Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] An Adventure to the Hospital

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Davies

Since I've joined, I must say I've enjoyed posting on the website the last week. I can do it because I have the time.

I'd like to ask for prayer as I will be turning myself into the hosital today. I hope to have surgery on my neck to have many lymph nodes removed. The doctors will be performing a biopsy of the tongue, and if the lab comes back with no tumor cells, then the surgery on the neck will take place. Please pray the lab comes back clean and I'll have the surgery.

Even if the lab doesn't come back clean, I know that God means trials to increase my perseverance, character, and finally my hope of His glory which is the grand hope of all Chritians. I hope to be back home by Saturday or Sunday.

- Davies

Thank you all for your prayers. As it turned out, the biopsy on the tongue came back negative, so, the doctors performed the neck dissection to remove all the lymph nodes in the front of my neck. I have a what looks like a zipper from one ear, down to the throat, up to the other ear. I told my family I could have played in the movie Hang'em High, with Clint Eastwood. The pathology report will come back some time next week regarding the lymph nodes they removed. I have other complications, but my shoulders are too tired to type it all. I thank God for the answered prayer, and know He took notice of your kindness to me. Thanks again everyone on behalf of myself and my family.

- Davies

Glad for the news so far, I'll keep you on the "prayer list" for a bit longer though...keep us posted!

I recieved the pathology report today from my doctor. My prayers have been answered in the affirmitive, praise God! The doctor said no cancer was found in my tongue or in the lymph tissue removed from my neck last week. It's the kind of news that has to sink in before I can realize it. It's almost like when I first got the news I had cancer. It didn't hit me at first. I have to say, I'm very grateful to my family, co-workers, and to all those who prayed for me. I'm hoping to be fully recovered from my surgery within the next 6 to 7 weeks so I can go back to work. The end of this month, I will have been out of work for six months. If I had to say what I recieved from this experience, it would be that I have more faults then you can shake a stick at, I gained a stonger grip on the Gospel which is not to be neglected, and to have more understanding towards others who struggle physically and spiritually. I didn't join christianforum.net until the tail end of my treatment, so you didn't share in much of what I went through, but I thank you none the less for your prayers and kindness towards me. Praise God!

- Davies

We're rejoicing with you brother! We'll keep on praying until your back to work. You forgot one blessing-now you can be my hero Clint Eastwood's lookalike :lol-just kidding you brother.
God bless, Westtexas

Wow, Davies. I just caught up with this, but I'm happy to hear the good news in one quick swoop. That would have been tough waiting for your follow up news. I can imagine (though, not fully) that this was a trying time for you, the whole 6 months.

That is wonderful news, and I thank Him for seeing you through this. I hope you'll still have time for CFnet when you get back to work. It's been great reading your contributions. :)

Mike,

Thank you, Mike, for your encouragement. My family is still in the process of change. Things have happened so fast that I have appreciated the slow down staying at home offers. It is difficult to experience uncertainty, which should be a stern warning to all of us to be grounded in the faith, because it's only a matter of time when bad news comes to our door. Jesus promised trials, because His children never go without chastisement. I have many reasons to think this trial was chastisement. In any view, I have taken it as a blessing. Faith has never come easy for me, but because it has been strengthened during this time, I know God has been tender towards me, in only the way God can.

- Davies

I saw my surgeon yesterday. I had my staples removed from the incision that went from ear to ear. Only a couple of them were painful when removed because most of the skin around the incision is still numb. I was a little concerned about their removal because there was thirty plus staples spread wide apart, but it was pretty easy.

The surgeon stated I would be able to go back to work once I have the motion in my right arm restored and after gaining weight. I have exercises to do. Some of the nerves received some trauma during my procedure. I probably wouldn't be able to return to work at the earliest until February 1st. Plus, I have to put on 15-20 lbs. I kind of look anorexic. That's my update.

- Davies

I asked and received approval to go back to work on February 1st. I still suffer from some stiffness in the neck and my right shoulder is sore from the nerve trauma caused by my operation. Fortunately, this doesn't affect my driving, and because I don't have a physically demanding job, I don't have to worry about lifting anything heavy. Once I start work, I won't be posting as much, perhaps to the relief of some. :) But I'm going to remain on the site, because it gives me a lot to think about. It's good food for meditation.

- Davies

Yesterday, I went back to work. It wasn't too bad. It was helpful it wasn't a stressful day. Management was very gracious by bringing two cakes, some balloons, and a large sheet of paper signed by almost all in the department with nice words welcoming me back. It was surreal to be back, and I made sure to thank God for his over abundance of grace for me. Thank you all for your prayers, , because this time of sickness has been difficult and a rich blessing at the same time. My hope is that I won't forget God's kindness, and that I'll respond with greater love to Him. By God's grace I will.

- Davies

What a nice day back. Even if you wanted to go back to work, that had to be at least a little stressful. It can be tough catching up with the speed of life after being out of it for a while. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back