Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Allah Is A False God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
TanNinety said:
But most people believe in Christ but not what He said.
You mean like, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" John 14:6

thessalonian said:
Not all Moslems blow up buildings.

Drew,

Thank you for your objectivity. It is no shame to acknowledge where we agree. 8-)

Another interesting example in scripture is Cyrus. Note what the scriptures say:

[1] Thus says the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have grasped,
to subdue nations before him
and ungird the loins of kings,
to open doors before him
that gates may not be closed:
[5] I am the LORD, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I gird you, though you do not know me,

Not also the Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus doesn't say to you, your God is totally false, though as I explained earlier the Samaritans were a form of semi-paganism, believing in the God of the Jews as one of many gods.

John 4
[21] Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
[22] You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

He didn't flat out say, your God is a false God. He said you worship God though you do not really know him.

Isaiah 45
1 "This is what the LORD says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:

2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains [a] ;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.

3 I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.

5 I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,

6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.

7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things.

8 "You heavens above, rain down righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation spring up,
let righteousness grow with it;
I, the LORD, have created it.

9 "Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker,
to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
'What are you making?'
Does your work say,
'He has no hands'?

10 Woe to him who says to his father,
'What have you begotten?'
or to his mother,
'What have you brought to birth?'

11 "This is what the LORD saysâ€â€
the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,
do you question me about my children,
or give me orders about the work of my hands?

12 It is I who made the earth
and created mankind upon it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.

13 I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness:
I will make all his ways straight.
He will rebuild my city
and set my exiles free,
but not for a price or reward,
says the LORD Almighty."

14 This is what the LORD says:
"The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush, [c]
and those tall Sabeansâ€â€
they will come over to you
and will be yours;
they will trudge behind you,
coming over to you in chains.
They will bow down before you
and plead with you, saying,
'Surely God is with you, and there is no other;
there is no other god.' "

15 Truly you are a God who hides himself,
O God and Savior of Israel.

16 All the makers of idols will be put to shame and disgraced;
they will go off into disgrace together.

17 But Israel will be saved by the LORD
with an everlasting salvation;
you will never be put to shame or disgraced,
to ages everlasting.

18 For this is what the LORD saysâ€â€
he who created the heavens,
he is God;
he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabitedâ€â€
he says:
"I am the LORD,
and there is no other.

19 I have not spoken in secret,
from somewhere in a land of darkness;
I have not said to Jacob's descendants,
'Seek me in vain.'
I, the LORD, speak the truth;
I declare what is right.

20 "Gather together and come;
assemble, you fugitives from the nations.
Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood,
who pray to gods that cannot save.

21 Declare what is to be, present itâ€â€
let them take counsel together.
Who foretold this long ago,
who declared it from the distant past?
Was it not I, the LORD ?
And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.

22 "Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.

23 By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.

24 They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone
are righteousness and strength.' "
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame.

25 But in the LORD all the descendants of Israel
will be found righteous and will exult.

This is about YESHUA which Israel doesn't acknowledged now but rest assure that they will one fine day and yes YESHUA will tell you that the GOD your worshipping is a false GOD how else will you get to know the only true GOD?
Shalom and love b'Shem YESHUA

Newkid00 said:
Joudie even though we're different religions, I kind of agree with you. There are a lot of rude hypocrites here. Solo sayings it's a book of lies. Does he know?. Of course he doesn't know, no one knows which religion is the true religion. It saddens me people here do this. And they call themselves Christians, I don't think Jesus wanted us to fight. I want peace in this world.
Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but a sword. If you think that Christ would be okay with us watering down His message in the name of peace, you are wrong. The truth of God brings division between those being saved and those perishing. Darkness hates the light of truth and will always will fight against it, to it's own peril.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading a couple of things and found out that in the Arabic Bible it says Allah. Also the christian Arabs say son of Allah. Obviously the words son of are said in Arabic. Also the word Muslim is found in the Hebrew Bible.

