Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Advice Please

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

thecj08

hey guys, this is my first post and wanted to get some advice from some good people, and please state your own views, but refrain from preaching at me if you don't mind, i respond better to some down to earth refrences and wisdom(im sure some of you can relate)

My girlfriend of two years and I are commited to getting married and have sought council from God and mature people in ministry on this. I have no doubt she is the best for me and that she will be a great servant with me for God.

Its hard sometimes though, we are waiting till marriage and are both virgins.

If anyone can relate please share and any advice will be taken with humbleness.

thanks, God bless

Firstly welcome to the site. I know how tough waiting can be. My fiance, Caromurp and I, are about only one month away from our wedding day. My advice is to figure out what is keeping the big day so far away and move towards it. Paul himself taught that if a man burns he should marry. There is no such thing as an Ideal time. The best time to get married is when you and your sweetheart are ready to agree to live for God no matter what, and when you are able to provide enough to take care of you and her.

This isn't rushing into things as much as it is living on faith. God doesn't promise anyone financial or personal security, so perhaps it's wrong to wait until WE feel we are ready. Isn't God's time better anyway?

Well just make sure your ready for marriage. Oh and as far as sexual relations, you have waited as long as you have you might as well wait until your married.

thecj08 said:
hey guys, this is my first post and wanted to get some advice from some good people, and please state your own views, but refrain from preaching at me if you don't mind, i respond better to some down to earth refrences and wisdom(im sure some of you can relate)

My girlfriend of two years and I are commited to getting married and have sought council from God and mature people in ministry on this. I have no doubt she is the best for me and that she will be a great servant with me for God.

Its hard sometimes though, we are waiting till marriage and are both virgins.

If anyone can relate please share and any advice will be taken with humbleness.

thanks, God bless

this is my own experience.

I've always thought about doing it since my we have been a couple for 4 years already. I've talked to my partner about it. It was one of those awkward decisions that you had to do. So in the end, we did it. Personally, i was not prepared to do it. i was not emotionally all out to do it and I know he wasnt too.

After that, our relationship came to a bad end. I guess sex really messes things up if you are not prepared and if you don't feel right about it....most especially if it goes beyond the bonds of marriage.

It's up to you to interpret my story.

I really think you should wait. Don't worry the time will pass by before you know it and really pray to God about, I know how it is and it is hard, but believe me if you don't wait and obey God then it'll not only hurt God but hurt your relationship also, because Gods trusting you and he has given you a gift. Just keep waiting its well worth it. And just think when the night comes God will be happy with the choice you made and it will be very special to the both of you and you wont feel guilty and you wont wonder if you made the right choice, but just get to focus on the beautiful night God has given the both of you. And well in the waiting process get to know your mate even more discuss things you both would like for your future and if there is anything you feel that you should say before the big day say it but get Gods peace first:) and get yourself into aplace where God is all you can think about and these last days being single get yourself into alot of prayer for your future and read his word because once you two have both become one than you wont have as much time as you have as much time since before you got married.

Yep, wait till you get married, then explore the gift God has given to you. You both will feel a lot better for it, and its an amazing testimony that you can give to your children and your friends. Two virgins waiting till marriage, its a rare and beautiful thing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back