Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Al Qaeda may be responsible for Hurricane Katrina/Rita......

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Soma-Sight

I had heard this on conservative fundy AM talk radio and now I find that it can be validated in CNN....

Check it out.......

(if you dare)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/09/ ... i.message/

Al-Zarqawi: Katrina an answer to prayers

Al Qaeda leader says God granted wish of Iraqis, Afghans

Sunday, September 11, 2005; Posted: 9:50 p.m. EDT (01:50 GMT)

Manage Alerts | What Is This? (CNN) -- An Islamist Web site on Sunday posted a recording from al Qaeda's leader in Iraq saying Hurricane Katrina was an answer to the prayers of Iraqis and Afghans who have suffered under U.S. occupation.

The audio message thought to be from Abu Musab al-Zarqawi came on the fourth anniversary of al Qaeda's terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001.

The voice on the recording was verified to be al-Zarqawi by a CNN Arabic speaker familiar with many of his previous statements.

The United States and the Iraqi government call Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi the most wanted terrorist in the country. The United States has posted a $25 million reward for information leading to his capture.

In the recording, al-Zarqawi said, "I believe the devastating hurricane that hit the United States occurred because people in Iraq or Afghanistan -- maybe a mother who had lost her son or a son whose parents were killed or a woman who was raped -- were praying for God and God accepted their prayers."

The reference to Hurricane Katrina means the recording was made after August 29, when the powerful storm hit the U.S. Gulf Coast. (Special coverage)

Marking the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks Sunday, President Bush attended a ceremony on the south lawn of the White House, where he and other members of his administration observed a moment of silence.

In Louisiana, New York firefighters and police officers helping victims of Katrina held their own 9/11 services. (Full story)

Those observances came as the co-chairmen of the bipartisan 9/11 commission told CNN that the government's response to Katrina showed little was learned from the 2001 attacks about how to handle disasters.

Recent European intelligence reports reviewed by Time magazine suggested that al-Zarqawi's authority is expanding beyond Iraq and that he now rivals Osama bin Laden in influence among Middle Eastern and European jihadists. (Full story)

The last time bin Laden released a statement late last December in an audiotape on which he praised al-Zarqawi and designated him the al Qaeda leader in Iraq.

Al-Zarqawi's group, Al Qaeda in Iraq, has been behind many of that country's worst insurgent attacks, beheadings and kidnappings.

Laying out its ideology in a broad manifesto, the group last month said the insurgency is in better shape than the United States acknowledges and vowed to continue the insurgency and "destroy the American empire." (Full story)

The U.S. continued to battle the insurgency in Iraq Sunday, with a U.S. military spokesman saying an operation launched two weeks ago to drive insurgents from the northern city of Tal Afar has been "extremely successful." (Full story)

And Iraq's president told CNN his country would not suffer unduly if the United States were to reduce its spending there in order to direct more resources toward its own Gulf Coast.

Asked how long his nation will depend on U.S. assistance, Jalal Talabani predicted his country will "be able, within two years, to stand up and to depend on its own sources."

CNN's Caroline Faraj contributed to this report.

[/b]

What I find so sad is the bitterness and rage withint the muslim quarters. They have so much pent up hatred that it causes destruction.

Truly sad.

If they believe their prayers to be so powerful, why not pray for the people to see things their way instead of dying?

Sad, truly sad.

I like the way you put that Lyrics. I sincerely doubt Al Queda had anything to do with these Hurrincanes. James teaches that the prayer of a Righteouss man availeth much, not a mna who refuses to acknowledge the power of Christ. IMO

What I find so sad is the bitterness and rage within the muslim quarters. They have so much pent up hatred that it causes destruction.

Yes, you are right. As Christians I hope we learn that same lesson.

"Seek peace, and pursue it." Psalm 34:14 RSV

What I find so sad is the bitterness and rage within the muslim quarters. They have so much pent up hatred that it causes destruction.

Yes, you are right. As Christians I hope we learn that same lesson.

"Seek peace, and pursue it." Psalm 34:14 RSV

What I find so sad is the bitterness and rage withint the muslim quarters. They have so much pent up hatred that it causes destruction.

Truly sad.

If they believe their prayers to be so powerful, why not pray for the people to see things their way instead of dying?

