Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Academically troubled young adult in need of prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I grew up a Christian, and my whole life I was abused by a father who claimed he was a christian and a son of God yet pummeled me into the ground every day. When I got older and went off to college at 18, I denounced my separation from the church and the Christian religion. At 19, I suffered serious depression. My past had finally caught up to me and it made me do horrible in school as well as my social life. I refused medication and eventually got kicked out of school for my poor grades and lack of will to attend any classes. I didn't do laundry for months, I didn't get out of bed. At 20 I wised up, I took the meds, I did so much better but it only treated symptoms, it never treated the root of the issue. I am now off medication because I realize religion is stronger than any medication they can give me but with my meds I find myself doing so poorly in school. I give up so easily once I fall down and fail a test that I see no point in continuing onward.

I've been set back so many times in my academic life and I finally have the chance next semester to start over with a new a major. But this semester, I'm not sure if I'll have the grade to pull through to keep going to school. If I get kicked out a second time, I will have failed my mother who is disabled and paying for my school bills on her own. I will also fail myself, because getting a job without a degree is so hard these days.

Please keep me in your prayers. I only have one week of school left yet I feel like it's too late to do anything. Hope is lost for me.

Praying for you. Don't be discouraged Biblicalbraith, i pray that the Lord will increase your faith. Keep trying and do your best. God will bless you.

I only have one week of school left yet I feel like it's too late to do anything. Hope is lost for me.
Dear Biblical Briath, I don't know if this will make sense but I believe you are maturing. When we are young we know the answers, we take off to establish ourselves, and so many of us run into dead ends.

Though for a different reason, I gave this example in some other thread, but this man goes to the doctor, is examined with many tests, and the results are there's no more we can do for you; we can only pray. My God the man exclaimed! Has it come to that? The idea here is to begin with prayer.

Well that brings up the thought of Frank Sinatra singing "I did it my way." At this present time I would near bet he wished he had done it God's way.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself (Not to self), and take up his cross, and follow me.

Your knowledge and beginning of wisdom is coming into view as you realize there is something better, you are thinking of others instead of yourself such as your mother, and you want to do something about it. Throughout my younger years I just got by in education. When I was older and working, I knew what I needed to succeed, began college and even though working much overtime, having a family, and little extra time I retained a 3.86 grade point average; will has a lot to do with it.

Dear Father, please come to BiblicalBraith with Your special help to establish his way as You lead him into the life You want for him. Give him the courage, the will to succeed, and the ability he needs to endure any task he sets to accomplish. Bless him Father as only You can and I ask this in Jesus' name.

Hi, BiblicalBraith, and welcome to CFnet :wave

You are definitely in my prayers.

Keep your focus on our Lord and return your heart & your life to Him. Pray before you study for your classes; pray as you study for finals. Pray as you sit for finals. During the break before next semester, read & study your Bible.

Hope is never lost as long as you have true faith in our Lord. After all, He never abandons us!

Blessings!

Dear BiblicalBraith ,

The fact that you are writing this shows that God has turned you around. He has caused you to take care of your own actions - ie not studying - and turn it around to do it better. Do not get discourage... God is with you.. even if you have whatever time left before the test, you can do it with God's help. At least you are studying for a degree.. and looking back you have progress very much - you agree ?

Just focus on studying - God wil help you... If this time you can clear - glory be with the Lord - and you know that it is the Grace of God that helped you
If you cannot clear the exams - then there is a purpose that God wants that to happen..

Take care please - and have faith in the Lord our God...

Amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back