Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam and Eve

Was Adam and Eve the first people

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There were people living long before 6,000 BC. The native Indians for one, and I believe the Chinese also. Google the first humans.

Hi n2thelight

Yes, Adam and Eve were the first two human beings to live upon the earth. They were created by the hand of God on the sixth rotation of the planet. Six days prior to Adam and Eve's existence there wasn't anyplace where anything could have lived. There was no earth. There were no stars. There was no oxygen for anyone to breath and live as a human being. Nor would any plant have been created prior to the six rotations of the earth that consummated with the day in which Adam and Eve were created upon the earth by the hand of God, our Creator, Sustainer and Savior.

God bless,
Ted

Satan’s fall from heaven is symbolically described in Isaiah 14:12-14 and Ezekiel 28:12-18. These two passages are referring to the kings of Babylon and Tyre, but also have a dual reference to the spiritual power behind them, known as Satan.

The angels were created before the foundation of the earth, Job 38:4-7, and Satan fell before he tempted Adam and Eve, Genesis 3:1-14. Scripture does not say when Satan fell, but we see that it was before tempting Adam and Eve as per Ezekiel 28:12-18. Satan was the guardian set over the garden of Eden before the creation of man. According to Job 1:6, 7 Satan still has access to heaven and the throne of God as he was roaming through the earth moving freely between the two and giving account to God as he spoke to Him. Satan has not yet been cast out of heaven as this will take place in the end of days with the war between him and his angels and Michael and his angels, Revelation Chapter 12.

Scripture is silent as giving an exact time when God will cast Satan out of the Throne Room of heaven and having access to the throne of God, but it was before that of the Assyrian mentioned in Ezekiel 31 that were Pre-Adamic human beings living in or near the garden of God which is/was somewhere close to Lebanon as the river Hiddekel flowed into it.

Genesis 1:28 God told Adam and Eve to replenish the earth, Genesis 9:1 God told Noah to replenish the earth after the flood. By these passages from the Bible we can see that this world is much older than 6000 years and was inhabited by man way before the creation of Adam and Eve as the key word here is replenish. Why would God tell them to replenish the earth if there were not others here before Adam and Eve.

From the time God created the heavens and the earth until that of creating Adam and Eve could have spanned more than 6000 years as we do see Dinosars and dragons mention throughout scripture, Job 30: 29; Job 40:15-18, 23; Job 41; Isaiah 27:1; Isaiah 34:13; Isaiah 35:7; Isaiah 51:9; Deu 32:33; Psalms 44:19; Psalms 74:13; Isaiah 43:20; Jer 9:11; Jer 10:22; Jer 49:33; Micah 1:8; Mal 1:3.

When God cast out Cain in Genesis Chapter four Cain made the statement that everyone that finds him will slay him and Cain went to dwell in the land of Nod. We only hear at this time in Genesis chapter four that there were only Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel as they were their first two children. When Cain was cast out scripture says he went to Nod, knew his wife and conceived a son, so where did she come from if there were not others created before Adam.

My question is who decided man has only been here for 6000 years?

There were people living long before 6,000 BC. The native Indians for one, and I believe the Chinese also. Google the first humans.
Who cares if there were people living long before 6,000 BC? I did a Google search and the first item said "One of the earliest known humans is Homo habilis, or “handy man,” who lived about 2.4 million to 1.4 million years ago in Eastern and Southern Africa." So..?

Hi for_his_glory

God.

God's word tells us exactly (within a couple hundred years or so) how long the creation has existed.

God bless,
Ted
Then please share that information with us in the timeline after Satan was cast out of the garden of Eden to that of Adam being created. If Adam was the first man then why did God tell him to replenish the earth; emphasis on "replenish". What was Adam to replenish or the need to replenish.

Hi @for his glory,

I didn't make any claims as to the days of Satan's being cast out of the garden of Eden. That's your understanding. I don't believe Satan was in the garden prior to Adam's creation because God tells us that He created Adam and set him in the garden that He had created. There's no place I've found in the Scriptures that would allude to Satan having been in the garden prior to Adam's creation. The Scriptures do tell us that Satan existed before Adam's creation, but his existence then was not in the creation that God began with the 6 day creation of the realm He built for humanity.

