Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A liar from the 'BEGINNING!'

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

Elijah674

There is NO starting place seen here! And the serpent, satan, and whatever you want to name him from the Rev. 12 verse? All of his lies start here.

And from here on?? Just check out these forums. One teaches all have a separate soul, and another building a heavenly home... requires extra math??? Isa. 64:21-24, and even the next chapter has one worshiping God on any old day except His day for worship.

And on & on the lies just enter in until the Babylon tower is built! All the while calling the Son of God a liar. And God 'asks what is New?' [NOTHING]

--Elijah

Don't let the devil fool you, everyone has a soul and spirit. This is a fact. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Don't let the devil fool you, everyone has a soul and spirit. This is a fact.

Yep, here's another one.

1 Thessalonians 5:23

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Your soul and spirit aren't separated when you speak of the body. They are both a part of your body, but with different and unique functions. Separate as in different functions. Blessings.

Try chapter 65! (and verse 22-23)

And do not think that this is the CITY home. (No need of the sun there!)

--Elijah

There is NO starting place seen here! And the serpent, satan, and whatever you want to name him from the Rev. 12 verse? All of his lies start here.

And from here on?? Just check out these forums. One teaches all have a separate soul, and another building a heavenly home... requires extra math??? Isa. 64:21-24, and even the next chapter has one worshiping God on any old day except His day for worship.

And on & on the lies just enter in until the Babylon tower is built! All the while calling the Son of God a liar. And God 'asks what is New?' [NOTHING]

--Elijah

"And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." -Isaiah 65:21-24

I don't understand what you mean by "no starting place".

We will all have a new body as Adam & Eve had that they were created with. (without reproducing elements)
No 'sinful' flesh or blood allowed in the new earth. But these two were not sinners until they disobeyed God, huh.

--Elijah

worshiping God on any old day except His day for worship

I haven't seen where anyone has said to worship any day EXCEPT on...I think there's some misunderstanding here?

"Most people know the Sabbath as the day of the week on which Jews are forbidden to work. However, from the Jewish perspective the Sabbath is not about rules but about joyful celebration and rest. As one Jewish author puts it, "it is a precious gift from G-d, a day of great joy eagerly awaited throughout the week, a time when we can set aside all of our weekday concerns and devote ourselves to higher pursuits." {1} In fact, the Hebrew word Shabbat comes from the Hebrew word for "rest." (Shabbat is pronounced "sha-BAHT.") The Sabbath is the day Jews can relax, be with family, study, and reflect."
http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism/holidays/shabbat.htm

Hebrews 4
New American Standard Version
He again fixes a certain day, “Today,†saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
“Today if you hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.â€

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

This is the Sabbath rest of the believer and it very much like the one day Sabbath of the OT, only it is an everyday event. Walking in a close relationship of joy in the Lord every day.
If someone is trying to fulfill the Law of the Sabbath the must attend Shabbat on Saturday as it is the 7th day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soul - Will/Job 7:15 Philippians 2:13, Mind/Proverbs 2:10 Luke 10:27, Emotions/2 Samuel 5:8
Spirit - Conscience/Romans 9:1 Hebrews 9:14, Intuition/1 Corinthians 2:11, Communion/John 4:24

I haven't seen where anyone has said to worship any day EXCEPT on...I think there's some misunderstanding here?

"Most people know the Sabbath as the day of the week on which Jews are forbidden to work. However, from the Jewish perspective the Sabbath is not about rules but about joyful celebration and rest. As one Jewish author puts it, "it is a precious gift from G-d, a day of great joy eagerly awaited throughout the week, a time when we can set aside all of our weekday concerns and devote ourselves to higher pursuits." {1} In fact, the Hebrew word Shabbat comes from the Hebrew word for "rest." (Shabbat is pronounced "sha-BAHT.") The Sabbath is the day Jews can relax, be with family, study, and reflect."

Hebrews 4
He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
Do not harden your hearts.”

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

This is the Sabbath rest of the believer and it very much like the one day Sabbath of the OT, only it is an everyday event. Walking in a close relationship of joy in the Lord every day.
If someone is trying to fulfill the Law of the Sabbath the must attend Shabbat on Saturday as it is the 7th day.

Hi, the 7 Day Sabbath was given at creation week before any sin was even thought of. God wrote this law Himself. See Isaiah 8:20.
[20] To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [[it is because there is no light in them.]]

God trusted holy men's pen to write all else. But the law of God He penned himself. That is one reason that we have four Gospels.

And the scripture given was for the New Earth!

--Elijah

Hebrews 4
He again fixes a certain day, “Today,†saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
Do not harden your hearts.â€

Hi, the 7 Day Sabbath was given at creation week before any sin was even thought of. God wrote this law Himself. See Isaiah 8:20.
[20] To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [[it is because there is no light in them.]]

God trusted holy men's pen to write all else. But the law of God He penned himself. That is one reason that we have four Gospels.

And the scripture given was for the New Earth!

--Elijah

Where does it say they are separated?--Elijah

Look it up in the Greek, you're not going to believe me.
In 1 Thes 5:23 AND Hebrews 4:12

spirit = pneuma
soul = psyche

And in Matt 12:18 it is the same....same words used and it is God speaking directly, not Paul, about Himself.

If the Holy Spirit was indwelling our minds why would we need to renew our minds by the Word. Why would we have to "walk in the Spirit not in the flesh"?

Matt 12:10-18
15 But Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. Many followed Him, and He healed them all, 16 and warned them not to tell who He was. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
18 “Behold, MyServant whom I have chosen;
My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him,
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles

People will say "inner man" and "outer man".

It's not like we can operate outside ourselves being separate in three parts as God can. But there is a place in each of us that is a empty place without God and when He comes to indwell us that place is filled, I believe this is our spirit, inner man if you will. And He starts cleaning up our soul the outer man.

The world still has that empty place and they try to fill the place with all kinds of things but it doesn't work they have to keep searching to fill it. The answer as we know is God.

No where do we see a separation of soul from the spirit.

In fact we even find a combination of Christ telling us that we will see both soul & body destroyed in hell.

--Elijah

The devil has NO place seen where he lets up! --Elijah

Well, it's your thread Elijah, so have at it. Your short little quips about other's posts with no explanation of just what you are addressing leaves one guessing as to your intent. Your one liners mean nothing and edify who?

Blessings,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back