Us Born-again Chrsitians will always be called arrogant as we say we have the Truth. Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, as Solo wrote in his post. If you come onto a Christian site expect to be burnt, because the Cross is an offence to those who do not have Christ as their Savior. The remainedr are going to hell unless we get the message of Life to them. Not my words, but God's Words.

Jeff Mills said:
Us Born-again Chrsitians will always be called arrogant as we say we have the Truth. Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, as Solo wrote in his post. If you come onto a Christian site expect to be burnt, because the Cross is an offence to those who do not have Christ as their Savior. The remainedr are going to hell unless we get the message of Life to them. Not my words, but God's Words.

While I agree that the Cross can and might be offensive, that does not mean we as followers of the Cross are to be offenseive.

What I have always found puzzeling Jeff, is those that support 'war' and in particular this war - especially the self-proclaimed "Born Again" - how many Iraqi's (tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands) have been 'bombed to hell' because of the actions of the United States.

Yes, God wants us to bring a ministry of reconcilliation, not bombs of revenge.

Just think of all the Muslims that do not have an opportunity to hear the message of Christ because we are too busy bombing them. Think how mission work to the Arab countries are going to suffer because of the actions of the West.

aLoneVoice said:
While I agree that the Cross can and might be offensive, that does not mean we as followers of the Cross are to be offenseive.

What I have always found puzzeling Jeff, is those that support 'war' and in particular this war - especially the self-proclaimed "Born Again" - how many Iraqi's (tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands) have been 'bombed to hell' because of the actions of the United States.

Yes, God wants us to bring a ministry of reconcilliation, not bombs of revenge.

Just think of all the Muslims that do not have an opportunity to hear the message of Christ because we are too busy bombing them. Think how mission work to the Arab countries are going to suffer because of the actions of the West.

Sorry, but I do not think you see the whole picture. You are typing your messages today because of the bravery of soldiers who have given their lives to allow you to live in comfort. The bombing of the two towers just goes to show you who does these grisly terrorists tasks. By the way I am a Brit and it is not just the USA doing all the bombings, their are other countries there as well. You wouls soon eneough cry help if they started bombing in the USA. Many cells have been broken up by the CIA and MI5 before they could do any damage. Sadly, we live in a world of sinners and therefore need armies to protect our countries. No one likes to speak about the thousands of his own people they Saddam Hussein had murdered. No one likes to speak about the children that were brutally raped and murdered in front oh him. Could you go in living knowing that was going on each day? I know people say it is all about oil. I think that is just part of it. You have your heating at a low price because of this war. We are not being offensive, but defensive. By the way I was a soldier for 23 years in the British Army.

Of course, I would like to see us all living in peace, but that cannot happen until Jesus returns. Pray for your country, pray for your Government that God will put Godly people in power. Blessings

Jeff - perhaps this would be better discussed in another forum - however, you did not address any issue that I raised in my post.

I realy on God for my protection not the military or weapons made by man.

And yes - I will grant you that the military has made life more convenient - for some - depending on which side of the miltiary you are on.

Look at the 500,000 Iraqis that were killed while the US and UK imposed sanctions on Iraq - depriving basic medical and food supplies.

Look at the US invasion of Panema when our military invaded neighborhoods.

Let us not forget that SH, Noregia, Pol Pot, and others were on the payroll of the CIA and US Military.

Let us not forget that the US operates a 'training school' for Latin American terrorists and thugs - a majority of human right violators in Latin America have graduated from that 'school'.

Lastly - I have asked before, but have not received a response of Scripture that supports the claim of military service or military dependence.

I am not Jeff, but I am going to answer from my perspective if you do not mind.

aLoneVoice said:
Jeff - perhaps this would be better discussed in another forum - however, you did not address any issue that I raised in my post.

I realy on God for my protection not the military or weapons made by man.
God protects us through earthly means. You can go back throughout the Scriptures and see how God protects his children. David killed Goliath, Samson killed the top dog Philistines, God killed the Egyptians to save Moses and the Israelites, God established the civil governments of the world to protect his children as well. Without the strength of the military presence of the United States an anti-christ will rule the world; and he will until when God allows it to happen. Until then pray to God giving him thanks that you live in a land where those freedoms are protected.

aLoneVoice said:
And yes - I will grant you that the military has made life more convenient - for some - depending on which side of the miltiary you are on.