There is an angelic realm. It's the same realm in which we are told that the angels watched and rejoiced as God built this new creation realm for mankind. Two totally different realms for the existence of two totally different creatures. However, your question was not about the days of Satan. Your question was centered solely on:
My question is who decided man has only been here for 6000 years?
I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your question, but I don't see anything in there about the existence of Satan and his days.

God's word does answer the question that you have asked. God's word does tell us that this entire realm of creation in which God built a realm in which mankind could exist in 6 days. A day (as far as it's total length) has always and forever been defined as the time that it takes for a planetary body to complete one full rotation upon its axis. You can look that up in any request concerning the length of a 'day' on any of the planets in our solar system. It is always explained as the time it takes for the particular and specific planet to make a full rotation. So, if the earth, and I believe it was, was spinning in the moment that God placed it in its place in the universe, then a day passed as soon as it made it's first full rotation.

Now, we can all discuss that the word 'day' can be used to express other lengths of time and that is true. But, there are rules, of which God is fully aware, as to how man establishes the meaning of words. Let's do remember that the Scriptures were written as God the author writing to man the created. God is going to write the Scriptures with the full knowledge of how man understands things. It is His purpose in writing the Scriptures to reveal Himself to mankind. That's not going to happen if He writes His testimony as orangutans speak and converse. God wants man to understand 'who' He is and all that He has done and so the Scriptures are written to man, for man, in a manner that man can understand.

The rule for the word 'day', is that whenever it is used with specific numbering, then it is the length of a solar day. When God caused to be written, "Thus ended the first day." Then according to the rules of the language of Hebrew, that day is to be understood as a single solar day. One full rotation of the earth upon its axis.

So, the beginning of this realm of creation began with God creating the earth. It stood as the single, solitary body in all of the universe. There were no stars. There was no sun or moon. There were no other galaxies or asteroids or comets scattered about the universe. The earth stood as the single created object in all of the universe. Then, over the next 5 days (rotations of that first created planet upon its axis) God built this realm in which mankind could have life. He created the atmosphere of oxygen and other elements surrounding the earth so that man could breathe. He created the plant and food growing systems where sunlight causes the plants to transpire and thereby grow, from their initial created form. All that so that mankind could have food to eat. God created everything in this realm of His creating for the sole purpose of sustaining the life of mankind. He also, after the solitary earth was created standing in the black inkiness of the empty universe, created all the stars and planets and other heavenly bodies. His claim is that He created them that we may know times and seasons, but later in the Scriptures we find that He also created them because their scope and depth and breadth causes us to stand in awe at the power and majesty of our God who created us and all that we see in this universe.

This is what the law says. For in six days, God created all the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. All! All that is in the universe, God created. All that is in the universe God also claims to have created within the span of time of the 6 days. That's what God's law says, that was, according to the Scriptures, written by the very hand of God. So it isn't like man made some mistake in writing it all down. God's law that Moses brought down off the mountain written on two stone tablets by the finger of God tells us that in six days God created all the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. All!!!!!

Now some argue that we don't know how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden. Maybe not, but again, God's word tells us that Adam was a certain age, in years, when he had his son named Seth. My guess would be that Adam and Eve didn't last very long in the perfection of the garden, since we are told that Satan was more crafty than all the other creatures that God had created. Satan is smart. Don't be fooled that he's ignorant or stupid. He, as an angel, is waaaaay more powerful and smarter than we are. Satan has actually stood before God. He knows what God's throne looks like and he knows when the realm that he lives in was created and he knows God's desire for this created realm. Since we know that Satan fell before the creation of this realm, then it's a pretty likely case that he started right away to deceive Adam and Eve to show off to God how smart and wise he was to destroy God's plan.

We also know that God commanded Adam and Eve to go forth and multiply very, very shortly after their creation, while they were still in the garden. But then we also know that it was after they were removed from the garden that Cain and Abel came to loggerheads. Cain and Abel were the first of their children and Adam and Eve seemed to have already been kicked out of the garden when they came to exist, or at least when we are told of their account of offering that displeased God and caused Cain to kill Abel. So, while we don't know, and are not told how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden, the account of their children, which they were immediately commanded to create to ensure the future generations, seems to have been started after they were kicked out. I rather doubt that Adam and Eve lasted 2 years in the garden.

We also know that the garden was on the earth after the sun and moon and stars had been created, so we also know, then, that years passed in the same way that they do now, even when they were in the garden. The earth traveled around the sun just as it does today to establish the length of a year.

