Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

aliens...O_o

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am a believer in aliens...i have personally seen what i believe to be ufos n no not on t.v. but in real life...what do u think!? N do u believe in aliens? Do u think the Bible talks about them? There are a few passages ive read where ive thought yes but not sure! So please weig:stinkeyeh in :headbomb:headbomb

I am a believer in aliens...i have personally seen what i believe to be ufos n no not on t.v. but in real life...what do u think!? N do u believe in aliens? Do u think the Bible talks about them? There are a few passages ive read where ive thought yes but not sure! So please weig:stinkeyeh in :headbomb:headbomb
[MENTION=96649]KayGraham1611[/MENTION]:

Interesting that you refer to some Bible passages. Do you have some specific ones in mind?

We read for example that Satan can be 'transformed into an angel of light' (2 Corinthians 11.14).

But for the believer, s/he can trust fully that 'greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world' (1 John 4.4).

Blessings.

Yes I believe in them. I'll tell you what I think they are, but I'm not going to debate anyone since this forum frowns on serpent seed type doctrines. So, I'm just telling, that's all, and I'll leave it at that.

I believe it comes from the Genesis 6 incident where fallen angels mated with human women. This was the whole point in the flood to begin with. The hybrids were called Nephilim. It could be these spirits are what we call demons, and are responsible for a whole phenomenon of creatures such as giants in mythology, strange creatures (e.g. hybrid animals), ghosts, poltergeists, and aliens. Do you ever notice that aliens seem to be obsessed according to reports in doing "reproductive experiments?" Now compare to Genesis 6 and mythology where gods come down to women and take them as wives. Also compare that to incubus and succubus legends. I think if anyone's brutally honest, nobody believes someone just went to bed one night and dreamed this all up. Something had to give us these ideas.

The thought crossed my mind that some of these hybrids, the corporeal forms, moved away off the earth and live elsewhere, e.g. Zeta Reticuli until the time of the end "as in the days of Noah". If that's the case, then some of these big-eyed aliens according to my theory are very much human actually, or I should say, a human hybrid.

Now that you see this ol' man is totally nuts :toofunny it gives you food for thought that Genesis 6 IMO is the key to answering your question. There's no shortage of web sites that talk about these things.

Yes I believe in them. I'll tell you what I think they are, but I'm not going to debate anyone since this forum frowns on serpent seed type doctrines. So, I'm just telling, that's all, and I'll leave it at that.

I believe it comes from the Genesis 6 incident where fallen angels mated with human women. This was the whole point in the flood to begin with. The hybrids were called Nephilim. It could be these spirits are what we call demons, and are responsible for a whole phenomenon of creatures such as giants in mythology, strange creatures (e.g. hybrid animals), ghosts, poltergeists, and aliens. Do you ever notice that aliens seem to be obsessed according to reports in doing "reproductive experiments?" Now compare to Genesis 6 and mythology where gods come down to women and take them as wives. Also compare that to incubus and succubus legends. I think if anyone's brutally honest, nobody believes someone just went to bed one night and dreamed this all up. Something had to give us these ideas.

The thought crossed my mind that some of these hybrids, the corporeal forms, moved away off the earth and live elsewhere, e.g. Zeta Reticuli until the time of the end "as in the days of Noah". If that's the case, then some of these big-eyed aliens according to my theory are very much human actually, or I should say, a human hybrid.

Now that you see this ol' man is totally nuts :toofunny it gives you food for thought that
Genesis 6 IMO is the key to answering your question. There's no shortage of web sites that talk about these things.

Totally not gna argue with you. I have read alot about the nephilim n I believe in the nephilim n completely agree with what you said. Ive thought alot about that myself about them being fallen angels or moved to a different planet because of what they were idk ive gt alot of theories lol. [MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] im talking ab in genisis where It says he created the heavens and the earth n all that dwell in them and in ezekiel 1:4 it talks about a burning chariot...ill have to look up the rest but there are quite a few

Yes, well there are sometimes various unanswered questions from the Bible and in the world as to who some people and beings really were and what their significance really is.

In terms of the main message of the God's Word, it's the promised Savior and His redeeming love for sinnners which He showed by dying at the Cross for them so that they can put their trust in Him, that's the main message of the Bible (2 Corinthians 1.20). Knowing Him is what counts! :)

Blessings.

