Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Review - The Companion Bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JM

Translation: King James.

Text, notes, etc: This Bible is the work of E.W. Bullinger and is also called the Bullinger Bible. The font on this Bible is very, very tiny. Due to the amount of notes in the Companion Bible, the print had to be very small. The Bible text is but a small portion of the page, with Bullinger's notes taken up most of the room. This Bible is from the hyper dispensational view, meaning, the Church didn't begin until Acts 28. This has a huge effect on the whole system of theology found in Bullinger's notes, mostly found in what are called, 'Appendixes' numbering 198 in total. Example: Revelations is totally for the Jew and has nothing to do with the Church. I bought this Bible for the Appendixes, which can also be found online. http://www.therain.org/appendixes/ Bullinger was a Greek and Hebrew scholar and this is the purpose of the notes found in this Bible, as I have said before, no two Greek scholar's agree. Bullinger's work is no exception, much of his work is in disput. I wouldn't suggest this Bible to just anyone, in fact, I wish I never bought it.

companion_bible.jpg

Quality: Poor. This is the first word that comes to mind. I bought the genuine leather and it's the worse quality leather I have to date. When I openned the plastic it was wraped in, it reeked to high heaven. It also left an oily film on my hands for the first couple of months. I called the publisher and they said they would send me out a new Bible, never heard back and that was a year ago. The paper feels like news print and the ink seems to have been smugged during print.

Maps: Not a one. This Bible is about Greek and Hebrew, that's it.

Out of 10 I give this Bible a 3. It was the worst Bible I have ever owned and I have more then a few Bibles but when it's all said and done, Bullinger had made me think and rethink my faith.

jason

Back