Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Aloe Vera

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My wife and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon. Day 1 we went right out to the beach. Evening 1, we were picking from aloe plants on the resort, drenched each other aloe and spent the night on opposite sides of the bed in complete agony. :wall

Yeah, aloe works for burns like that just as much as anything from a script by a doctor, but nothing was going to sooth that stupidity. :gah

When you say Ki, do you mean Chi??? If were talking Chi, than i know what your talking about. Doesnt it focus on positive energy??? Of course i could have the name wrong.

Oh, and i didnt say that coconut oil would cure a cold, but it cured strep, which is cuased by the bacteria strepto caucus. Not a virus. :)

ki, chi same thing.

strep hmm that goes away in time becomes rheutamatic fever(infection of the heart)

that is why its good for the fda to do what mike says.

Obviously you dont believe in natural cures. Dont you think God put things on the earth for our healing??? God knows what we need, medicine included.

Obviously you dont believe in natural cures. Dont you think God put things on the earth for our healing??? God knows what we need, medicine included.

no, its called liars and persons that take advantage of people like you.

if what is said is true and observable, whats to hide?

absolutely nothing.

if a guy says it works and make billions off it , why cant he put the stuff for a test and let science do its thing.

btw the fda does look at this stuff. shall i indulge?

and most meds are found in nature.

reasearch does wonders.

Not a subject I know too much about.

I guess, too, that if pharmaceutical companies stand to lose money in relation to natural remedies becoming more popular and if their effectiveness is proved, then some of them may try to use their influence to oppose them.

The medical research has already been done. Thats what the book is about. You shouldnt be so close minded.

really, has it been verified that person isnt a doctor but simply a nutrionist.

and just because one person says its so , it needs to be rechecked(peer review) does have merit

echinicea has been studied recently and four studies came to the same conclusion. doesnt work as promised

now, can the studies be falfisified, yes.

but that is what peer review should stop.

we arent the only country that has modern medicine so others may look into it.

Not a subject I know too much about.

I guess, too, that if pharmaceutical companies stand to lose money in relation to natural remedies becoming more popular and if their effectiveness is proved, then some of them may try to use their influence to oppose them.
:biggrin Priceless! :yes

I can't argue with that. If my grandfather, who lived to be 93 and rarely saw a doctor, believed in certain natural remedies that he learned while still in Italy, who am I to argue... with him or God? :thumbsup

:biggrin Priceless! :yes

I can't argue with that. If my grandfather, who lived to be 93 and rarely saw a doctor, believed in certain natural remedies that he learned while still in Italy, who am I to argue... with him or God? :thumbsup

wow, talk about being judgmental.

sheesh.

fyi all my kin on my moms side lived on average to be near a hundred. my great aunt was born in 1904 and died in 2002.

yet,some of them did see a doc.

fyi, i have headaches so intense that i cant eat,as i do have one now.

no chiropractor has cured me of them. only reduced them in intenisity and frequency.

some chiroppractors have made them worse.

so what if your redemy makes the problem worse as is the case of mike and me with burns?

Have you any sort of comparison to look at?

Like a burn treated with aloe, a similar burn treated with an "official" medication, and a similar burn treated with nothing.

Hey, I tore a calf mucle a number of years back that gives me trouble off and on. And I read somewhere that the Laker trainers (NBA) used [BLUE-GOO] with EMU OIL + ALOE VERA+MSM (it was also seen on T.V.)

Anyhow I use it often. It does better than anything that I had ever tried. They have replaced it with another brand. I don't know why unless it works to good?

It comes in a about 3" diameter X 3" in height plastic jar. It only takes a little bit to spread around. And yes, it is gooy!;)

--Elijah

wow, talk about being judgmental.

sheesh.

fyi all my kin on my moms side lived on average to be near a hundred. my great aunt was born in 1904 and died in 2002.

yet,some of them did see a doc.

fyi, i have headaches so intense that i cant eat,as i do have one now.

no chiropractor has cured me of them. only reduced them in intenisity and frequency.

some chiroppractors have made them worse.

so what if your redemy makes the problem worse as is the case of mike and me with burns?

j:

Wow you seem to have a lot of centenarians - or almost - in your family.

Do you think that dietary controls or natural remedies have anything to do with in some of their cases?

j:

Wow you seem to have a lot of centenarians - or almost - in your family.

Do you think that dietary controls or natural remedies have anything to do with in some of their cases?

i dont know. ironically on that side is genetically attributed high blood pressure that my mom and uncles already have.

my mom eats well and isnt overweight and has high bp.

keep in mind that i thinks of that generation maybe 5 or six lived that long, still higher then most.

my great grandparents on my moms mother side lived to allmost a century.

Yeah, my great great gandmother lived to be like 98 and she was realy unhealthy. Sausage, biscuits and gravy everyday!!! Man, that sounds good... Oh and she would only use lard. If you eat healthy, you will have better quality of life when your older, but you wont neccesarily live longer.
@Jason
There are lots of things that cant be remedied naturally. Modern medicine cant cure cancer. Theres no pill that will make it go away. Does that mean no medicine works??? Just because a lot of natural remedies dont work(yes, i mean a lot)doesnt mean that none of them work either.

I'm personally not much into the herb side of healing. I imagine it can have benefit. But also worry about the many different ways that these items can be manufactured, and the different varieties of herbs that can be used. I imagine it would be difficult to conclusively test these items in the same manner drugs are done.

I do believe in healthy eating, and some nutrients, like the sunshine vitamin D3, iodine, and fish oil for helping conditions. I personally eat paleo/low carb most of the time, and feel great for doing so.

What I've done is to follow and learn from a couple doctor's blogs. They are often posting about their patients taking a more natural approach to dealing with their disease(s). The physicians also post studies about the different natural tools used, and drugs sometimes also.

Dr Davis
The Heart Scan Blog

Dr Eades
Health and Nutrition by Dr. Michael R. Eades, M.D.
Michael Eades, M.D. (DrEades) on Twitter

Yeah, my great great gandmother lived to be like 98 and she was realy unhealthy. Sausage, biscuits and gravy everyday!!! Man, that sounds good... Oh and she would only use lard. If you eat healthy, you will have better quality of life when your older, but you wont neccesarily live longer.
@Jason
There are lots of things that cant be remedied naturally. Modern medicine cant cure cancer. Theres no pill that will make it go away. Does that mean no medicine works??? Just because a lot of natural remedies dont work(yes, i mean a lot)doesnt mean that none of them work either.

for the record on coconut oil. i'm pragmatic as a simple flu has sent me to the hospital(fever of 103!).

my wife uses melationin as a sleep aid per her psychiatrist.

it works!

for the record on coconut oil. i'm pragmatic as a simple flu has sent me to the hospital(fever of 103!).

my wife uses melationin as a sleep aid per her psychiatrist.

it works!

j:

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and manage to leave hospital before too long.

j:

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and manage to leave hospital before too long.

woops darn dyslexia. i should have used past participle there.

has in the past. and a few yrs ago 2009.

with the common cold or bronchitis(i'm prone to having mold grow in my lungs) that has cause that high fever.

the first time i thought i was having a heart attack and couldnt breathe easily.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back