with the Holy Spirit. These faithful people belong to the seven churches of the Age of Grace.

Then at Rev. 4:1 we have "After this, I looked and behold a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice which I heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

After this is very important. It indicates a new start in time, a movement ahead so to speak. I claim that events happening in Rev. 4-22 do not overlap timewise with events in Rev 1-3 but so to speak Rev 4-22 starts at the end of Rev 1-3.

Just as an exercise, I looked for "After this" quotes in Rev. 1-22 in my bible.

After this: Rev 1:19, 4:1, 7:1, 18:1, 19:1

It's crucial! Revelation states that there are four movements ahead in time and Rev 1-3 followed by Rev 4-6 followed by Rev 7-17, followed by Rev. 18 followed by Rev 19-22.

It follows that when the first seal has been opened, the Age of Grace has ended, and we are at the start of birth pangs. So, the Antichrist is not released until the Age of Grace ends. And the Age of Grace ends when Christ decides it's time to open the seals.

Note though, we all see through a glass darkly and important thing is we run our race to the end, after repenting, believing the Gospel of Christ and being infused with the Holy Spirit. We are explicitly told that the mystery shall be completely cleared out by the sound of the seventh trumpet. We still have a long way to go until we get to the seventh trumpet sound though.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ

Hi Follower Of Christ

That could be. But no, I disagree that the first seal must be opened at the end of the Age of Grace. The picture we are given in heaven is that Jesus is laying before the throne of his Father looking as he looked when he was crucified. A Lamb who was slain. Chapter 4 begins with John being taken up to heaven to be shown things that would take place after this. What does 'this' refer to?

The 'Age of Grace'?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Follower Of Christ

That could be. But no, I disagree that the first seal must be opened at the end of the Age of Grace. The picture we are given in heaven is that Jesus is laying before the throne of his Father looking as he looked when he was crucified. A Lamb who was slain. Chapter 4 begins with John being taken up to heaven to be shown things that would take place after this. What does 'this' refer to?

The 'Age of Grace'?

God bless,
Ted
Hi Ted,

I understand your point. I would like to add here that the vision of John refers to two things concurrently:
1. Events out of time and space (at third heaven or God's throne)
2. Events in time and space

What John saw in third heaven regarding the lamb is out of time and space. From Rev 13:8 we have "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." From Malachi 3:6 "For I the Lord do not change; therefore, you children of Jacob are not consumed."

Events in third heaven are decreed from the foundation of the world, for they stand out of time and space.
After this points out to events happening in time and space, that is to the actual chronology projected into the physical universe.

That is why visions of third heaven are given to specifically few people across human history. It takes spiritual discernment that is God given for a specific purpose. Please let me know if I need to make myself clearer.

Anyway, I do not want this to be a point of contention between us. All are one in Christ (those who have repented, believed the gospel and are imbued with the Holy Spirit).

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ

Thank you for your input for_his_glory. Let me have a very detailed look at what you have written here and elsewhere before I can contribute much further.
If you or anyone else are interested in a greater detail I have written a book on Revelation you can find in the End Time forum under the sub forum Revelation. You will have to scroll down through to read each chapter.

If you or anyone else are interested in a greater detail I have written a book on Revelation you can find in the End Time forum under the sub forum Revelation. You will have to scroll down through to read each chapter.
I started reading it for_his_glory. I have some questions already but shall get back at you once I am fully done reading it all.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ

God bless,
Ted
I use to think this also as that is what I was taught until I started doing a deeper study of the first horseman. Below is my understanding that I have written.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

White horse represents a rider with great power and authority as in early wars where Generals would always ride a white horse as they went forth conquering and to conquer. The rider of this white horse is a false Christ: Matthew 24:5, 24; Revelation 19:11-15

When comparing scripture with scripture we see that this rider on a white horse is a form of antichrist in being a false christ that goes to conquer or in another sense deceive those in believing he is the true Christ causing many to fall away from the Lord, Zechariah Chapter 6; 2 Thessalonians 2:3. Many see this white horse and rider being Jesus, but in Rev 19:11-15 we are given a different description of a white horse and who is sitting on it as being Jesus. Instead of a bow we read a sharp sword goes out of the mouth of Jesus, which is the word of truth.

This false antichrist will show great signs and wonders that if possible will deceive even the very elect of God if they allow themselves to be taken unaware of Satan’s devices, Matthew 24:24. I read about a New Age New World Order project called Project Blue Beam. Its holographic images are beamed off of satellites that will produce images of Jesus coming in the clouds and every nation will see this simultaneously, Matthew 24:24.

The deceptive purpose is that many will see this image of Jesus, but are deceived in thinking the scriptures must not be true for they are not taken up to meet Him in the clouds. They will turn and bow down to this false antichrist and follow after him causing themselves to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, Matthew 12:31, and lose their salvation as they denounce Jesus as Lord and Savior in order to follow that of empty promises made by this antichrist. This is why it is so important to learn how to discern that of what we see, hear and read 1 John 4:1-6.

This rider has a bow, but no arrows are mentioned. We never see Jesus associated with having a bow anywhere in scripture, but always having a sword coming out of His mouth that is the word of God. In scripture a sword represents the true word of God as in Spiritual warfare our weapon is the witness and testimony of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 10:4.

The bow having no arrows is symbolic of Satan conquering those who say they are Christians, but have never been Spiritually born again, John 3:5-7. They claim to be a Christian, but by name only, Matthew 7:21, and have no true knowledge of Gods word. Satan sends out his false prophets to preach a deceptive word and Globally has and will continue to conquer many who have not the Holy Spirit dwelling in them as they have no knowledge of the Holy Spirit and he will do anything to keep them that way.

The crown that is given him is not a literal crown, but symbolic in its meaning as it represents his own deceitful glory as a crown of glory is given to those in leadership, 1 Peter 5:1-5, but in this case Satan’s leadership as he goes forth conquering by using his false prophets to conquer by twisting the word of God deceiving those who have no Spiritual discernment and are blindsided by what they hear and read.

Back