Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] A Hill to Die On

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I do agree with a young earth, but the gospel must be our foundation in talks of this nature. Jesus taught creation, not evolution.

Evolution is God's creation. We still see it working today. Any theology that denies or affirms evolution completely misses what God is telling us in scripture.

The Bible says God created everything to reproduce after its own kind, which is what we observe every day.
Unlike the truth of scripture, evolutionists want people to believe our ancestors were lifeless chemical reactions.

The Bible says God created everything to reproduce after its own kind,
Actually, it says the earth brought forth animals according to their kind. It doesn't say that they reproduce according to their kind. That's man's addition to scripture to make it more acceptable to him.

evolutionists want people to believe our ancestors were lifeless chemical reactions.
Evolutionary theory makes no claims about the origin of life. But unless you consider the Earth to be alive, God says living things were produced by non-living things. It won't harm your salvation if you don't accept that; God doesn't care if you believe it or not. But you would likely have a better relationship with Him, if you believed everything He says.

Actually, it says the earth brought forth animals according to their kind.
Which can mean God molded their bodies from from the soil,

out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field...Gen.2:19

No problem there! 😊
It doesn't say that they reproduce according to their kind.
God had the animals go into the ark male and female because without nookie, animals would no longer exist.
That's man's addition to scripture to make it more acceptable to him.
Actually, it's what we all observe every day.
Evolutionary theory makes no claims about the origin of life.
The Bible does.
But unless you consider the Earth to be alive, God says living things were produced by non-living things.
The Bible says everything was made by God,

God...made the world and everything in it, Act.17:24
...without him nothing was made that has been made Jn.1:3
It won't harm your salvation if you don't accept that; God doesn't care if you believe it or not.
I disagree with you.
But you would likely have a better relationship with Him, if you believed everything He says.
I believe God created Adam and Eve as the Bible says he did.

Which can mean God molded their bodies from from the soil,
That is a man's revision to His word. Just let it be as it is.

God had the animals go into the ark male and female because without nookie, animals would no longer exist.
Except for whiptail lizards, hammerhead sharks, Komodo dragons, and about seventy other vertebrates. And loads of invertebrates do without sex. Most, of course use sex, because it has evolutionary advantages; more variation and thereby more material for natural selection to make populations more fit. Actually, it's what we all observe every day.

The Bible says everything was made by God,
The issue is, creationists don't approve of the way He did it.

It won't harm your salvation if you don't accept that; God doesn't care if you believe it or not.

I disagree with you.
Doesn't matter. Jesus makes it very clear and detailed in Matthew 25 what you must do to spend eternity with Him. Your opinion of the way He made life is not one of those things. There won't be a theology exam; He'll merely ask if you loved him and your fellow man well enough aid the least among us.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Get that right, and you are saved. Don't get it right, and you go with the devil and his angels. So simple and yet so hard for us to accept.

I remain...agnostic on the question of Old or New earth creation. But I am decidedly skeptical of the ToE. Abiogenesis, the problem of information, the generally deleterious effects of mutation (accumulating in species over time), and the declarations of God's word all entirely erode any confidence I could have in the ToE.

After his kind, not after another kind,

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,

He formed all creation as it is by his Word.
That is a man's revision to His word. Just let it be as it is.
It says he formed Adam out of the ground. It doesn't say he formed an an amoeba out of the ground.
Except for whiptail lizards, hammerhead sharks, Komodo dragons, and about seventy other vertebrates. And loads of invertebrates do without sex. Most, of course use sex, because it has evolutionary advantages; more variation and thereby more material for natural selection to make populations more fit. Actually, it's what we all observe every day.
So your point is, If Adam left Eve behind, we'd still be having this conversation?

All my life I've never observed hammerhead shark become anything other than a hammerhead shark. Nobody ever observers that
The issue is, creationists don't approve of the way He did it.
It says he formed Adam out of the ground. It doesn't say he formed one celled Adam of the ground.
The heresy that humans are animals, descended from animals, may help explain why people feel comfortable acting like animals. On the other hand, maybe they'll discover a gene we have left over from an angry T-Rex to explian why humans goes on rampages.
Doesn't matter. Jesus makes it very clear and detailed in Matthew 25 what you must do to spend eternity with Him. Your opinion of the way He made life is not one of those things. There won't be a theology exam; He'll merely ask if you loved him and your fellow man well enough aid the least among us.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Get that right, and you are saved. Don't get it right, and you go with the devil and his angels. So simple and yet so hard for us to accept.
I never said you can't be saved if you're deceived by evolutionary theory, but I hope you realize there are no atheists who believe God created Adam directly from the ground.

After his kind, not after another kind,
"Beasts" are a rather diverse kind. And I notice even creationist sites now admit the fact of new species, genera, and sometimes families from existing kinds.

It says he formed Adam out of the ground. It doesn't say he formed an an amoeba out of the ground.
Didn't say bacteria, either. You really don't know why?

t says he formed Adam out of the ground. It doesn't say he formed one celled Adam of the ground.
Doesn't say He didn't. I always find it astonishing that creationists think God isn't capable enough to make a universe that would bring forth life as He says it did.

