Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study A study on the Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Once again , Elijah , I thank you for your research and it is very interesting . I can readiy see that you love studying and delving into history and background and am grateful for your post.

I don't think it will change my thinking as to whether it is Sun or Sat or the Sabbath or the Lord's Day and all of this although interesting cannot change my salvation or my love of Christ . THe important part is that I stay on the road that Christ has laid out for me , following His teachings , honouring His Word , and most of all listening to the Holy Spirit for my daily guidance.

God Bless.

Once again , Elijah , I thank you for your research and it is very interesting . I can readiy see that you love studying and delving into history and background and am grateful for your post.

I don't think it will change my thinking as to whether it is Sun or Sat or the Sabbath or the Lord's Day and all of this although interesting cannot change my salvation or my love of Christ . THe important part is that I stay on the road that Christ has laid out for me , following His teachings , honouring His Word , and most of all listening to the Holy Spirit for my daily guidance.

God Bless.

Hi, you are welcome!:) And 'i' agree with you on 'us' being Led of the Holy Ghost! 2 Tim. 3:16 finds the Word of DOCTRINE + verse 17. And this is not anything personal, but just Eternally FACTUAL, huh?

So: Let's use a fact that has us 'personally' not even thought of yet, ;) except in Gods forknowledge.
In Gen. 4 we see two Christian brothers who were OBEDIENT to God up to this MATURE time of their life. Both were into farming. And surely satan was still around trying to get his FIRST FULLFLEDGED CONVERT??!! (he had NONE, yet! Matt. 12:31-32) It takes time to go from OBEDIENT to MATURE DIS/OBEDIENT. (it is not a one or two time sin thing & then you are a goner James 1:15..Psalms 19:13, 1 John 5:16-17)

Here is the chapter from Gen. 7. Notice that God (Godhead) spoke DIRECTLY to both Cain & satan. It is very similar to Pentacost & the fullness of the Holy Ghost speaking, and the Mature results of Ananias + wife. God spoke in person to Cain who we never had seen dis/obedient before! And God even asked him, [IF] you are Obedient, will you not be accepted? (and of course he would have been!)

OK: Now think of Gods Required 7th Day Sabbath OBEDIENCE being replaced of todays Dis/Obedient FRUIT OFFERING!???
Gen.4

[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And [Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.]
[3] And [in process of time it came to pass], that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Again: Cain was satans first fullfledged sin against the fullness of God Convert. He became a killer with satan full desire now ruling him. And God even gave satan a head start before 120 years later that Adam had another SON OF GOD, Seth. And in chapter 6, we see the result of Cains didobedience. Pre/Flood!

And today we see the same fruit of dis/obedience for 'worship' offered in sun. for the Lords required 7th Day Sabbath. And what is NEW? God Asks in Eccl. 3:15 About the only thing different is the 'winds' of 2 Cor. 4:2 DECEIT just keep changing looking for new ways to still be DISOBEDIENT & still claim NO CONDEMNATION! :sad

And:
[8] And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. The spirit of satan will always rule by force! 666

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, you are welcome!:) And 'i' agree with you on 'us' being Led of the Holy Ghost! 2 Tim. 3:16 finds the Word of DOCTRINE + verse 17. And this is not anything personal, but just Eternally FACTUAL, huh?

So: Let's use a fact that has us 'personally' not even thought of yet, ;) except in Gods forknowledge.
In Gen. 4 we see two Christian brothers who were OBEDIENT to God up to this MATURE time of their life. Both were into farming. And surely satan was still around trying to get his FIRST FULLFLEDGED CONVERT??!! (he had NONE, yet! Matt. 12:31-32) It takes time to go from OBEDIENT to MATURE DIS/OBEDIENT. (it is not a one or two time sin thing & then you are a goner James 1:15..Psalms 19:13, 1 John 5:16-17)

Here is the chapter from Gen. 7. Notice that God (Godhead) spoke DIRECTLY to both Cain & satan. It is very similar to Pentacost & the fullness of the Holy Ghost speaking, and the Mature results of Ananias + wife. God spoke in person to Cain who we never had seen dis/obedient before! And God even asked him, [IF] you are Obedient, will you not be accepted? (and of course he would have been!)

OK: Now think of Gods Required 7th Day Sabbath OBEDIENCE being replaced of todays Dis/Obedient FRUIT OFFERING!???
Gen.4

[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And [Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.]
[3] And [in process of time it came to pass], that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

[4] And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5] But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

[6] And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7] If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Again: Cain was satans first fullfledged sin against the fullness of God Convert. He became a killer with satan full desire now ruling him. And God even gave satan a head start before 120 years later that Adam had another SON OF GOD, Seth. And in chapter 6, we see the result of Cains didobedience. Pre/Flood!