So, the Scriptures tell us at least twice, that God created this realm in which we live in six days. It is, in fact, the basis for the week of days that has been practiced and followed now for all these 6,000 years of man's existence. That's pretty powerful evidence. It is, in fact, the basis for the Sabbath. Even God uses the 7 day week to account for the passing of days upon the earth. In Daniel, God's angel speaks to him about 'weeks' of years. Seven!!! years. So, God created the earth on day one. It was covered with water and spinning upon its axis. On the sixth day He made Adam. When Adam was 130 years old, that's 130 travels of the earth around the sun, he and Eve begot Seth. As God has written the Scriptures, it's a pretty simple piece of math work to work out fairly surely how old the earth is.

That's the power and glory of God, that He creates things that have not existed from NOTHING!!!!! Mankind did not arise from some previously created creature that lived upon the earth and then transformed into the creature that we know today. No!! Not at all!! God created Adam with two arms and two legs and a thinking brain and he and Eve likely looked pretty much like any man or woman today. They spoke in understandable language to God. They didn't grunt and growl like some wild animal untransformed. From the moment that God scooped up the dust of the earth and formed the creature Adam, Adam spoke and was aware and was human in all that he was.

It's all right there in the Scriptures and I understand that people want to throw in the ineptness of man to try and discount what is written to us, but my faith, much as Paul's, tells me that that God and His Spirit is the author of the Scriptures. My faith tells me that God wrote the Scriptures in a manner that He expected man to understand. Because their very purpose was to reveal the God, who in six days created this realm in which we live, to man, that man could understand 'who' He is. Anyone who cares to may freely discount what the Scriptures say, but to say that they don't give us any indication of how long man has lived upon the earth, is a statement of ignorance of what the Scriptures do tell us. The Scriptures are fairly clear on the subject, but we are hard of heart and slow to hear and even slower to learn. That's in the Scriptures, also.

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your question, but I don't see anything in there about the existence of Satan and his days.
I'm sorry you do not see the dual reference to Satan in Isaiah and Ezekiel being placed in the Garden of Eden by God to oversee it until iniquity was found in him. Satan, for which man has given his name as there are many, existed before the foundation of the world as being one of God's most anointed angels He created, the one who worked through the serpent to cause the fall of Adam and Eve.

Besides that long post as I do understand the six days of creation, day and night so you are not teaching me anything new, but I have another question for you. Why did God tell Adam and Eve to replenish the earth in Genesis 1:27-28? If something is replenished then that means there was something that existed at one time, but no longer there. What about the prehistoric age and with it the ice age that destroyed men and the Dinosaurs that date back more than 6000 years before Adam and Eve were created. See, we have no idea of what took place before Adam and Eve.

Hi for_his_glory

I'm sorry you do not see the dual reference to Satan in Isaiah and Ezekiel being placed in the Garden of Eden by God to oversee it until iniquity was found in him.
Isaiah does not mention anything about Satan being in the garden. Ezekiel does mention Satan being in the garden, but doesn't go any further than that as to whether or not that was where Satan always existed. It just says that he was in the garden. Then it goes on to speak of how he was created perfect and beautiful until iniquity was found in him. I don't think anyone denies that Satan was in the garden. The Scriptures are pretty clear on that and I have never denied it either. But the angelic realm was created prior to, outside of, and apart from the realm of mankind. Satan went into the garden to tempt Eve after God created the realm of mankind.

Why did God tell Adam and Eve to replenish the earth in Genesis 1:27-28?
Depending on what translation you read, God probably never did say that to Adam and Eve. The NIV says that God said to Adam and Eve: God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” It may be a worthwhile study to look into why, of some 54 translations given in Biblestudytools.com, only 5 include the word 'replenish' as their translation of this passage. All the others merely say mulitiply and fill the earth and subdue it. Hmmmm?

Here's a bit from Creation.com on the matter:

To many people, this seems blatantly obvious from reading the verse above, which is from the King James translation. When I say I want to ‘replenish’ my kitchen cupboard, I mean that I want to ‘refill’ or ‘restock’ it. Which means that though it is now empty, it once was full.

People reading the KJV in earlier times would have likely understood replenish to mean exactly what the Hebrew word means, i.e. fill.
By seeing the word ‘replenish’, people think (not surprisingly), “Isn’t God telling us that he wants Adam and Eve to refill the world? And doesn’t that mean that it had previously been filled, then emptied?”