Sad, truly sad.

Hmmmmm......

I think Muslims may be angry because.....

We steal their oil.....

Enforce our way of government on them....

Claim they are hellbound....

Bomb their cities......

Kill their men, women and children.....

But then again I may be wrong about that.

Soma-Sight said:

Truly sad.

Sad, truly sad.

Hmmmmm......

We steal their oil.....

Bomb their cities......

you beat me too it man.

Honestly thoguh, you cant say that either religion really seems to be in fvor of god right now. If god liked christianity, do you think he would have wiped out part of the south?

but then again, god must not really like the middle east, because he jsut keeps plaguing them with war.

But then again, god must hate africa too.

I think I should move down under, or to iceland or somethin. lol

Soma-Sight said:

Truly sad.

Sad, truly sad.

Hmmmmm......

We steal their oil.....

Bomb their cities......

I believe Muslims hate the Judeo-Christian God because their god is satan.

They know nothing besides hate.

I agree with you Nicoloj,

Their god is satan and they have always hated Christians and Jews and the God they worship.

Ever notice that every evil in the world is placed on the shoulders of the United States by liberals?

Yet the Muslims can have their own children blow themselves up to kill non combatants in suicide bombings... but they have "their reasons" according to the wigged out logic of some...

Go figure!

if america was actualy invaded by these "satanic muslim coutnries" do you not think there would be christians, strapping bombs to their kids and sending them into groups of civilians and blowing them up?>

there sure as heck would be..

peace4all said:
if america was actualy invaded by these "satanic muslim coutnries" do you not think there would be christians, strapping bombs to their kids and sending them into groups of civilians and blowing them up?>

there sure as heck would be..

You are unbelievable.

No there wouldn't...

BB,

You are right about one thing,

Strapping bombs to your kids is SICK business!

I just dont get that one, or how it is justified....

Sure is not Christlike!

Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the SAME GOD.

The reason there is much strife between the groups is because of their own arrogance. God uses thethree groups to bring about His own will.

I believe Muslims hate the Judeo-Christian God because their god is satan.

In Mecca every day the Muslims go on a Holy Pilgrimage just TO STONE SATAN! THEY HATE SATAN! He is not thier god!

207324.jpg

In the Koran Jesus is held in very high esteem. It talks about Jesus and Mary. When we point the finer at the Muslims for hatred ect. there are three fingers pointing back at us. We can't control the hatred and prejudice in Christianity so how can we expect them to control their extremist. Maybe that is why we have chosen to bomb the Hell out of them? Is that the Christian thing to do?

Soma,

The Jesus of Islam is not the Jesus of the bible.

And do you think the entire military of America is Christian?

There were a lot of non-believers that were blown up by the fanatics of Islam in 9-11. Not to mention Jews and other religions.

I think your point lacks any merit whatsoever.

I think 9/11 was terrible, but there is a reason for this terrible act. This act and Katrina are showing us as a nation things we need to correct. What we need to do to make us more Christian instead of ignoring our poor and killing citizens of other countries so they hate us, we might do things differently. Might doesn't make it right. As a nation to lie, kill for no reason, cheat others and not take care of our own citizens is a crime. These things we have the power to correct to make them right in the eyes of God. We should lead by example, show the Christian way. Our president saying he is a good Christian and then lieing to us, cheating us out of government services, not protecting our soldiers, cutting their benefits just to reward Halliiburden and his oil buddies by killing citizens from other countries is not a Christian example, but a bad example.

Please refrain from using God in the Anit-Christian propaganda. In reality he is not the divine hitman against Christianity. For that would mean he would be against his own son. Think about it.

This article and the content thereof, has nothing to do with God. It's purely man's agenda. Whether it's the Anglo-Saxon media machine after more money at the cost of inciting Muslim hatred, or the Al Queda fundamentalist regeime out to peg brownie points on what their God can do for their cause - it's still got nothing to do with God.

Just because mankind likes to think they know what God is up to, doesn't really mean that they do. :wink:

I really hope no one took this thread too seriously....

If that were true it means our war in Iraq is unjustified and that is not something you would want to tell Rush Limbau.....

today.parcol11.0007.ImageFile.jpg

So you're acknowledging that Allah may indeed have supernatural influence. Interesting.

Back