Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adults: born in 1995!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

farouk

Well, I'm realizing that people born in 1995 are becoming officially and legally adults.

This is quite a thought! 1995 seems to be so recent.

Anyway, to think that there are now those who were born in 1995 who are making their own decisions and commemorating their passage to adulthood. It kind of makes one's mind boggle that the years have gone by so fast.

Always good when one's early adulthood is already been guided and led by the Lord.

(Thought...)

Well, I'm realizing that people born in 1995 are becoming officially and legally adults.

This is quite a thought! 1995 seems to be so recent.

Anyway, to think that there are now those who were born in 1995 who are making their own decisions and commemorating their passage to adulthood. It kind of makes one's mind boggle that the years have gone by so fast.

Always good when one's early adulthood is already been guided and led by the Lord.

(Thought...)

It amazes me too. When I think of 1995, I view it in my mind as "recent". Then I do the math and I'm like, "Really? 18 years?"

I read that "I'm realizing that people born in 1995 are becoming officially and legally adults" and thought, no way ... that's only ... (let's see, my sonw as born in '87 and he's 25 so those born in '95 are ... going to ... be ...
... uh ...
Good grief! 18!
Why do I suddenly feel so old ... and so concerned for the world?

Well, yes.

They can be sent in uniform and be put in harm's way to defend us all. They don't really need permission any more if they want to do all sorts of stuff, now. Christians need to pray for their young folk. Part of it is realizing that they are now adults and should be treated as such.

My brother's born in 95, myself in 92. Hard to believe how quickly time goes...
Nick? I'm 40 years older than you?? Wow! I'm truly ... disgusted!

No, not really. I have begun dating a woman exactly four days younger than I am, and we both marvel at how young we feel. I guess we've taken care of ourselves. She is the only person my age that can still ride a 21-speed road bike with me, loves being physically active -- walking, tennis, whatever. It's all mind over matter. If we don't mind, it doesn't matter. LOL

My daughter was born in '95. My how time flies..... :)

S: Yep. Well, in theory she soon can join the military, vote for a different candidate from yours, get inked or pierced and whole load of other things, without asking dad. (I'm not saying she WILL or SHOULD, just can.)

We should pray, pray, pray for the young folk, the young adults.

But part of it is to figure how to let go.

Blessings.

Our oldest will be 18 in October. I now believe we should collectively agree as a society to make the legal age of adulthood 28. Some would be able to test out of it and enter adulthood early, but most wouldn't pass that test. :)

My youngest son was born in 1990, he still seems like a little kid to me.

Yesterday I got a txt message from him that said he had rededicated his life to the Lord!
Last night he called and spoke to me about his Bible!

He has been in the Army a little over three years now, spent one of them in Iraq.
I think he is finally starting to grow up.

My youngest son was born in 1990, he still seems like a little kid to me.

Yesterday I got a txt message from him that said he had rededicated his life to the Lord!
Last night he called and spoke to me about his Bible!

He has been in the Army a little over three years now, spent one of them in Iraq.
I think he is finally starting to grow up.

s: Excellent! You know, there's nothing quite like the military to turn a boy into a man, or a girl into a woman. Great he is turning Godward.

this: don't remind me what's in store, Sir....

(But if the Lord is with us, that's the main thing.)

The funny thing is, our youth, decades back, seems so vivid in our memories. A few decades can be spanned so fast.
Hey, I'm going to live to be 90 or 100 anyway, and I look forward to every minute of it.

I have a cat born in '98.
:biggrin
He's still very active, healthy but he doesn't hunt much any more.

Let's see...
There are folks who never knew what it was like without the internet.
There are folks who may never know what it's like to play a vinyl record on a phonograph.
There are folks who may never actually use the key to unlock their car.
There are folks who may never go to a drive-in theater. Or order a burger where the "waitress" delivers your order to your car on skates. (curb service)
There are folks who may never say, "Check the oil please." while getting a fill-up and have the windshield cleaned.
There are folks who may never remember "dialing" a phone.
A phone booth? What's that? (Superman may know)
Elvis who?

I have a cat born in '98.
:biggrin
He's still very active, healthy but he doesn't hunt much any more.

Let's see...
There are folks who never knew what it was like without the internet.
There are folks who may never know what it's like to play a vinyl record on a phonograph.
There are folks who may never actually use the key to unlock their car.
There are folks who may never go to a drive-in theater. Or order a burger where the "waitress" delivers your order to your car on skates.
There are folks who may never say, "Check the oil please." while getting a fill-up and have the windshield cleaned.
There are folks who may never remember "dialing" a phone.
A phone booth? What's that? (Superman may know)
Elvis who?

P: Interesting, yes.

But the "waitress"? what else do they call them now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back