And today we see the same fruit of dis/obedience for 'worship' offered in sun. for the Lords required 7th Day Sabbath. And what is NEW? God Asks in Eccl. 3:15 About the only thing different is the 'winds' of 2 Cor. 4:2 DECEIT just keep changing looking for new ways to still be DISOBEDIENT & still claim NO CONDEMNATION! :sad

And:
[8] And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. The spirit of satan will always rule by force! 666

--Elijah

Why not look at Sunday as the 1st day of the week? Or, better yet, the last day of the "work" week. I know that this is the way it is for me at least. I have never looked at Sunday, in all my years growing up, as the first day of the week. In fact I would always scratch my head when I saw that Sunday, on a man made calendar, was the first day of a seven day period. And this was before I was even concerned or thought about the Sabbath or quite frankly any thing that had to do with God.

On a side note. It is interesting. At work we get paid weekly. On our 'time sheets' we fill out, it starts on Monday and ends on Sunday.

I am sure you are not stranger to this question. ;) But why do you look at Sunday as "Sun" day, and not Saturday as "Saturn" day?

A question concerning the 7th day Sabbath ....

In our eternal state, will time cease to exist?

Great question. I think so. We know that in the beginning God created the Sun and Moon for the telling of time and seasons.

Gen 1:14-19 "And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day."

Ok...real quick...does anyone else see what I do?

But back on subject, we know that in the kingdom there will be no 'night', no darkness. Spiritually and Physically.

Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

So, quite frankly, no there will be no 'recording' of time.

So why do you ask sissy?

Great question. I think so. We know that in the beginning God created the Sun and Moon for the telling of time and seasons.

Gen 1:14-19 "And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day."

But back on subject, we know that in the kingdom there will be no 'night', no darkness. Spiritually and Physically.

Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

So why do you ask sissy?

'We' might say that I don't [think so], that way we would not be as Rev. 22:18-19 warns against, huh?

Isa. 66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

SO: 'i' think ;).. that the Universe is [ALL CREATED] in [one Unified SYSTEM]. Heb. other
World s also. But the above of Isa. 66 leaves me with NO freedom of thought. --Elijah

Nathan said:
Definitely. So, let me play the opposite side of this. Is Paul talking about "the" Sabbath day? Or, is he talking about feast 'days' and the like?
I am curious, because the argument is that he was talking about general 'holidays' that they would participate in. Which, along with 'food' and 'drink', would be apart of the 'book of the law' and not the 'tablets of testimony'. Make sense?

Hi Nathan,

I believe what Paul is writing is multi fauceted and would resonate with it's readers. I am not trying to make this difficult to understand, but Paul was writing the the church in Rome at a time when both Jews, and Jewish Christians were being allowed back into Rome. (They had previoulsly been driven out of Rome) and as a lessons learned, I believe Paul was writing out of experience on what had occured in Galatia. Paul get's a second chance you might say to make sure the two groups get along well, and that we don't see a repeat of what occured in Galatia.

I've done some light studies around the time of Paul, and Paul was an avid student of the school of Hillel (Acts 22:3). At the time, the two schools of thought were the School of Hillel and the School of Shammai and this matter was of the most importance. Here is a brief tidbit of the two schools of thought as it pertains to what I believe Paul is addressing in accordance to Shabbat.
A teaching: It was said of Shammai, the elder that all his days he would eat in order to honor Shabbat. If he would find a nice calf he would say, "This will be for Shabbat." If he found one that was nicer, he would set aside the second one and then eat the first one.

Hillel, however, behaved differently, for all his deeds were for the sake of heaven, as it is written, "Praised be God each day."
It was also recorded in later generations: The House of Shammai said: "Each day should be for Shabbat." The House of Hillel replied: "Praise be God everyday."

You see, it was on the Sabbath that the priests would also make their offerings on the Alter for the people, one of them which was the fellowship offering that would be eaten among those present.

Also, the word remember not only points backward, but it points forward as well. In other words, remember sabbaths past, and anticipate the sabbath to come.

Well, I'm out of time. :shrug
But I want to end this with the thought that these commandments were given to a specific people, at a specific time for a specific reason. It was given to them as part of a covenant to which we gentiles never entered. Thus, we were never under that convenant so unless your Jewish, we should not say 'we' in regard to the Law, for we gentiles were never under (bound) by the law. However, we are under the new covenant in Christ, and even Paul considered the Law Holy, so we ought not tramp on it either. Amen.

