Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

aliens...O_o

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION], I didn't think you were a star wars fan.

J: I think I prefer Star Trek...

Kind of amazes me for example that young Uhuru (Nichelle Nichols), in her 1960s fashionable garb, is now aged 80...

Blessings.

@ farouk, I have never found nichelle Nichols attractive, yeoman rand and majel barett(nurse chapel), yes. but not uhura.majel barett is also Roddenberry's widow and also was in the pilot episode of st:tos as the first officer.

@ farouk, I have never found nichelle Nichols attractive, yeoman rand and majel barett(nurse chapel), yes. but not uhura.majel barett is also Roddenberry's widow and also was in the pilot episode of st:tos as the first officer.

J: Oh I wasn't getting into a pecking order of attractiveness!

Just referring to Uhuru, and the way she dressed in the 1960s, supposedly 'modern' but actually she seems a venerable dame now.

Blessings.

well, remember that when trek came out,@ farouk,that it was rather sexist with those female uniforms and the modern trek uniforms didn't have the ladies wear them save the first scene with marina sirtis as troi.

well, remember that when trek came out,@ farouk,that it was rather sexist with those female uniforms and the modern trek uniforms didn't have the ladies wear them save the first scene with marina sirtis as troi.

j: What you mean having the women wear pants?

Blessings.

no the women were skirts and well were well very attractive when they did. that well in my modern army is a No-No. we do have skirts for women but those are phased out.a female security office like Tasha Yar wouldn't be practical in a fight with some romulan nor klingon

no the women were skirts and well were well very attractive when they did. that well in my modern army is a No-No. we do have skirts for women but those are phased out.a female security office like Tasha Yar wouldn't be practical in a fight with some romulan nor klingon

j: But anyway, Uluru and others on the earlier editions of Star Trek didn't look particularly different from many of their contemporaries in the 1960s.

(So you say that skirts are hardly worn in the military any more, except for ceremonial occasions and similar?)

Blessings.

A few months ago I found a video I had taken but forgot about. In the video, you can't see very well at all, but we're standing there talking about a strange light floating above the tops of the pine trees. It was really strange, moving in one area. Not like a helicopter or airplane or anything. We were wondering if it was swamp gas or something.
I don't remember what folder the video was in. It might be on my computer that currently won't boot.

j: But anyway, Uluru and others on the earlier editions of Star Trek didn't look particularly different from many of their contemporaries in the 1960s.

(So you say that skirts are hardly worn in the military any more, except for ceremonial occasions and similar?)

Blessings.
in the army the skirt is done away with. I cant imagine a female security officer LIKE Lt.cdr Tasha Yar wearing a skirt and get into a scrap with a romulan and being of use. that is why I call it sexist and Roddenberry said that it was the way it was then and st:tng save the pilot episode wouldn't do it again. he was right they didn't!

My husband and I have watched some chuck missler. I actually sawhorse on here first, maybe it was the post Edward was speaking of.

I found it very informative as I already believed the retired astronauts and such who have come forward to tell their stories.

It has also been useful in talking to certain people who say they believe aliens exist and therefor haven't even given Christianity a second glance because it is generally denied and/or not spoken of in the church.

[MENTION=93407]Kaileymarie[/MENTION]:

So do skirts in old Star Trek episodes bother you as a woman?

(As per discussion above.)

Blessings.

Blessings.
in the army the skirt is done away with. I cant imagine a female security officer LIKE Lt.cdr Tasha Yar wearing a skirt and get into a scrap with a romulan and being of use. that is why I call it sexist and Roddenberry said that it was the way it was then and st:tng save the pilot episode wouldn't do it again. he was right they didn't!

jasoncran: so they don't even use skirts in the military any more for ceremonial dress parade, etc? I didn't know that.

Blessings.

Farouk, I have never seen Star Trek, but skirts in the military don't bother me. Obviously they wouldn't be good for combat but if she wants to for ceremonies and such.. Sure, why not?

Farouk, I have never seen Star Trek, but skirts in the military don't bother me. Obviously they wouldn't be good for combat but if she wants to for ceremonies and such.. Sure, why not?

Kaileymarie:

I think the subject arose anyway because in the original Star Trek episodes characters such as Uhuru and others wore widely worn 60s skirts, but in recent editions the actresses wear pants, anyhow.

Blessings.

Back