Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Alcohol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Something that i would think comes in to play now, that was not for thousands of years ago... we can keep juices nice fresh we do not need to use fermentation as a preservative

AIR i would not put my self in that kind of position .... Your post almost reads like you have purposefully place yourself in harms way... You are young in body and young in the Lord ... .Please dont do this to your self..:nono . Sorry but some times the mom side of me is just there :)

AIR i would not put my self in that kind of position .... Your post almost reads like you have purposefully place yourself in harms way... You are young in body and young in the Lord ... .Please dont do this to your self..:nono . Sorry but some times the mom side of me is just there :)

I think I might drink once a while one. I know it won't be a problem to me because I haven't been drunk for a year and I have drank once a while maybe once or two. I don't know, I never go anywhere everyone says i'm boring.

I think I might drink once a while one. I know it won't be a problem to me because I haven't been drunk for a year and I have drank once a while maybe once or two. I don't know, I never go anywhere everyone says i'm boring.

Really I wouldn't let supposed boredom be the cause of you getting into alcohol. Remember: Paul says: 'this is the will of God, even your sanctification' (1 Thessalonians 4.3). If we are pursuing sanctification in the fear of the Lord, the vaccuum of boredom shouldn't impell us to do things which might in hindsight not be profitable; I look at my own heart, too.

Blessings.

My friends are heavy drinkers as I used to be years ago too. I have been VERY stressed
Air, I wasnt going to comment on this thread but I feel like I need to give you my opinion. Do with it as you see fit. I'm not sure what you consider a "heavy drinker". Those who know me well on this forum know that I am an addict/alcoholic who, through the grace of our Lord Jesus, has been clean and sober for 20 years now. I am at a point in my life now that I can be around those who are partaking of whatever and not be tempted. Our Lord will help you with temptation but, I have to agree with Mother Reba, there is also no sense putting yourself in a position like that. Our Lord has plans for your life, and heavy drinking and running around with those who do, are not in them.

Im praying for you, God bless, Westtexas

Air, I wasnt going to comment on this thread but I feel like I need to give you my opinion. Do with it as you see fit. I'm not sure what you consider a "heavy drinker". Those who know me well on this forum know that I am an addict/alcoholic who, through the grace of our Lord Jesus, has been clean and sober for 20 years now. I am at a point in my life now that I can be around those who are partaking of whatever and not be tempted. Our Lord will help you with temptation but, I have to agree with Mother Reba, there is also no sense putting yourself in a position like that. Our Lord has plans for your life, and heavy drinking and running around with those who do, are not in them.

Im praying for you, God bless, Westtexas
I mean that I used to be a person who drank a lot, got wasted almost every weekend. A year ago I drank alcohol with my friend i got pretty drunk and next day i decided to dedicate in Christ and it have been now a year since i was drunk last time. It wasnt really a problem because it was my decision. However i love the taste of the beer and drink it with people but not more than one or two. Soon it was my time to start my military service and usually when i had weekend off i gone to nearest shop and bought something to eat and one beer. It tasted good when i was weekend off.

It is no problem for me to stay in one or two, because i dont want to be that person i used to be. I was thinking of drinking a few in the cruise with friends. I know that theyre going to drink a lot but indont even want to. I want to drink a few while chatting with them.

next day i decided to dedicate in Christ

because i dont want to be that person i used to be.
These 2 sentences were not together in your post but I'd like ya to read em together Brother. You are NOT the same person you used to be (2 Cor. 5:17) after you accepted our Lord.
God bless

Anyways, im going to that cruise tomorrow and i will do whatever is the right thing :) And i know that Lord will be there for me and He will show me the way, im taking my pocket size Bible with me. I might drink a few ONLY if Lord approves that, and I will follow Him. :halo I need everyone here to pray for me that Lord is there for me and with my friends. And please, let those choices i am going to make be part of Lord Jesus Christ plans for me. i love you Jesus, I will follow you. :amen

We know that grapes have certain health benefits, whether in grape juice or wine, so a benefit must be shown to belong to the alcohol itself, apart from the grape.
I don't know, maybe you're right but your reasoning seems off to me. It seems you are trying to say that we need to be able to understand why God said something in His inspired word in order to accept it for what it says. To me the verse seems pretty straight forward. It's not a parable, or a poem, or hyperbole. It's just a plain and simple instruction that for whatever His reasons, He included in his word. I may not have a scientific explanation for why He said this, but that doesn't change it. There is no question that in the original Greek language he is referring to alcoholic wine, not grape juice or just grapes. If total abstinence from alcohol was God's will, why wouldn't Paul have simply told Timothy to eat grapes or drink grape juice?

I don't know, maybe you're right but your reasoning seems off to me. It seems you are trying to say that we need to be able to understand why God said something in His inspired word in order to accept it for what it says. To me the verse seems pretty straight forward. It's not a parable, or a poem, or hyperbole. It's just a plain and simple instruction that for whatever His reasons, He included in his word. I may not have a scientific explanation for why He said this, but that doesn't change it. There is no question that in the original Greek language he is referring to alcoholic wine, not grape juice or just grapes. If total abstinence from alcohol was God's will, why wouldn't Paul have simply told Timothy to eat grapes or drink grape juice?
I think he may have been referring to my posts about studies on moderate consumption of wine to be beneficial to health. In which case he made a fair point.

I grew up going to churches that totally condemn even the slightest consumption of alcohol and believe that Jesus turned water into grape juice instead of wine. Though I don't know of any scriptures that necessarily condemn drinking alcohol in moderation, I do know that it is clear about drunkenness and I do believe that we as Christians should never be controlled by alcohol. I also believe that if our drinking does cause us to sin, then we should refrain from drinking for the sake of getting away from whatever sin it is causing us to stumble with. It is very easy to fall into sin and do things we should not do when drunk and would normally not do when sober. As for me, I enjoy a beer or two now and then. I have a mini fridge full of Labatt Blue and Yuengling Lager, but I don't like to be controlled by my alcohol. And like anything else that upsets or stresses us out, we need to seek out God and his word to cope with the situation rather than alcohol or anything of this world. Only God can truly satisfy us and help us through anything in life. Nothing in a bottle, can or a glass has that ability.

we need to seek out God and his word to cope with the situation rather than alcohol or anything of this world. Only God can truly satisfy us and help us through anything in life. Nothing in a bottle, can or a glass has that ability.
Including Miller High Life? You mean to tell me Miller’s been producing false advertising all these years? A can of Miller (at least a really, really cold one) cannot bring about a High Life. Astonishing:lol

And Whassup with those three frogs named "Bud", "Weis", and "Er". Where’d they go? Served on a “seafood” buffet somewhere, I suppose. Although I’ve never seen a sea-frog but I see frog legs served on a seafood buffet all the time.

Including Miller High Life? You mean to tell me Miller’s been producing false advertising all these years? A can of Miller (at least a really, really cold one) cannot bring about a High Life. Astonishing:lol

'Cmom! Don't ya know that for a great taste that won't fill you up and never let you down, ya gotta make it a Bud Light??? :tongue

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back