'We' might say that I don't [think so], that way we would not be as Rev. 22:18-19 warns against, huh?

Isa. 66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

SO: 'i' think ;).. that the Universe is [ALL CREATED] in [one Unified SYSTEM]. Heb. other
World s also. But the above of Isa. 66 leaves me with NO freedom of thought. --Elijah

I see what your saying. And at first glance it does seem to be a recording of 'time' as we know it. After all, that is what the sun and moon were made for. But could you not look at Isaiah 66 and look at it as a reference to the fact that in our limited knowledge of what time is, that in the new world, we will come before Him ALL the time. Not just on new moons or Sabbaths. But the way it is written seems to dictate that it will be a 'continual' worship, never ending, and the way Isaiah described this to us is in the knowledge of what ALL the time would look like.

I think the main thing to gather from the question this arose from is that time will not be like we know it here. Time here, we know, has an end. That is one of the main reasons I see behind us remembering the Sabbath. In remembrance of it, we see that there is indeed a time when things come to an end. But we know that in that eternal kingdom there will be no 'end'. It will continue forevermore.

Here is something I just read that seems rather interesting, and it might be real interesting to consider regarding a previous post by Sissy.

It is Ezekiels vision of the 'new Temple';

Eze 46:1-2 "Thus says the Lord God: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened, and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened. 2 The prince shall enter by the vestibule of the gate from outside, and shall take his stand by the post of the gate. The priests shall offer his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate. Then he shall go out, but the gate shall not be shut until evening."

So why do you ask sissy?
I asked because it has been suggested that the 7th DAY is holy.
That would require time to exist if we are to understand the Sabbath being a literal amount of time.
But if "Sabbath" is to have a spiritual metaphoric understanding (instead of a literal amount of time), then it wouldn't matter if time existed or not.

That would require time to exist if we are to understand the Sabbath being a literal amount of time.
But if "Sabbath" is to have a spiritual metaphoric understanding (instead of a literal amount of time), then it wouldn't matter if time existed or not.

OK: Nat, it is your question.
Eccl. 3:14, Rev. 22:18-19, 1 John 3:4, + Exod. 32:33. And we are still just thinking of going to the New Canaan Sis! We [AIN'T] There yet. But lets see if Eccl. 3:15 will find Heb. 13:8 nullified by some here?

--Elijah

I figured that is what you were getting at. I still do not believe that 'time' as we know it will exist. There will be no need of time. I also believe that God instituted time as an indication for us of things to come.

The Sun and the Moon were created to give us signs, and to mark time. What else do we know? That these things we call 'day' and 'night' and 'time' and 'season' all have very spiritual meanings behind them. The 'day' of the Lord, is not a morning and evening as we think of it. It is a time period set forth by God. But yet it is called a "day".

The disciples asked Jesus a rather simple question and they got this in response;

Act 1:6-7 "So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority."

Here we see that God has particular 'times and seasons' that we have no knowledge of. And yet we do know that there can be some things out there that have not yet been, even though Ecc 3:15 seems to say differently. But as far as from a human perspective, then yes, Ecc 3:15 rings true. Why do I say its not true from God's perspective?

Isa 48:1-7 "Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and who came from the waters of Judah, who swear by the name of the LORD and confess the God of Israel, but not in truth or right. For they call themselves after the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; the LORD of hosts is his name. "The former things I declared of old; they went out from my mouth, and I announced them; then suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. Because I know that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew and your forehead brass, I declared them to you from of old, before they came to pass I announced them to you, lest you should say, 'My idol did them, my carved image and my metal image commanded them.' "You have heard; now see all this; and will you not declare it? From this time forth I announce to you new things, hidden things that you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, 'Behold, I knew them.'"

This was said after the law, after all things given unto men. God declares that they were even created "now", not "long ago". Huh? That almost seems to go against reason does it not? But this is true, 'Let God be true, and every man a lier', and again;

Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love himâ€â€”

10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and whe is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?†But we have the mind of Christ."

We often think of the 'natural' man as the one who has never believed. I know I have. But in context, and Biblically stating, the 'natural' man is the man who lives in the flesh. The one who walks after the physical not the spiritual. So those who walk after the physical will not grasp what the spiritual is. And those who walk after, live in, the spiritual will be able to understand because they are at one with the mind of Christ. And through His mind, we understand things.

