Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Almost New Year's...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jasoncran:

I know for some men and women in any case asymmetricality is a preference in the wearing of earrings.

I guess for some people who prefer asymmetricality it might be considered almost old fashioned for grandmothers to have three scupulously level and balanced studs each side.

I will leave it a that. Im sure if your pastor had nipple tassles, ear rings and nose rings, ya might think it odd.or a prince albert.

well it doesn't just stop with visible piercings. if one gets pierced why does one do it? simply to make a statement to ones self? kinda like getting a tat only to cover it up.

I see what you mean.

But I guess it wouldn't usual to say to a preacher: Sir, do you have any of those piercings that people don't usually see?

And I guess it wouldn't be usual, either, for an interviewer to say to a woman at an interview, Please remove your leather jacket and high heeled boots, in case you have any tattoos on your arms, etc.

Kind of, What's covered, is covered deliberately.

I see what you mean.

But I guess it wouldn't usual to say to a preacher: Sir, do you have any of those piercings that people don't usually see?

And I guess it wouldn't be usual, either, for an interviewer to say to a woman at an interview, Please remove your leather jacket and high heeled boots, in case you have any tattoos on your arms, etc.

Kind of, What's covered, is covered deliberately.
farouk. I speak from worldy expericience and I know some here were more into that then I was. when a girl gets any tat. they will show them to each other or their bf. my niece has piercing tats, and had at the age 31 a breast enlargement. my wife wasn't even in the door and I had to turn away nearly because she almost showed her chest to my wife in front of me. if I asked I would have gotten a looksee myself. my niece isn't UGLY but very attractive. she has tats 5 piercings. two on her back, two belly button piercings and also earrings. yet when her dad showed up. she covered herself. she was wearing a sports bra shorts. do we want our daughters looking like the world?

farouk. I speak from worldy expericience and I know some here were more into that then I was. when a girl gets any tat. they will show them to each other or their bf. my niece has piercing tats, and had at the age 31 a breast enlargement. my wife wasn't even in the door and I had to turn away nearly because she almost showed her chest to my wife in front of me. if I asked I would have gotten a looksee myself. my niece isn't UGLY but very attractive. she has tats 5 piercings. two on her back, two belly button piercings and also earrings. yet when her dad showed up. she covered herself. she was wearing a sports bra shorts. do we want our daughters looking like the world?

Oh I agree about not showing too much cleavage and also that it might be necessary sometimes to cover tattoos.

I guess my point was that if a male preacher or a female interview candidate has already covered any piercings or tattoos, then I guess people don't need to inquire about them.

Some pretty funny resolutions from some of the posters. While Claudya has a very complete check off resolution list I think the month of January represents last years mistakes want to improve what we did not do the prior year. I never really took resolutions so serious in the past. This year I'm going to work on a few and see how they work out.

You know as far as piercing goes that only happens when I get my blood taken by a needle or at the dentist for a Novocain shot. I hope this piercing will keep me in fashion. Hey everyone look at the cotton and tape I got on my arm after my blood test.

Well actually once in my early 20s I had my left ear pierced. I think that is the ear straight men are to do that right? I thought I was told in the past those who are not straight might get a piercing only on the right ear. But I am talking about the 80s and the 90s . . I don’t even remember what kind of piercing I had. I know for sure it was not a diamond or a hoop. I would have been ok with a cross.

You know though you just got to be yourself. I took it out and never missed not having one. Farouk whom I call Rook because he is smart like a chess player the Rook knows I have a tattoo on my back. It was done by an amateur who did this on my back. It’s a woman with her back the top half with her head to the side. Sort of it was supposed to represent the Girlfriend I had at the time. It was her idea and I was often back then the kind of person to try to fit in somehow with those around me.

My tattoo is green ink nothing impressive amateur as you can pretty much get. Can anyone give me any advice how to most effectively fade the tattoo on my back? What ideas really work if any does work. While tattoos may help the Faith for some I believe my Faith is none at all. Because honestly I never show this to anyone. Hey but if anyone wants to share their tattoos to send some pictures I will take notice and helpful if there is a story behind it.

