Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Age of Accountability

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Are there any verses in the NT which state that before a person reaches a certain age that they are not accountable for any sins they may have committed?

No there are no supporting scriptures, but only those scriptures that speak against it. Children are nothing more than young sinners. If they grow up to adulthood and never become Spiritually born again through belief and repentance they are as hell bound as if they died in childhood. No child comes into this world in an innocent state as shown below in scripture. I know it's a hard pill to swallow and that is why it's so important to talk to children about Jesus when they are young and teach them right from wrong when opportunity presents itself especially if their parents refuse to talk to them.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me

Psalms 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

Are there any verses in the NT which state that before a person reaches a certain age that they are not accountable for any sins they may have committed?
There are none in the New Testament that state it clearly and without ambiguity; but there are some in the Old Testament that allude to it; for example no one under the age of twenty was punished for Israel's failure to advance upon Canaan when God ordered it in the 14th chapter of Numbers.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue> </o:tongue>
One of the questions I've always had about human beings dying at an early age is where do they go to finish growing up? I mean babies and toddlers no doubt retain the mentality of babies and toddlers on the other side until they grow out of it. And then what? because the Lord said at John 3:3-8 nobody but nobody will enter the kingdom of God until such a time as they undergo a second birth.
<o:tongue> </o:tongue>
Cliff<o:tongue></o:tongue>
/

using the silence of the NT is a very dangerous approach to topics like this.

for starters, Paul says that all scriptures are God breathe and useful for teaching and rebuking. He was offering to the only Bible that was around at the time... And it wasn't the NT.

back to the argument... If you want to persist with your NT only argument, show me where musical instruments are authorised in the NT. The NT is silent in the matter.

however, to use the silence of the NT on that, or the age of accountability is to void what Paul clearly wrote. That is, all scriptures... And you should know the rest.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back