I think this has a TON to do with the Sabbath. I think this study has but only scratched the surface. I find it extremely thought provoking when I read the Old Testament and see that the Sabbath was the one 'law' mentioned more and directly than any other. Well....maybe I am biased on that, I cannot say that I have really sat down and counted them up and came to a solid conclusion. But needless to say it 'pops' up a lot.

Ok, so its not like there are not enough other topics going that could be discussed, but this one is on my mind so I wanted to talk about it.

I do not want this to turn into a 'bashing' of any group of people. That is why I want to put it in here. I want to study the Sabbath from a purely Biblical perspective. The best way to start is from the beginning, working our way through the OT references to it. Anything that has to do with the "Sabbath" or "Seventh Day" is what I want to focus on. Then after it has been discussed thoroughly, I would like to move into the NT view of it. Make sense?

There are a few on this board who I genuinely respect who hold very strong opinions on this topic. I do not wish to offend anyone. I would like to keep it civil, and in a respectful manner. I know its a lot to ask for, but I am asking. I want it to be a study where questions can be raised, and answered, and then talked about. It should not be taken as an attempt to persuade anyone in one direction or another.

So, with that in mind, lets start diving in shall we? These may seem like very basic questions, but I would like to lay groundwork before we get too deep.

Question: What is the first reference to the 'Sabbath' we see in the OT?
--Elijah here:
But we are way up the ladder & the [post] says this..

Nate gives Scripture:
Act 1:6-7 "So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority."

And now we go from the written Word to the 'arm of flesh'. (Jer. 17:5)
Nate again:
Here we see that God has particular 'times and seasons' that we have no knowledge of. And yet we do know that there can be some things out there that have not yet been, even though Ecc 3:15 seems to say differently. But as far as from a human perspective, then yes, Ecc 3:15 rings true. Why do I say its not true from God's perspective?

Me again: Yes 'i' see the question mark. What does that mean? It seems from this end as stated but not sure?? 'i' doubt that any think that they know much of anything about the Godhead? Anyway, what does one do with these 'foggy' (???) details of Inspiration of Paul then?

1Thes.5

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(24 hour day, huh?)

[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

[5] Ye are[ all the children of light, and the children of the day:] we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

(again, is this a 24 hour day here??)

[6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
[9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

PS: But even then, there is NO ONE of us (3) in heaven! Unless Ark. & S.C. is such. And Sis.. is??

I figured that is what you were getting at. I still do not believe that 'time' as we know it will exist. There will be no need of time. I also believe that God instituted time as an indication for us of things to come.

The Sun and the Moon were created to give us signs, and to mark time. What else do we know? That these things we call 'day' and 'night' and 'time' and 'season' all have very spiritual meanings behind them. The 'day' of the Lord, is not a morning and evening as we think of it. It is a time period set forth by God. But yet it is called a "day".

The disciples asked Jesus a rather simple question and they got this in response;

Isa 48:1-7 "Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and who came from the waters of Judah, who swear by the name of the LORD and confess the God of Israel, but not in truth or right. For they call themselves after the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; the LORD of hosts is his name. "The former things I declared of old; they went out from my mouth, and I announced them; then suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. Because I know that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew and your forehead brass, I declared them to you from of old, before they came to pass I announced them to you, lest you should say, 'My idol did them, my carved image and my metal image commanded them.' "You have heard; now see all this; and will you not declare it? From this time forth I announce to you new things, hidden things that you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, 'Behold, I knew them.'"

This was said after the law, after all things given unto men. God declares that they were even created "now", not "long ago". Huh? That almost seems to go against reason does it not? But this is true, 'Let God be true, and every man a lier', and again;

Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love himâ€â€”

10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and whe is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?†But we have the mind of Christ."

We often think of the 'natural' man as the one who has never believed. I know I have. But in context, and Biblically stating, the 'natural' man is the man who lives in the flesh. The one who walks after the physical not the spiritual. So those who walk after the physical will not grasp what the spiritual is. And those who walk after, live in, the spiritual will be able to understand because they are at one with the mind of Christ. And through His mind, we understand things.

I think this has a TON to do with the Sabbath. I think this study has but only scratched the surface. I find it extremely thought provoking when I read the Old Testament and see that the Sabbath was the one 'law' mentioned more and directly than any other. Well....maybe I am biased on that, I cannot say that I have really sat down and counted them up and came to a solid conclusion. But needless to say it 'pops' up a lot.
Very good.

I also do not think that "day" has to refer to a 24 hour period.

