Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Addiction?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I must really live in a unique part of the world. I keep hearing people on this forum talking about this "license to sin" idea that I'm told has taken over all the churches but yet I've never heard this kind of thing said or taught in any way in any church I've been in as a member, frequent visitor, or just a guest. I've never even run into an individual Christian who said or even hinted or acted like they believed this. One church I attend frequently is pastored by a personal friend who is a very strong "grace preacher" (his description), has 3 published books on grace, and has made grace the main focus of his entire ministry yet even he doesn't teach anything close to this acceptance of sin that I keep being told on these forums is so wide spread these days. In fact one Sunday he dedicated an entire sermon to strongly preaching against this very thing. I guess I just live in a really unique area with the only people left in the world who don't follow this "license to sin" idea.
Anybody who teaches that there is nothing you can do to lose your salvation makes grace a license to sin whether they realize it or not.

Your describing how deceitful false doctrines work. They blind the eyes of the person to the real truth of what they believe and embrace. That's why it's a deceitful work of the enemy in the church. I see this duplicity in people's doctrines all the time, especially in law keeping doctrines. They say one thing, and firmly believe it, but are blind to the implications of what they believe. That's how the enemy works.

Last edited:
I must really live in a unique part of the world. I keep hearing people on this forum talking about this "license to sin" idea that I'm told has taken over all the churches but yet I've never heard this kind of thing said or taught in any way in any church I've been in as a member, frequent visitor, or just a guest. I've never even run into an individual Christian who said or even hinted or acted like they believed this. One church I attend frequently is pastored by a personal friend who is a very strong "grace preacher" (his description), has 3 published books on grace, and has made grace the main focus of his entire ministry yet even he doesn't teach anything close to this acceptance of sin that I keep being told on these forums is so wide spread these days. In fact one Sunday he dedicated an entire sermon to strongly preaching against this very thing. I guess I just live in a really unique area with the only people left in the world who don't follow this "license to sin" idea.
Example: Prosperity teachers and their followers will swear up and down their teaching has nothing to do with greed and the love of money. It's only those who aren't caught up in that movement (that is, not caught up in the false prosperity gospel) that can see that their gospel really is all about greed and the love of money.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back