Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

anime

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Welp, Blue Exorcist is definitely my new official fandom now. The manga is ongoing (and the next chapter is taking forever to come out arghh), so my interest most likely won't be dying out anytime soon. And I love the main character to death.
View attachment 5812View attachment 5813 View attachment 5814
Come on, you can't tell me this guy isn't really freaking cute. ('Course, that isn't the only reason he's my favorite character. Cute characters are not hard to come by.)

My list of anime to check out continues to grow. There are more series out there than I could ever hope to exhaust.

Last edited:
Nobody cares, but I can't resist leaving this here:
I've watched the video several times, nothing that would be problematic on this site. (Oh, Yukio is Rin's younger twin brother.)

I'll try not to leave too much stuff like this in this thread. That's what I use tumblr for, after all.

Okay, since I posted a video about the younger brother, I'll post one about the older one, too. (No, I didn't make either video. But they're well done as AMVs and MMVs go.)
(To be clear, the song in this video is a great fit because Rin is half demon. As to whether his younger twin, Yukio from the video in the other post, is or not, that's still to be dealt with in the manga. But the evidence so far points to probably.)

Welp, that's the last video I'll put on this thread for this series, I promise. =P If I posted all the videos I liked, this thread would get way too long. And, although I made this thread to discuss manga and anime I feel kind of out of place talking about it as much as I have here. I post all my fandom and fangirl talk on tumblr where I can talk about this stuff all day if I wanted to, without annoying anyone too much or feeling out of place. xD

I think he was kidding.
I find anime is as varied as media from just about any country is. The stuff that has shown up on the news regarding it has been the...more extreme examples. Though there is stuff that commonly pops up in anime, Japan perceives some stuff differently than we do.

I think he was kidding.
I find anime is as varied as media from just about any country is. The stuff that has shown up on the news regarding it has been the...more extreme examples. Though there is stuff that commonly pops up in anime, Japan perceives some stuff differently than we do.
oh the hentai junk. yes but you aren't posting hentai.

Haha. I don't do hentai. The majority of the series I've mentioned here have been of the shonen genre, which is marketed towards boys.

Haha. I don't do hentai. The majority of the series I've mentioned here have been of the shonen genre, which is marketed towards boys.
most anime is male orientated. uhm the way they portray the teens is Asiatic and imho since i have a small Asian group here i don't see the teens and young adults dress with emo like much. if they do and i have seen a few of them, but those persons aren't Asians but teens that are into anime.

i try not to assume the evil island of japan is really like that. they may have their terrorists groups of Nissan, Honda and Toyota that are built to neuter males and women.lol. but seriously. i don't think Japan's youth are that silly and shallow

Hayao Miyazaki (Japanese director of some animated movies) has said that a problem with the anime industry is that it's full of "otaku" (the use of this word in Japan is an insult, whereas here it just means "a huge fan of anime") who don't really observe how real people act. I think there is at least some truth to that.

There is a genre called shoujo, which means "girls". I don't know much about that genre, and if I have watched any series of that genre it's only been one or two. "Seinen" (sp?), I think is like shonen but a bit more mature subject matter and grittier...would include series like Hellsing. I don't think Attack on Titan is seinen, but it seems to come pretty close.

Hayao Miyazaki (Japanese director of some animated movies) has said that a problem with the anime industry is that it's full of "otaku" (the use of this word in Japan is an insult, whereas here it just means "a huge fan of anime") who don't really observe how real people act. I think there is at least some truth to that.

There is a genre called shoujo, which means "girls". I don't know much about that genre, and if I have watched any series of that genre it's only been one or two. "Seinen" (sp?), I think is like shonen but a bit more mature subject matter and grittier.
an American entertainment isn't any better?

uhmm two jap words i don't know, domo arrigato

Probably not. I have to admit I don't really watch much American entertainment anymore. xD
sonic may be made out of japan as in its origins but the toons were all made out of shuki levy entertainment. at least the oldest ones. shuki-levi are formerly of dig, French company. ruby-spears(American) and lastly hanna-barbera. also American which gave birth to rubi-spears. those two did what shuki-levi were doing at first and do know, just not as big and are defunct now.

sonic may be made out of japan as in its origins but the toons were all made out of shuki levy entertainment. at least the oldest ones. shuki-levi are formerly of dig, French company. ruby-spears(American) and lastly hanna-barbera. also American which gave birth to rubi-spears. those two did what shuki-levi were doing at first and do know, just not as big and are defunct now.
Yeah. Speaking of Sonic, turns out that a lot of our popular gaming franchises were originally from Japan.

There was an anime of Sonic (Sonic X) from, eh...2000 or 2002, somewhere around there. If you ask me, it's not very good, and the animation seems to have been pretty low budget. (But then, Sonic Underground wasn't so good either, animation-wise or writing-wise, and I still liked it a lot. Or maybe I just loved the idea of Sonic having siblings way too much.)

Yeah. Speaking of Sonic, turns out that a lot of our popular gaming franchises were originally from Japan.

There was an anime of Sonic (Sonic X) from, eh...2000 or 2002, somewhere around there. If you ask me, it's not very good, and the animation seems to have been pretty low budget. (But then, Sonic Underground wasn't so good either, animation-wise or writing-wise, and I still liked it a lot. Or maybe I just loved the idea of Sonic having siblings way too much.)
sonic the hedge hog with Jaleel white was ok. it was goofy at times but it could have been very much and anime out of japan. let gary goddard take a hold of that and it would have been.

I liked Jaleel White's voice for him. But I think I like his current VA Roger Craig Smith more. (Right now a Sonic series called Sonic Boom is running on Cartoon Network.)

Back