As for New Years resolutions well believe it or not I weigh over 315 pounds. I’ve been this high the last 3 to 4 years. Its kind of a long story how I got this high up but kind of having fear of getting hungry. After I got out of the Hospital where I was barely eating anything my fear of starving allowed me to eat any way I wanted. Now I have fear of being too heavy and dying from a heart attack. So of course I need to lose weight. I was doing OK for a while. But I tried only through eating diet method. My stomach was killing me a lot. Now I will go back to my workout routines I had stopped a number of years ago about 4 or so. I will be doing weight lifting and other resistance plus cardio combo fitness.

Studies show resistance and cardio together helps muscle build and weight loss. You know like Jason I also was a light weight with conditioned abs arms and chest. Take a look at me now and I can apply to PT Barnum circus fat buy . .

Yeah you know I laugh at myself cause being too serious is too much stress. Because after all God loves us whatever our appearance on the outside is. We don’t let God down. I am also considering to want to train to enter some bench press listing contests. You don't have to be that strong to enter one of these. I used to belong to a power lifting Christian forum which they stopped posting on the board. There were a few excellent posters. They told about these contests and it's all just about trying your best. One reason if I knew I was in training for a contest I may just try harder.

Also I want to get more active around here and our area. I am in the house too much. I need to be out in the world a bit more. But will someone here please get me a laptop so when I am out I can always conveniently log in to CF Net to post J We got get to get back to our routine of study at home which she and I study together. I’m not sure yet what else but I think once I get more active things will unfold I will naturally form my way to doing more random or planned things.

I want a vacation this year have not been on one for for a number of years since 2009 flying out to see my sister for Christmas.

Some pretty funny resolutions from some of the posters. While Claudya has a very complete check off resolution list I think the month of January represents last years mistakes want to improve what we did not do the prior year. I never really took resolutions so serious in the past. This year I'm going to work on a few and see how they work out.

You know as far as piercing goes that only happens when I get my blood taken by a needle or at the dentist for a Novocain shot. I hope this piercing will keep me in fashion. Hey everyone look at the cotton and tape I got on my arm after my blood test.

Well actually once in my early 20s I had my left ear pierced. I think that is the ear straight men are to do that right? I thought I was told in the past those who are not straight might get a piercing only on the right ear. But I am talking about the 80s and the 90s . . I don’t even remember what kind of piercing I had. I know for sure it was not a diamond or a hoop. I would have been ok with a cross.

You know though you just got to be yourself. I took it out and never missed not having one. Farouk whom I call Rook because he is smart like a chess player the Rook knows I have a tattoo on my back. It was done by an amateur who did this on my back. It’s a woman with her back the top half with her head to the side. Sort of it was supposed to represent the Girlfriend I had at the time. It was her idea and I was often back then the kind of person to try to fit in somehow with those around me.

My tattoo is green ink nothing impressive amateur as you can pretty much get. Can anyone give me any advice how to most effectively fade the tattoo on my back? What ideas really work if any does work. While tattoos may help the Faith for some I believe my Faith is none at all. Because honestly I never show this to anyone. Hey but if anyone wants to share their tattoos to send some pictures I will take notice and helpful if there is a story behind it.

As for New Years resolutions well believe it or not I weigh over 315 pounds. I’ve been this high the last 3 to 4 years. Its kind of a long story how I got this high up but kind of having fear of getting hungry. After I got out of the Hospital where I was barely eating anything my fear of starving allowed me to eat any way I wanted. Now I have fear of being too heavy and dying from a heart attack. So of course I need to lose weight. I was doing OK for a while. But I tried only through eating diet method. My stomach was killing me a lot. Now I will go back to my workout routines I had stopped a number of years ago about 4 or so. I will be doing weight lifting and other resistance plus cardio combo fitness.

Studies show resistance and cardio together helps muscle build and weight loss. You know like Jason I also was a light weight with conditioned abs arms and chest. Take a look at me now and I can apply to PT Barnum circus fat buy . .