Look at the 500,000 Iraqis that were killed while the US and UK imposed sanctions on Iraq - depriving basic medical and food supplies.

Look at the US invasion of Panema when our military invaded neighborhoods.

Let us not forget that SH, Noregia, Pol Pot, and others were on the payroll of the CIA and US Military.

Let us not forget that the US operates a 'training school' for Latin American terrorists and thugs - a majority of human right violators in Latin America have graduated from that 'school'.

Lastly - I have asked before, but have not received a response of Scripture that supports the claim of military service or military dependence.
God allows all things and if you do not like the Government that he set up to protect you then take it up with him. Until then, quit disobeying God and give thanks praying for your government.

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2 Peter 2:9-11

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. Jude 1:8-13

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:16

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

I am not Jeff, but I am going to answer from my perspective if you do not mind.

God protects us through earthly means. You can go back throughout the Scriptures and see how God protects his children. David killed Goliath, Samson killed the top dog Philistines, God killed the Egyptians to save Moses and the Israelites, God established the civil governments of the world to protect his children as well. Without the strength of the military presence of the United States an anti-christ will rule the world; and he will until when God allows it to happen. Until then pray to God giving him thanks that you live in a land where those freedoms are protected.

I would make a subtle change: I would say that God can use earthly means to protect us, however, the difference between now and what you listed is that God commanded David, Samson, Moses, etc. Sorry, I do not believe that Bush listens to God or that God is audibly talking to Bush.

You also say that "without the strength of the military presence of the US an anti-christ will rule the world." really? Where is this found in Scripture? The restrainer is hardly the US military.

And yes, I do thank God that I have a wonderful opportunity and blessing in the US - as such I have a grave responsiblity to help those that are not in this situation or comfort. I rejoice knowing that I have a responsiblity to those less fortunate.

God allows all things and if you do not like the Government that he set up to protect you then take it up with him. Until then, quit disobeying God and give thanks praying for your government.

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2 Peter 2:9-11

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. Jude 1:8-13

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:16

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

Question - did you complain under the Clinton presidenct? Or did you accept Clinton's actions as it seems you are telling me to accept the actions of this presidenct?

Lastly - my obedience to God and what the Scriptures command me to do is to pray for world leaders, and the governmnet - not support them or work for them - but rather be a witness too them.

Don't talk bad about your government and you will be in line with the will of God. Speak evil of your government and you will be in line with the enemy of God.

Evil comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors; most of the time it is subtle and engulfs one before they know it.

A diverse group of theologians, pastors and professors gathered at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary Feb. 6 to tackle one question:

Should the United States be involved in military action overseas against terrorism?

The 80-minute panel discussion debate found former Southern ethics professor Henlee Barnette siding with seminary President R. Albert Mohler Jr. and two other panelists in support of the U.S. military operation. Joe Phelps, pastor of Highland Baptist Church in Louisville, stood alone in opposition to military action.

The event, titled "Onward Christian Soldiers? Christian Witness in a Time of Terror," was sponsored by the seminary's Carl F.H. Henry Institute for Evangelical Engagement, drawing an estimated audience of 550, most of whom were Southern students.

The two other panelists were Mark Coppenger, pastor of Evanston (Ill.) Baptist Church and former president of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Kenneth Magnuson, assistant professor of Christian ethics at Southern. Russell Moore, instructor of theology at Southern, served as moderator.

Barnette began by noting that while he opposed the Vietnam War -- and even had sons on opposite sides of the issue -- he supports the war on terrorism.

"There was a great deal of protest to us being in Vietnam," he said. "I was opposed to the war. I wrote articles against it. I lectured against it.

"We were not fighting a defensive war in Vietnam," he said. "Now we are. It is an entirely new kind of war."