But as any Hebrew interlinear Bible or Bible dictionary will tell you, the word translated as ‘replenish’ in Genesis 1:28 is the Hebrew verb מלאו (mil’û), which simply means fill. Not refill. Which is why most modern versions translate the word in Genesis 1:28 as fill. But this does not necessarily mean that the King James translators made a mistake here. They seem to have known what the Hebrew word meant, as shown by the fact that in most other places it appears in the OT, they simply translated it as ‘fill’.

For further study, here's what AnswersinGenesis says about the your understanding:

So, as a study in Genesis and the translation work thereof, most newer translations have come to forego the word 'replenish' because according to Hebrew definition, that's not what the word that the KJ translators translated as replenish actually means. Hebrew verb מלאו (mil’û), which simply means fill. Not refill. So most newer translations have adopted the Hebrew instructions on what the word mil'u means.

So, more than likely, actually there's a pretty good argument to be made, that God never told Adam and Eve to go and 'replenish' the earth. That's just a curiosity that comes about from fairly poor translation work.

God bless,
Ted

The earth was without form and void. Nothing there.
To create the heavens and the earth from nothing took billions of years, and the Hebrew word for day can mean anything up to eternity. We are in the seventh day now, and an extremely long day it is.

We are all made of one blood, to dwell on the face of the whole world, to determine the times before appointed, as God speaks of things that exist to Him, ( as all live unto God already) and then to God it is to REPLENISH the world, the same as God said for Noah, to replenish the world that lives to God, always. ( Genesis 1:28. 9:1.) because we are CHOSEN IN CHRIST BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Luke 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Now Adam called Eve her name, being the mother of all living ( all made of one blood from along with them.)

Adam was the first man ( if you add up all the births in the bible, It comes to 14000 years ago.) made a living soul, but the focus which you people love to focus on, is of the earth then, instead of the Lord from heaven. ( you have a brief testimony then it will be gone very shortly.)

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

It is the new heavens and the new earth we are to look for, they wont take billions of years to be made, they will be immediately. The focus again ( which everybody is seen as ignoring) is to be found of God blameless, without spot and our conversation to be holy and godly, not vainly in mans wisdom and mans own self interests and deceit.

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

HI Cooper

If I may add to what andy pandy has written concerning the gospel of Google. There was a day, according to the Scriptures, and I believe it wholeheartedly, that God parted a sea. A very deep sea. He held that sea open and both the author of the book of the Exodus and Miriam explain that the water stood as a wall on both the right hand and the left hand of the Israelites as they passed through on dry ground.

Do you know that's impossible? We've had water with us from the beginning of this created realm and one of the laws of water that has withstood the test of time for all of those 6,000 years is that water seeks to level itself. It has to! There is not a human being alive that can command, make, devise water to stand unaided like a wall. It's also one of the reasons that we know that the flood had to be global. There's no possible way that water could have flooded some local region with enough water to cover every high ground within that region, and then remained flooding the region for 6 months. Why? Because water seeks to level itself. There is no place on the face of the earth built as a bowl that would have held that description of the water of the flood in some local region. There are always valleys and low lands that water will run through seeking level even in the most dense mountain ranges of the earth.

Tell me, if you can. What does your Google expert tell you as to how God did that?

Hopefully you can see my point. Man denies the power and majesty of God in all of his understanding of the things that God has done. Man can't explain to you how a virgin came to be pregnant. It's impossible! We know now, after several hundred years of scientific and medical study that the only way a female's egg becomes a viable fetus is that the sperm of a male must inseminate that egg. It's the only way that any human child has ever been born. But God did it!

Man has to deny that God caused the sun to stand still in the sky at one point in Israel's history. It's impossible and we all shudder to think what would happen if such an event really did occur. But God, according to the Scriptures, did it!

In one night, every firstborn child of every family in Egypt, and there were thousands of families at that time living in Egypt, died? How could that possibly be? What kind of natural disease would only affect the firstborn of a family? What kind of imagined catastrophe could have gone throughout a city/nation in one night and left behind, in just a few short hours, every firstborn of every family...dead?