Yeah you know I laugh at myself cause being too serious is too much stress. Because after all God loves us whatever our appearance on the outside is. We don’t let God down. I am also considering to want to train to enter some bench press listing contests. You don't have to be that strong to enter one of these. I used to belong to a power lifting Christian forum which they stopped posting on the board. There were a few excellent posters. They told about these contests and it's all just about trying your best. One reason if I knew I was in training for a contest I may just try harder.

Also I want to get more active around here and our area. I am in the house too much. I need to be out in the world a bit more. But will someone here please get me a laptop so when I am out I can always conveniently log in to CF Net to post J We got get to get back to our routine of study at home which she and I study together. I’m not sure yet what else but I think once I get more active things will unfold I will naturally form my way to doing more random or planned things.

I want a vacation this year have not been on one for for a number of years since 2009 flying out to see my sister for Christmas.
Indialantic Beach, Florida.
I know a nice motel that I use cheap.
You'll lose 20 lbs. a day on the beach.

How about this idea. How about losing 100% weight? Suppose someone is hanging out in Florida by the swamps
and getts eaten by an alligator. You're all gone no more wieght. :lol

I have a good idea. Let's do a membership resolution here at CF forum net.
Everyday we need to show up at 5am to check in and start posting.
Sure I know every one likes waking up early in the morning before the rooster.
This is a resolution even to prove that when Jesus says we don't know what hour he will arrive
that we will be ready and active over here keeping watch.

This starts on January 1st so please set your alarm clocks and adjust your work schedules to make this
everyone's priority at CF forums.:thud:screwloose2:lol

Hi WordsintoHarmony:

Just to mention that if you're thinking of altering your back tattoo as a new year's resolution, it's not unusual for Christians to do this.

For instance, if a man has the inked image of a nude pin-up from before he was converted, a tattoo artist can easily and tastefully add a bikini to the torso image, or even a business pantsuit, for that matter.

I have mentioned before that if a woman has the name of an ex-bf tattooed, e.g., 'Bill', it could be changed into another word such as 'Bible'. A good tattoo artist can advise.

Hope it goes well with your new year's resolution, anyway!

Blessings.

...anybody got resolutions? Mine is so cliché, its not even remotely funny. I have to lose weight and build muscle. Other than that...I got nothing.

What about y'all?
I'm old enough to know to make easy resolutions--one's that kind of fulfill themselves. My resolution this year? Add more fat, lose more muscle mass. I got an early start on it last year...and the year before.

Kiwi Dan Congratulation. This is really good news. Talk about a New years resolution. That’s one of the best ones to quit Smoking. I know for many people it is almost impossible to quit. I seen a couple people try to stop and it only lasted a temporary moment. I know some studies show smoking is about as addicting as Heroine addiction. Which means when the body has Nicotine the brain will keep desiring that craving to have the nicotine in the system. This is exactly what cigarettes and Cigar companies do. Thy put in these Chemicals to get people addicted so they will keep buying this product. The cost as in money of smoking should not be the greatest concern. But rather our Health.

My Mother first name Loretta used to smoke Kool cigarettes about a pack a day. I was kind of embarrassed in high school walking out of the house with my shirts smelling like cigarette smoke for I did not smoke myself.

About 19 I really started to worry about my mother. If she was going to live a long life or not. Seems so often she had a lit cigarette. As an adult I had clashes with her of my not liking this smoke around me. I tried to ask her to wait until we get to our destination before she has a cigarette. She would sometimes light it up in the car. I could not stand it.

I was at one time sleeping in my mothers living room. She wanted to move out from her drinking boyfriend. I don’t know about getting a place I said. I'm not sure if I can handle all that smoke. My mother told me she would try to get one of those ash tray that is suppose to help to rid some of the smoke. So I had told her ok.

But actually I had preferred she did this on the porch and not inside at all. But I did not want her to feel threatened by Ricky who she was with. He often got in fights down the street. He even hit my brother which he should have not. My brother was drunk and staggering around. I mean you could tell he was not in his right mind. My brother who is not alive anymore had a drinking problem back then.

During this time my mother was going to Kaiser hospital for her stomach. They thought she had ulcers. Turned out she had Cancer. They said it was so bad it was irreversible. Partly she did have heredity on her side. Those in Kansas of the women who also died of Cancer.