The heresy that humans are animals
It's just a fact. And of course, it's not religious at all. It's not heresy to deny the fact, either. It's just an unorthodox religious belief.

may help explain why people feel comfortable acting like animals.
I wish people could be as respectable as my dogs. Animals are innocent. Please don't smear them by comparing them to us.
On the other hand, maybe they'll discover a gene we have left over from an angry T-Rex to explian why humans goes on rampages.
Humans aren't descended from dinosaurs. But knowing good and evil, we are without excuse.

I never said you can't be saved if you're deceived by evolutionary theory
The point is, what you think of the way God created living things has nothing whatever to do with your salvation. Creationists, as long as they follow the two great commandments, are no less Christian than the rest of us.

but I hope you realize there are no atheists who believe God created Adam directly from the ground.
There are no atheists who accept that He did it by using natural means. But most Christians do. Again, not that it matters to one's salvation.

"Beasts" are a rather diverse kind. And I notice even creationist sites now admit the fact of new species, genera, and sometimes families from existing kinds.

Didn't say bacteria, either. You really don't know why?

Doesn't say He didn't. I always find it astonishing that creationists think God isn't capable enough to make a universe that would bring forth life as He says it did.

It's just a fact. And of course, it's not religious at all. It's not heresy to deny the fact, either. It's just an unorthodox religious belief.

I wish people could be as respectable as my dogs. Animals are innocent. Please don't smear them by comparing them to us.

Humans aren't descended from dinosaurs. But knowing good and evil, we are without excuse.

The point is, what you think of the way God created living things has nothing whatever to do with your salvation. Creationists, as long as they follow the two great commandments, are no less Christian than the rest of us.

There are no atheists who accept that He did it by using natural means. But most Christians do. Again, not that it matters to one's salvation.
As long as the institutions of "higher learning" have no effect on whether a student thinks, "God isn't necessary", it's fine.

Again, not that it matters to one's salvation.
I've spoken to many atheists that it mattered to.
As a rule, it's a bad idea to get advice on salvation from atheists.
I even know a brother and sister whose son went off to college and came home very disturbed about the existence of God.
Yeah, that's a huge problem. I know a number of people who were indoctrinated into YE creationism, and had crises of faith when they found it wasn't consistent with the Bible or with the evidence.

But eventually, by 1994 I was through with young-earth creationISM. Nothing that young-earth creationists had taught me about geology turned out to be true. I took a poll of my ICR graduate friends who have worked in the oil industry. I asked them one question.

“From your oil industry experience, did any fact that you were taught at ICR, which challenged current geological thinking, turn out in the long run to be true?”

That is a very simple question. One man, Steve Robertson, who worked for Shell grew real silent on the phone, sighed and softly said ‘No!’ A very close friend that I had hired at Arco, after hearing the question, exclaimed, “Wait a minute. There has to be one!” But he could not name one. I can not name one. No one else could either. One man I could not reach, to ask that question, had a crisis of faith about two years after coming into the oil industry. I do not know what his spiritual state is now, but he was in bad shape the last time I talked to him.

And being through with creationism, I very nearly became through with Christianity. I was on the very verge of becoming an atheist.

https://peacefulscience.org/articles/glenn-morton/

YE will have much to answer for at Judgement.

Again, not that it matters to one's salvation.

As a rule, it's a bad idea to get advice on salvation from atheists.
I agree, except I wondered why they became atheist after once believing in God. That was their testimony.
Yeah, that's a huge problem. I know a number of people who were indoctrinated into YE creationism, and had crises of faith when they found it wasn't consistent with the Bible or with the evidence.

But eventually, by 1994 I was through with young-earth creationISM. Nothing that young-earth creationists had taught me about geology turned out to be true. I took a poll of my ICR graduate friends who have worked in the oil industry. I asked them one question.

“From your oil industry experience, did any fact that you were taught at ICR, which challenged current geological thinking, turn out in the long run to be true?”

That is a very simple question. One man, Steve Robertson, who worked for Shell grew real silent on the phone, sighed and softly said ‘No!’ A very close friend that I had hired at Arco, after hearing the question, exclaimed, “Wait a minute. There has to be one!” But he could not name one. I can not name one. No one else could either. One man I could not reach, to ask that question, had a crisis of faith about two years after coming into the oil industry. I do not know what his spiritual state is now, but he was in bad shape the last time I talked to him.

And being through with creationism, I very nearly became through with Christianity. I was on the very verge of becoming an atheist.

https://peacefulscience.org/articles/glenn-morton/
I'm not sure what problem you anf others had at some bible school that conflicted with your job experience.
I'm not basing my beliefs about my Creator on people who think he's bound by the physical laws of this world.
YE will have much to answer for at Judgement.
I certainly will. In fact dear believer, that's why I know evolution is a myth.

This is apparently a reboot of the old Discovery Institute, which seems to have folded recently.

With Discovery Fellows becoming evolutionists, announcing that "design" is inconsistent with special creationism, arguing interally, and with the Dover Trial that established ID as disguised creationism, it's been "a trainwreck" in the words of ID founder Philip Johnson.