Phelps, though, said the United States did not exhaust its non-military options before it began military action. However, he drew a line between a nation fighting a war and an individual taking physical action, saying that there are some instances where force is needed. Phelps said he affirms the actions of the passengers on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania.

"I would like to think that our country is doing what it's doing with the very best of intentions -- just as those people on the plane were," he said. "But the people on the plane had no other alternative -- at least that I can think of. ... We, on the other hand, do have alternatives to bombing and doing the things that we have done, which in my opinion have increased the danger that our country faces.

"Perhaps we've done what we've done with the best of intentions. I don't think it has yielded the results that we hoped it would."

Referring to Romans 13, Mohler said the United States has been justified in its military response.

"In both the Old and New Testaments, the demands of justice require that those who do evil be punished for those acts of evil," he said. "War is one of the means by which peace is re-established."

Barnette agreed, saying that the Greek word for "love" -- agape -- demands justice.

"You can't have agape [love] without justice," he said. "Otherwise it is purely sentimentality. I go along with Augustine on this. You may hit me on the right cheek, [and] I'll turn the left. But you hit one of my family [members], and you're going to get justice."

The panel discussed a wide range of issues, including:

Augustine's "Just War Theory."

This involves such goals as limiting civilian casualties and restoring justice. It's important to remember that the Just War criteria have developed as a way of limiting how we might go to war -- not as a way of coming up with reasons for going to war.

Phelps said he would prefer a peacemaking initiative to a Just War Theory.

Rather than justifying war -- using the Just War Theory to legitimate a war -- the biblical initiative is to talk about a just peacemaking theory. We need to begin to take seriously the principles of Jesus Christ -- to enact transforming initiatives on behalf of our country in the global arena. This was done before the invasion of Iraq.

The killing of innocent people.

Everything must be done to avoid civilian casualties, but we will have such casualties. The killing of innocent people always makes war so complex.

The use of the word "evil" in reference to terrorists.

Look at the evilevil that exists today to the evil that existed in Nazi Germany. Would you have allowed the concentration camps to have continued? I was stationed just outside Belsen. One needs to see it. I am certain that if the terrorists were allowed to win, we would have camps again!

"There is a clear understanding that this evil be removed," I think that is a direct parallel to where we are right now. The 911 attacks were intensely militaristic, terroristic. Little will appease the terrorists -- other than the eradication of America. The dissatisfaction that turned into hatred that turned into terrorism on the part of these people is not going to be rectified by anything the United States can do other than cease to exist.

The struggle for peace.

Phelps argued that World Wars I and II did not result "in a stable peace in our world," and that America needs to ask, "[W]hat can we do as a nation to initiate peace around the world? long sustainable peace is not always possible. We need to share the Gospel and get these people saved as if there is no tomorrow.

The importance of prayer.

"Pray for our leaders -- that they will act justly.†We should not underestimate the power of prayer. Everyone now should be praying for our government officials -- that they will make the right decisions." Christians also should pray "for our enemies. We have to as ask the question, 'Have we prayed for Osama bin Laden?' As absurd as that sounds, have we prayed for our enemies?"

I believe Solo has really answrered your question!

Solo said:
Don't talk bad about your government and you will be in line with the will of God. Speak evil of your government and you will be in line with the enemy of God.

Evil comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors; most of the time it is subtle and engulfs one before they know it.

Does that mean that you did not talk 'evil' of the government under the presidency of Clinton? Should we check the archives?

Would you please quote the Scripture that says one cannot be critical of government?

Since you say that we should not talk bad about our government, if the government does something that is not-Biblical are we not supposed to talk against it or try to change it?

Would that mean those who are seeking to ban abortion are doing 'evil' because they speak bad of the government that allows for abortion?

Jeff, while I appreciate your post - would you mind providing the source of it?

The War On Iraq - as promoted by the President of the United States - was a war of pre-emption. Pre-emptive wars violate the Just War Theory.

aLoneVoice said:
Does that mean that you did not talk 'evil' of the government under the presidency of Clinton? Should we check the archives?

Would you please quote the Scripture that says one cannot be critical of government?

