Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Act and Being, Bonhoeffer?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

yoamocuy

Has anyone read any of Bonhoeffer's Act and Being? I'm thinking about getting it but want some insights before I invest 30$ into it cause there are many other books on my shelf that are unread at the moment.

Read the books you already have. An then go to a local public library to get the book so you know wether you want it or not. Great thing about books most places they are FREE!:yes

I second Lorna's recommendation about going to your local library, yoamocuy. And remember, most libraries take part in some version of an inter-library loan system, so if your local library doesn't have the book you want, you can ask at the front desk to see if they can obtain it from another library.

Most libraries are communities' local treasures in that they provide resources that otherwise wouldn't be available. And let's face it: reading certainly helps to strengthen the mind ... the proverbial 'food' for thought

Back