And if it is a "reboot"? So what? And who says it is merely a "reboot"? And what do you mean by "reboot"?

"Folded recently"? Says who? I see no signs of recent "folding" as I peruse the Discovery Institute website...

Why mention that DI fellows have become evolutionists? Evolutionists have become theists, abandoning their evolutionary perspective. And so? Which fellows have "become evolutionists," exactly? What of those who haven't?

Humans argue. It's a common thing. Why, then, mention it?

Do the foremost ID proponents of today agree that ID and creationism are essentially one-and-the-same thing? No.

When did Johnson say ID was a "trainwreck"? Who says he was "the founder" of ID and how do they establish this, exactly?

And if it is a "reboot"? So what? And who says it is merely a "reboot"? And what do you mean by "reboot"?

"Folded recently"? Says who? I see no signs of recent "folding" as I peruse the Discovery Institute website...
Ah, it was just the "scientific arm" the Biologic Institute that failed...

Appears the Biologic Institute [An enterprise of the Discovery Institute] is history, green screen and all. On their 2019 990, Director Axe will no longer draw a salary, but will be a prof at Biola “Univ.” Office space is for rent. Location is listed as “permanently closed.” Their final 990 showed a loss of $133,000. [Emendation in original.]

I checked Guidestar for their latest IRS Form 990-EZ, which is dated 2019 and covers the fiscal year 2018 (Charity Navigator is a year behind). Sure enough, it contains the following statement on line 28:

DR. AXE ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH BIOLA UNIVERSITY TO SERVE AS THE MAXWELL VISITING PROFESSOR OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY DURING THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR, WITH REGULAR VISITS TO CAMPUS. IN AUGUST 2019, DR. AXE BECAME THE MAXWELL PROFESSOR OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AT BIOLA, WORKING FULL TIME ON TEACHING AND WORKING TO HELP BUILD A COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT AT BIOLA THAT INCLUDES ADVANCED UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS. ALTHOUGH HE NO LONGER DRAWS A SALARY FROM BIOLOGIC INSTITUTE, DR. AXE CONTINUES TO SERVE AS THE DIRECTOR AND IS EXPLORING WAYS IN WHICH BIOLOGIC CAN PARTNER WITH BIOLA.

The “Dr. Axe” in question is Douglas Axe, the president of the Biologic Institute. His salary of $133,333 in 2018 was the bulk of the total expenses of $201,873. Revenue was $68,600, leaving a deficit almost exactly equal to Dr. Axe’s salary. Inasmuch as Dr. Axe “no longer draws a salary from Biologic Institute,” it seems safe to say that they are effectively out of business, even though he “is exploring ways in which Biologic can partner with Biola.”

Actually, it was just closed. Not long before, it was revealed that a photo of their "lab" was actually an image from a stock photo source.

Intelligent design think tank’s “institute” is a Shutterstock image

Why mention that DI fellows have become evolutionists?
More evidence that ID is coming apart as a creationist faith.

t is important to emphasize at the outset that the argument presented here is entirely consistent with the basic naturalistic assumption of modern science–that the cosmos is a seamless unity which can be comprehended in its entirety by human reason and in which all phenomena, including life and evolution and the origin of man, are ultimately explicable in terms of natural processes. This is an assumption which is entirely opposed to that of the so-called “special creationist school.” According to special creationism, living organisms are not natural forms, whose origin and design were built into the laws of nature from the beginning, but rather contingent forms analogous in essence to human artifacts, the result of a series of supernatural acts, involving God’s direct intervention in the course of nature, each of which involved the suspension of natural law. Contrary to the creationist position, the whole argument presented here is critically dependent on the presumption of the unbroken continuity of the organic world–that is, on the reality of organic evolution and on the presumption that all living organisms on earth are natural forms in the profoundest sense of the word, no less natural than salt crystals, atoms, waterfalls, or galaxies.
In large measure, therefore, the teleological argument presented here and the special creationist worldview are mutually exclusive accounts of the world. In the last analysis, evidence for one is evidence against the other. Put simply, the more convincing is the evidence for believing that the world is prefabricated to the end of life, that the design is built into the laws of nature, the less credible becomes the special creationist worldview.[4]

Discovery Institute Fellow Michael Denton Nature's Destiny

Evolutionists have become theists, abandoning their evolutionary perspective.
Most evolutionists are theists. Many creationists have abandoned their creationist notion, becoming theists.

Do the foremost ID proponents of today agree that ID and creationism are essentially one-and-the-same thing?
As you see above, a member of the Discovery Institute says that ID and creationism are incompatible.

I'm not sure what problem you anf others had at some bible school that conflicted with your job experience.
Most religious schools know better than to add creationism to Christian belief.
I'm not basing my beliefs about my Creator on people who think he's bound by the physical laws of this world.
You have it backwards. God binds the world to the physical laws He founded. I'm just noting that YE creationism is a great atheist-maker. YE will have much to answer for at Judgement.

that's why I know evolution is a myth.
It's directly observed. Most likely, you don't know what biological evolution is. What do you think it is?

Back