Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A question of ethics!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

I am in Australia and anyone in the same boat knows we are very content restricted media wise. Free to air tv is not exactly wonderful and it bores me.
Our Aussie local shows some are ok but the rest is pretty average to crappy.

I wont get pay tv here its just an expensive way to watch advertisements.

Many here download pirated movies and shows from pirate bay and the like. I used to do that but the lord convicted me of how i was stealing and how wrong it is and I stopped. I feel much better for leaving it behind me.

As a replacement for this I bought an Apple Tv and have been paying 4 - 7 dollars a movie rental on iTunes. I dont feel good about paying that much all the time.

You guys in the states know how lucky you are with Netflix, Hulu and amazon.

I realized if I pay to use a different dns server where you put different numbers in the router dns things it allows the netflix and hulu pages to think your in the states.

I like the idea of Netflix because content creators are being paid for their work. ie the subscription fee.

The problem. I loove Netflix. But is it ethically right to do this? I dont try keep the movies. I have been watching heaps of good christian shows I have not had access to otherwise. i hope I am not being norti.

Currently I am on a month free trial with netflix and a week free trial with the dns thing and am weighing up continuing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is kind of sketchy. Your right there is a question of ethics.

If Jesus were sitting right there with you whilst setting up...would you feel comfortable?

I see that it is different from pirating movies...but then again, you're supposed to observe the laws of your land, unless they are in direct violation of God's laws.

Pray about it...and sincerely follow the Spirit's leading in this one.

And, try to vote in a more open government!

This one is kind of sketchy. Your right there is a question of ethics.

If Jesus were sitting right there with you whilst setting up...would you feel comfortable?

I see that it is different from pirating movies...but then again, you're supposed to observe the laws of your land, unless they are in direct violation of God's laws.

Pray about it...and sincerely follow the Spirit's leading in this one.

And, try to vote in a more open government!
lol i cant vote in the states can you guys do it for me please? Thats the problem We get massively ripped off here, in variety and price. As for Jesus being here I am on the fence as I know I am paying for what i use and the movie makers get paid properly but also being a wise steward with money. That instead of 60-100 bucks a month for pay TV for sorta the same thing. My conscience wont let me do that because the ads in the pay TV broadcasts would pay for the service alone, its as bad as our free to air TV ads wise the subscription fee is just greed I think. I would sooner give the difference to a charity than give it to Foxtel.

i think i am super cautious about all this because of how I used to pirate everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back