Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

An old newbie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It appears that he has been chased off. Is that so?

Also, and perhaps because-- some of his posts were simply removed. Wiped away.

Is that how things work here? Does it take only a committee of one to decide to remove posts?

FHG-- is it that he ruffled your feathers? I'd like to understand.
If he left then it was on his own accord. He could have addressed his issue in TWTS. Maybe you need to go read the ToS, Statement of Faith and The Community message as what I posted was not from me personally, but from the terms of service that you agreed with when you became a member.

I do not know where your animosity towards me is coming from as I have never said or did anything against you. If you remember his post where he had that coat of arms with Dorothy Mae name on that is was a very clear violation of the ToS and that is the only post that I deleted.

If he left then it was on his own accord. He could have addressed his issue in TWTS. Maybe you need to go read the ToS, Statement of Faith and The Community message as what I posted was not from me personally, but from the terms of service that you agreed with when you became a member.

I do not know where your animosity towards me is coming from as I have never said or did anything against you. If you remember his post where he had that coat of arms with Dorothy Mae name on that is was a very clear violation of the ToS and that is the only post that I deleted.

I have no animosity toward you whatsoever. I don’t know you, but I do see you.

I was here as Runner several years ago, in the era of Reba, Willie T., Pizza, Jethro Bodine, Ozpen and others. As I remember, I was pretty unpopular, which is par for the course in my experience. I "self-banned" for some reason that I don't even recall. I discovered that the Runner name was still available, so I claimed it again - although, at my age (72) Walker might be more appropriate. "Running,: to use the term loosely, is now more like a 10:45 mile.

I'm a retired lawyer and have been a Christian since a fairly startling born-again experience 50+ years ago, although I increasingly find myself questioning and doubting whether what passes for Christianity has much of anything to do with anything Jesus was talking about or had in mind.
Are you still here?

This forum is for welcoming new members, we do not need this rhetoric in here.

If there is a problem please take it to TWTS.

This forum is for welcoming new members, we do not need this rhetoric in here.

If there is a problem please take it to TWTS.
1. Jesus would not have addressed the problem you see in the way you did. You would not accept the above if spoken to you in those terms. Talk to others as you’d like to be addressed.

2. We did not use rhetoric. Rhetoric is not another word for “talk.” It is a particular kind of use of persuasion.

You wanted particulars of ways you could improve. Here is an example.

Sorry for using the welcome forum but I will now cease.

1. Jesus would not have addressed the problem you see in the way you did. You would not accept the above if spoken to you in those terms. Talk to others as you’d like to be addressed.

2. We did not use rhetoric. Rhetoric is not another word for “talk.” It is a particular kind of use of persuasion.

You wanted particulars of ways you could improve. Here is an example.

Sorry for using the welcome forum but I will now cease.
The rhetoric remark was not applied to you as you did nothing wrong and only trying to bring it back to welcoming Runner. Please do not make it any more than that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back