What does Google give you as the answer for that catastrophe? You see, man's science is worthless when it comes to explaining things that God has done. Now man cannot fathom that something as vast and huge and awesome as the universe and all that is in it could be created just practically within moments. So we come up with what appear to be reasonable scientifically studied explanations for the work of God. However when one reads the description of so many of the miracles of God, and then tries to match it with what man's science tells us, it fails miserably.

For example, the Scriptures tell us that the earth was the first created heavenly body. Does man's science confirm even that small description of the event? So, and I know it's a strong and powerful delusion that so many of just want to believe, but when God works, there are no scientific explanations to tell us how He did things. God is all powerful. God is all wise. God can do, according to the Scriptures, what seems impossible to man. I think, when we discuss the creation and the many, many other miracles of God's handiwork within this created realm, that we are wise to remember that and know and understand that man just cannot answer such questions.

The other piece of Scriptures that is worth remembering in these considerations is that God has proclaimed to us that He will make foolish the wisdom of the wise.

God's testimony is that He created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them in six days. Jesus' testimony is that Adam was the first man. Are you a believer, or an unbeliever?

God bless,
Ted

HI Cooper

If I may add to what andy pandy has written concerning the gospel of Google. There was a day, according to the Scriptures, and I believe it wholeheartedly, that God parted a sea. A very deep sea. He held that sea open and both the author of the book of the Exodus and Miriam explain that the water stood as a wall on both the right hand and the left hand of the Israelites as they passed through on dry ground.

Do you know that's impossible? We've had water with us from the beginning of this created realm and one of the laws of water that has withstood the test of time for all of those 6,000 years is that water seeks to level itself. It has to! There is not a human being alive that can command, make, devise water to stand unaided like a wall. It's also one of the reasons that we know that the flood had to be global. There's no possible way that water could have flooded some local region with enough water to cover every high ground within that region, and then remained flooding the region for 6 months. Why? Because water seeks to level itself. There is no place on the face of the earth built as a bowl that would have held that description of the water of the flood in some local region. There are always valleys and low lands that water will run through seeking level even in the most dense mountain ranges of the earth.

Tell me, if you can. What does your Google expert tell you as to how God did that?

Hopefully you can see my point. Man denies the power and majesty of God in all of his understanding of the things that God has done. Man can't explain to you how a virgin came to be pregnant. It's impossible! We know now, after several hundred years of scientific and medical study that the only way a female's egg becomes a viable fetus is that the sperm of a male must inseminate that egg. It's the only way that any human child has ever been born. But God did it!

Man has to deny that God caused the sun to stand still in the sky at one point in Israel's history. It's impossible and we all shudder to think what would happen if such an event really did occur. But God, according to the Scriptures, did it!

In one night, every firstborn child of every family in Egypt, and there were thousands of families at that time living in Egypt, died? How could that possibly be? What kind of natural disease would only affect the firstborn of a family? What kind of imagined catastrophe could have gone throughout a city/nation in one night and left behind, in just a few short hours, every firstborn of every family...dead?

What does Google give you as the answer for that catastrophe? You see, man's science is worthless when it comes to explaining things that God has done. Now man cannot fathom that something as vast and huge and awesome as the universe and all that is in it could be created just practically within moments. So we come up with what appear to be reasonable scientifically studied explanations for the work of God. However when one reads the description of so many of the miracles of God, and then tries to match it with what man's science tells us, it fails miserably.

For example, the Scriptures tell us that the earth was the first created heavenly body. Does man's science confirm even that small description of the event? So, and I know it's a strong and powerful delusion that so many of just want to believe, but when God works, there are no scientific explanations to tell us how He did things. God is all powerful. God is all wise. God can do, according to the Scriptures, what seems impossible to man. I think, when we discuss the creation and the many, many other miracles of God's handiwork within this created realm, that we are wise to remember that and know and understand that man just cannot answer such questions.

The other piece of Scriptures that is worth remembering in these considerations is that God has proclaimed to us that He will make foolish the wisdom of the wise.

God's testimony is that He created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them in six days. Jesus' testimony is that Adam was the first man. Are you a believer, or an unbeliever?

God bless,
Ted
One of the best posts that I have ever read.

To create the heavens and the earth from nothing took billions of years, and the Hebrew word for day can mean anything up to eternity. We are in the seventh day now, and an extremely long day it is.
I don't know where you get this idea from but there is no evidence for it. The bit that we do know took six days.
The bit we don't know we have no idea how long it took.

Back