When it comes to God and how He built the Universe it is most certainly possible that he put life on other planets, but we will never know for sure until the end comes and we are afforded the opportunity to ask Him about it. That is of course assuming that we will even care at that point. Of course if you ascribe to the theory of evolution there is certainly the possibility that live developed on other planets that way as well, which is where many people get the basis for the aliens portrayed in movies, tv shows, and books. There also, is certainly some compelling evidence that indicates we are not alone in this universe (i.e., ufo's, crop circles, etc...) but I guess until we actually see some face to face we will really not know.

When it comes to God and how He built the Universe it is most certainly possible that he put life on other planets, but we will never know for sure until the end comes and we are afforded the opportunity to ask Him about it. That is of course assuming that we will even care at that point. Of course if you ascribe to the theory of evolution there is certainly the possibility that live developed on other planets that way as well, which is where many people get the basis for the aliens portrayed in movies, tv shows, and books. There also, is certainly some compelling evidence that indicates we are not alone in this universe (i.e., ufo's, crop circles, etc...) but I guess until we actually see some face to face we will really not know.

I gues that's my biggest thing is ive never seen a alien so i guess i will have to wait lol n no i dont believe in evolution but i think its possible God created other beings beside ourselves :)

I believe in the goa,uld. no jk. I am Not a believer in aliens. the laws of physics makes it highly unlikely that quick and easy interplanatery travel is possible

Lol @ the star trek comment....but i dont think that highly developed machines that could travel like that are impossible but like everyone else has said i guess we'll see

uh now, I was actually referencing stargate.the gates and also ships of the ancients traveled way faster then any ship in Starfleet.

I believe aliens are possible. God created all beings in the heavens (a very important point) and the earth. There could definitely be life elsewhere. Furthermore, as big as the universe is, it seems like a mathematical impossibility that we are the only life. Granted I'm not an expert, but that's my opinion.

the laws of physics makes it highly unlikely that quick and easy interplanatery travel is possible

I apologize for my memory being a bit hazy on this. My wife's grandfather once gave me a book called Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation. At one point the movement of monolithic stones is discussed, particularly on a large hill or mountainside which seems to have been built for rather large people. No one knows how the stones got there (which is often the case with ancient structures). However, an ancient account exists depicting a large number of people in a semi-circle around one of these great stones, each of them holding a trumpet of some sort. They all blew their trumpets, and the stone lifted up to where it needed to be.

When I first heard that, I thought it was a crock. However, (granted right now it's on a small scale) NASA has successfully levitated objects using only sound waves. I believe it's called Acoustic Levitatioin. Therefore, it is definitely possible. Who knows what sort of technology we have lost track of over the years.

My point being, if moving monolithic stones using sound waves is possible, then how can we say for certain that long-distance (or even space) travel wouldn't be possible by something equally "simple"?

the air force already uses that technology. its too slow and easily shot down. it can NOT be used to travel outside the atmosphere. sound must have a pressurized system to work.you are talking about the Moabite stones and people. these are mysterious but don't have to imply aliens. remember man isn't as primitive as we think we were in the past.

All very interesting.

Not sure what it proves, one way or another, but interesting, anyway.

(Jimmy Carter claims to have seen a UFO.)

remember man isn't as primitive as we think we were in the past.

You'll find no argument for me on that one.

I didn't mean that sound itself could be used for space travel, but perhaps some similar eccentricity of physics that ancient man was aware of that we have somehow lost.

But this topic is definitely one on my list to ask about when I get to Heaven.

you are talking about the Moabite stones and people

Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to remember what that discussion was about!

Also id like to point out that just bc we cant get our technology to do things we want or what we want it to do right now doesn't mean that some other beings havnt already figured it out n arent more technologically more advanced than us...just sayin :biggrin

Lol @ the star trek comment....but i dont think that highly developed machines that could travel like that are impossible but like everyone else has said i guess we'll see

Of course there's the Next Generation now of Star Trek.

Amazing to think that Uhura, Nichelle Nichols, from the first series, with her standard 1960s attire, is now aged 80...

Blessings.

Amazing to think that Uhura, Nichelle Nichols, from the first series, with her standard 1960s attire, is now aged 80...

I'm not sure she has any idea who you're talking about. :shame

I've tried several times before to get her to watch The Next Generation with me.

She took a nap. Every time. :biggrinunno

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] i know....i used to watch star trek with my dad alot n its weird seeing how old all of them hav gotten lol

[MENTION=69295]matthew[/MENTION]G because its not fun anymore my dad killed the show for i tried atleast disgruntled yes bt i did try lolme lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back