Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Mystery Condition

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Wilmington Teen Found Unconscious In Field; Cause For Condition A Mystery

June 26, 2011 6:13 PM

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...field-cause-for-condition-a-mystery/#comments
wilimingtonteen.jpg
Michael Murphy, 14, was found unconscious in a field in Wilmington.

420x316-grad-gomez.jpg
Reporting Alana Gomez

Filed under

Local, News, Seen On WBZ-TV, Syndicated Local, Watch + Listen
Related tags

Alana Gomez, Michael Murphy, Wilmington, Wilmington Middle School

WILMINGTON – One day 14-year old Michael Murphy was a healthy, athletic teenager. The next day he was fighting for his life.
Murphy planned to meet friends at a Wilmington baseball field before heading to the Bruins’ parade last Saturday. When Murphy’s friends arrived they found him face down on the field unconscious.
“At first they thought he was fooling around and they said ‘Mike get up’,†said Mike Murphy, Michael’s father.
But it was no joke and soon Mike got the worst call in his life. His son was at the hospital in a coma-like state.
“The first day the prognosis was not good. They said it’s very likely he might die,†said Mike.
But slowly, Michael progressed. His father said he can’t move or speak, but is now able to open his eyes.
WBZ-TV’s Alana Gomez reports.

“I just broke down. I said as long as he’s alive I’ll take him. It doesn’t matter what shape he’s in and to see his eyes open, it was great,†said Mike. “It was like he was born over again.â€
Mike says doctors are stumped as to what happen. So far, he says they’ve acknowledged that Michael went into cardiac arrest but they have no idea why. Mike says his son has never had serious health issues before.
Mike says the only thing getting them through this difficult time is support from the town of Wilmington.
Sunday afternoon Michael’s classmates and teachers held a kickball fundraiser for the family. A large crowd at Wilmington Middle School wore shirts with Michael’s face on them.
“Everyone’s thinking positive and we visit him in the hospital and we pray for the best,†said Courtney Jensen, one of Michael’s friends. “He wouldn’t believe how many people care about him.â€
Friends also held a vigil for Michael last week.
So far classmates have helped raise more than $1200 for his family.
Mike says the doctors told him his son has extensive brain damage and recovery will be a difficult process.
“I aid as long as he comes home it doesn’t matter. He’s my boy so I’ll do anything for him.â€
CNN

Perhaps mushroom spores? Although it's be rare to breath enough to cause cardiac arrest unless you breathed them up close...And I don't know of any mushroom spores that can actually do that.

Either way, I pray that he gets better.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back