Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] About Asking God...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
:waving This mornings devotion was very good for me, I thought to share it here since it teaches about prayer...

How many times do we say "I want" in our prayers, and how many times do we ask "What do You want, God?"
:yes

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
James 4:3

‘I do pray,’ you may say. ‘But I don’t get what I ask for.’ :chin

Is it because you’re asking amiss? Prayer is not giving orders. :shame It’s reporting for duty. And once a person finally understands that prayer is not humanity saying, ‘Bless the business; bring in the money; solve the problem’ and God saying, ‘Aye, aye, captain’, our prayer lives will be revolutionized. :thumb

Prayer is saying, ‘Father, what do You want to do in my life~ today? "I want" You to do what You see is best for me because I get mixed up so easily.’

I walked into his room during his nap to find one-year-old Peter John laying on his back, eagerly reaching for an object dangling just inches above his head. Living in a rustic cabin in the woods at that time, we were sometimes surprised by the visitors we would have. And this particular afternoon was no exception, for I was surprised indeed to see the object for which Peter was so intently reaching was a black widow spider.

We’re just like Peter John. We lay on our beds or kneel beside them and, through prayer, grab for things we think would be so wonderful, failing to realize they are nothing but black widows. Therefore, every bit as exciting to me as prayers God does answer are those He doesn’t answer because I know I’ll see that what I thought was so intriguing and tantalizing will prove to be poisonous and deadly. Oh, may we learn not to give orders or grab spiders but to do what Jesus did in the Garden: to submit to whatever the Father has for us. (Jon Courson) http://www.joncourson.com/
:shades

This is a good reminder for me... I have asked for spiders before. have you?
sheshisown~

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back