Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Joshua

Do Dogs Have Souls? Catholics vs. Presbyterians

Way too funny. The Catholic church seems to be having more fun with it though.

[attachment=0:3q1qmhru]AllDogsGoToHeaven.JPG[/attachment:3q1qmhru]

I doubt that these signs were seriously written for extended periods of time in answer to each other to create a controversy. Most likely two sets of people were changing signs at the same time and taking pictures of them.

Nonetheless...very funny! :-D

I got that in an email a while back and it said the churches where close to each other, on the same street. It is hilarious.

Joshua said:

[attachment=0:fyxr7607]AllDogsGoToHeaven.JPG[/attachment:fyxr7607]

Hilarious....

Joshua said:

Funny. :tongue

But I do have a question. Where does the Bible say that only humans will go to heaven???

Not to say dogs will go to heaven, but the point was made that ONLY humans will go to heaven, according to the Bible. Does anyone know of such a verse?

I think one could use Scripture verses to show that all of God's creation will be united with Him after death is defeated and all things will be in God...

Dogs don't have souls, but who knows what will happen in heaven?

Regards

francisdesales said:
Funny. :tongue

But I do have a question. Where does the Bible say that only humans will go to heaven???

Not to say dogs will go to heaven, but the point was made that ONLY humans will go to heaven, according to the Bible. Does anyone know of such a verse?

Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his waist, and faithfulness the girdle of his loins. 6 And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea. 10 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the root of Jesse, that standeth for an ensign of the peoples, unto him shall the nations seek; and his resting-place shall be glorious.

I think one could use Scripture verses to show that all of God's creation will be united with Him after death is defeated and all things will be in God...

Death has already been defeated.

1Cr 15:54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Isa 25:8 He hath swallowed up death for ever; and the Lord Jehovah will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the reproach of his people will he take away from off all the earth: for Jehovah hath spoken it.

Dogs don't have souls, but who knows what will happen in heaven?

Dogs are living souls while they are alive. Yet I too believe they will be resurrected one day.

i can say with 100% certainty that these signs are fake. they are from a website entitled
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/

plus, getting the exact same lighting, location, and angle each time the sign was changed would be near impossible. there should be at least slight changes in the backgrounds if there was any lapse of time between shots.

whoever came up with the idea is genius, but the story of 2 churches going at it via their signs is fabricated.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back