Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam then Eve

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I heard a sermon yesterday about "The Two Adams" and was thinking about starting a thread on it. I need to do some more research on it first but it is scriptural and very interesting.

Christine:

The 19th century preacher C H Spurgeon did a sermon on federal headship, as he called it. Adam, head of humanity in unbelief; Christ, head of all who are alive in Him. (This is what Spurgeon said, approximately.)

I heard a sermon yesterday about "The Two Adams" and was thinking about starting a thread on it. I need to do some more research on it first but it is scriptural and very interesting.

The second Adam is Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV)
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:45 (KJV)
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Is there a reason to not think all accounts happened? remember who is actually speaking:

John 14:24-26 (KJV)
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Again, valid points.

And I think you identify the 'point of departure'.

The historical events of Jesus' life and death were remembered in different ways by different people. This act of 'remembering' is significant as the gospel narratives take up the process of what the 'remembering' means to the individual concerned.

And that same process can be applied to the whole of scripture.

Thus the story of Adam and Eve is remembered a certain way does not stop it being remembered some other way. Thus to stipulate that the story of Creation and Adam and Eve must be remembered literally works against the process of revelation through the Holy Spirit.

Again, valid points.

And I think you identify the 'point of departure'.

The historical events of Jesus' life and death were remembered in different ways by different people. This act of 'remembering' is significant as the gospel narratives take up the process of what the 'remembering' means to the individual concerned.

And that same process can be applied to the whole of scripture.

Thus the story of Adam and Eve is remembered a certain way does not stop it being remembered some other way. Thus to stipulate that the story of Creation and Adam and Eve must be remembered literally works against the process of revelation through the Holy Spirit.

You act as if it is a court room and a stenographer is taking dictation word for word and that it should match exactly or it is without divinity.

we both can witness a football game, the same game in seats right next to each other, then tell our play by play and it will not be exactly the same but both stories will correlate.

the longer time goes on, our stories may not even eventually match, but during the Apostolic age and the writing of the Bible was many years and there is remarkable correlation between stories, this was the Holy Spirit giving them remembrance. and duplication is a detriment, what Mathew does not shed light on Mark, Luke or John does, in the end is the complete revelation whether you believe it or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back