Since you say that we should not talk bad about our government, if the government does something that is not-Biblical are we not supposed to talk against it or try to change it?

Would that mean those who are seeking to ban abortion are doing 'evil' because they speak bad of the government that allows for abortion?
What negative speak did Jesus say about the Roman Government that was in control of the world at his time on earth?

Where was Jesus, our example, critical of the Roman government?

Where does Jesus speak against or try to change the Roman Government?

When did Jesus speak bad of the Roman government on matters that were 'evil'?

Solo said:
What negative speak did Jesus say about the Roman Government that was in control of the world at his time on earth?

Where was Jesus, our example, critical of the Roman government?

Where does Jesus speak against or try to change the Roman Government?

When did Jesus speak bad of the Roman government on matters that were 'evil'?

Why are you avoiding the questions that I asked of you?

And am I not the one who has suggested that our response as Christians should be as a witness to the government, not involvment in government? Like Christ our example!

However, Jesus did speak out against evil behavior and actions - if the government is in violation - are we to blindly follow evil action or speak out against it?

aLoneVoice said:
Why are you avoiding the questions that I asked of you?

And am I not the one who has suggested that our response as Christians should be as a witness to the government, not involvment in government? Like Christ our example!

However, Jesus did speak out against evil behavior and actions - if the government is in violation - are we to blindly follow evil action or speak out against it?
I answered your questions by asking questions pertaining to Jesus example. Please provide Scripture that Jesus spoke evil against the Roman government so that we can understand your position as to whether it is based on truth or not.

If Jesus lived in this nation during the Viet Nam war, would he have run to Canada to get out of the draft? Would he have burnt His draft card? What is Jesus' character, and would he break the law to further a liberal stand against a government?

Solo said:
I answered your questions by asking questions pertaining to Jesus example. Please provide Scripture that Jesus spoke evil against the Roman government so that we can understand your position as to whether it is based on truth or not.

If Jesus lived in this nation during the Viet Nam war, would he have run to Canada to get out of the draft? Would he have burnt His draft card? What is Jesus' character, and would he break the law to further a liberal stand against a government?

Solo - you did not answer my questions, in fact you have avoided at least twice the same question in regards to the Clinton Presidency.

I never said that Jesus spoke 'evil' against the Roman government or any government. Also, i would contend that I am not 'speaking evil' against this government. Pointing out thruthful actions of the government is not speaking 'evil'.

Jesus did speak out against the ruling body of the day for the Jewish people. There would be no reason for Jesus to speak out against the Roman Government, for one they delegated the governing authority to religious leaders - the reason Jesus was handed over to the Roman government, was that the religious leaders did not have the power to execute.

I do not know what Jesus would have done during Vietnam, however I wonder what the rule was during the Roman empire on conscription and how it related to the Jewish citizens.

Please do not confuse a 'liberal stand' with speaking truth to and being a witness to the government. The government is not given carte blanche to violate the counsel of God.

Are you suggesting a 'dual kingdom' approach to government?

aLoneVoice said:
Solo - you did not answer my questions, in fact you have avoided at least twice the same question in regards to the Clinton Presidency.

I never said that Jesus spoke 'evil' against the Roman government or any government. Also, i would contend that I am not 'speaking evil' against this government. Pointing out thruthful actions of the government is not speaking 'evil'.

Jesus did speak out against the ruling body of the day for the Jewish people. There would be no reason for Jesus to speak out against the Roman Government, for one they delegated the governing authority to religious leaders - the reason Jesus was handed over to the Roman government, was that the religious leaders did not have the power to execute.

I do not know what Jesus would have done during Vietnam, however I wonder what the rule was during the Roman empire on conscription and how it related to the Jewish citizens.

Please do not confuse a 'liberal stand' with speaking truth to and being a witness to the government. The government is not given carte blanche to violate the counsel of God.

Are you suggesting a 'dual kingdom' approach to government?
Pray about it alone, you are either trolling or thick-headed. Either way you are wasting my time. :wink: G'night.

Back