But I believe that Smoking helped to increase her chances even much greater. My Sister Teresa has had some surgical procedures to try to prevent these cancers my mother had. My sister has 4 kids and does not want to leave them as being orphans. My sister did not want to take any chances She is now 4 years less in age than our Mom was when she died at 49.

So our mother never reached an old age. Neither did our mother get to see Teresa's first child Celine for she was born 8 months later after my Mother passed away. Our Grampa George was in good health. He never smoked and told us Grandkids not to smoke. He never was a drinker and told us not to drink. Grampa was the smartest when it came to making good moral decisions. He lived to be 86 years old. He died of Alzheimer Jan 2012. My Brother committed Suicide 1995 the same year my Mother died of cancer at age 49. I was already without parents.

So Kiwi Dan when people choose to smoke they don’t realize it is so life threatening that it is not only your life but even your life of those around you that don’t want you to be out of their life. So when you save your life you not only for yourself but even those who also care about you.

At 24 I had to tell people. Yeah I have no mother anymore. I know my Mother was a heavy smoker. When I think of Cigarettes I hate them even more. I’m glad we still had our Grampa though for another 27 years. Grampa said long ago he would out live our mother. He was right. He did not like her smoking but as a Father and our Grampa he was a provider to our family. Because Grampa did right and did not smoke and drink. He kept himself alive to watch after us. . and Grampa really gave all that he had. One of the most giving people I have ever known in all my life.

Hey Kiwi Dan. We have all failed. That’s why the Bible says there is no one good except God himself. Jesus did not want to be called a good teacher because He was made lower than angels. Jesus was in the Body of a man, not His perfect glorified body. He had to resist temptations which Jesus did. But Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit of God who to show He had the seal and protection of the Father and the Fathers instruction.

Jesus did not use any special powers to resist sin. Jesus resisted in obedience of the Word only. So Jesus couldn't even with a miracle tell the sin or thought to leave. But to live accordingly to the will of God His Father that Jesus would fulfill every word which He was Prophesied to do. So as we can see Jesus was allowed in both good and bad circumstances. And yet Jesus said why call me a good teacher? Only God the Father is good who is now in Heaven who is in fullness of perfection with all love and kindness.

Think that you kind of failed? Remember the disciples seen Jesus on the water. Peter wanted to be with Jesus out there. . Peter began to walk on the water. Then he became afraid and started to drown. He kind of failed too. But Jesus saved him to put him back in the boat. In likewise God knows our first attempts are sometimes ones that don’t work at first.

Think of your body as the temple. God wants us to take care of our body the temple He created. Once many years ago I was released from a Psychiatric Hospital. I was put on Halodol, Ativan and another medicine I forget. Anyone who has ever taken these ought to know these are very powerful like tranquilizers.

During this time my leg was shaking a lot almost as being nervous which I could not control. I told the doctors about the side effects. Immediately I was taken off just like that I was released. I never knew what withdrawal was until I did not realize my body was addicted to Halodol and Ativan.

Because I could not have any of the medicine my stomach got weak and I would sweat. I would start breathing hard. At night time my arms felt light cause the Halodol used to totally knock me out at night. I tried taking night sleeping pills. . But told that is dangerous. Use them only sometimes not on a regular basis.

So about another 30 days passed and I was back to normal. What I am trying to say is your body is going through withdrawal which may include sweats, headaches, sick stomach, anxiety feeling you need to pace or impatiently do things around you.

What do you do? Think like Peter who tried to walk in the water. He failed but yet God gave him more chances. Peter kept improving his way and his faith. Keep trying. This may seem impossible. But say Lord you can do all things. Nothing even stop smoking is impossible for you God. You say I am weak but you God are strong. Ask God for strength. But this strength comes from the same Jesus used. That is obedience.

If this were me I would have gradually quit. If I was smoking a pack every week I would smoke one less cigarette so the body would less be able to tell I am decreasing. This is how doctors get patients off of Ativan which is addictive. Gradually come off it. Cold turkey often is a great shock most people can’t handle and is why they go back to smoking again. So if you think this is difficult try eliminating one less cigarette each week until you need no more. . It's an option if Cold Turkey is too harsh at once.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back