Having a new creation without time as we know it would not be in conflict of Ecc.3:15 because it is not the minute details that are of concern. It's the message.
If you rely on the minute details, you will come up with all sorts of distorted doctrines.

For instance:
We are called children of God, and we are called the bride of God.
If you rely on the mixed-matched details rather than the message, then you have a distorted doctrine of God comitting insest by marrying His child!

The MESSAGE is the RELATIONSHIP between God and man.
The MESSAGE can be explained in several different ways with differing details.
But the MESSAGE is the same --- RELATIONSHIP.

Likewise, we should not get too hung up on the details of the Sabbath, but understand what the MESSAGE is.

The MESSAGE is that God provided everything for man, created man, and then there was rest.
God has provided everything for our eternal state, makes us a new creature, and there will be rest.

We must remember that man was not created to serve the Sabbath. The Sabbath was created to serve man.

Exod. 20 has God documenting His Sabbath this way. And even note the command for the husband on down, ....

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(also Gen. 1:14-18 these were the requirements for days ect. And from verse 5-31 we see the dark part alway coming first for the starting of Their day.)

Surely in the New Earth we will not be on an Eternal Workless life of welfare. Isaiah 65:21-25

I see it told me of what my loving Sabbath duties will not be like in Isa, 58:12. 'If' the condition is Lovingly 'DESIRED'? then we see verses 12-14 a loving principle.

And the day for Worship of God I find at creation week being the Memorial or Birthday of Earth. (Psalms 135:13 'Thy Memorial throughout all generations')

What do you think was Adam & Eve's FIRST Worship sermon? (the Sabbath after their creation?) I can't imagine that they were not warned about satan's purpose for earth? Eccl. 3:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15

--Elijah

Exod. 20 has God documenting His Sabbath this way. And even note the command for the husband on down, ....

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

But that day of rest was not for the priests and the temple.
Priest did not get a day of rest from the duties of the temple.

And we (believers in Christ) are the temple, and we are priests.
We do not take a day off each week from our duties.

The Sabbath was given at Creation & is it's Memorial. (birthday Psalms 135:13) And Abe was a Gentile & was totally Obedient long before the Sanctuary was built. God told Issac (and all of eternity) why Abe the gentile was Called by Them. Gen. 26:1-*5 finds.. BECAUSE HE WAS OBEDIENT TO ALL LAWS MENTIONED EVEN!

The Ten 2 tables of 'Stone' Commandments started with with the forth one using the Inspired Word of.. 'REMEMBER THE SABBATH AND KEEP IT HOLY'. Remember from where? Creation week.

And the 7th Day Sabbath DUTIES OF GOD you think are in violation of Worship?? Or were only for priests?? The Sabbath is ETERNAL & is even KEPT by the ( Rev. 22:8-9, Rev. 11:19 if one knows what the Ark of His TESTIMENT is?) angels.

Isa. 58 finds out what Worship to God is all about on Their 7th. Day Sabbath which, They have SET ASIDE FOR HOLY USE. And also what is our 'own time' requirements.

We do understand that Christ also Magnified the Law & made it Honorable (Isa. 42:21) in freeing up all of the tied on 'evil' false restrictions? Such as, it was always is lawful to do good on the Sabbath Day, then there the ox in the ditch type foolishness? and others, huh! But Isa. here below finds these Inspired Word for our clear duties for Worship.

[12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, [not doing thine own ways], nor [finding thine own pleasure], nor [speaking thine own words:]

[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

---Elijah

PS: Here are a couple of the verses for the above, on what is in the Ark of God.
Exod. 25
[16] And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
[17] And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
[18] And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
[19] And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
[20] And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
[21] And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

Also see 1 Kings 8:7-9.

The work of the Priests in the temple was the work of redemption , the talmid, or daily sacrifice.

(Exo 29:38) Now this is that which you shall offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.
(Exo 29:39) The one lamb you shall offer in the morning; and the other lamb you shall offer at even:
(Exo 29:40) And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering.
(Exo 29:41) And the other lamb you shall offer at even, and shall do thereto according to the food offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Since our High Priest Yeshua has made the final sacrifice for us, we take the day to honor God as Yeshua did during his ministry.
Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up in order to read.
We come together to read and hear the Word of God, to refresh and renew our spirit. Though we are priests, we are still His disciples.

Stay Blessed

Though we are priests, we are still His disciples.
We are many things ...... sheep, bride, branches, sons, priests, etc.

But in the context of who was to rest on the Sabbath day, priests did not rest on that day as others were commanded to do so.

Matthew 12
(5) Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back