Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] another new day...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As a new creation in Christ Jesus. I've prayed for this, for God to provide what I need to take up my plow and push forward. His work in my life, my family's lives...to me, nothing short of a miracle.

The situation w/ the neighbors continues, of course. I was out with the now blind house dog, baby sitting him while he did his business, and the chatter kept on. I don't get it. Wait; I think I do, or I"m starting to, at long last.

The Lord has changed me, inside and out, and He's blessed my parents, too. I -was- a pill head, junky, homely, burned out, wretched human being. Happens, sometimes. My own sins were horrible, and things that were done to me...I was not expected to "recover," and I see now...

especially when you're dealing with mental illness, the world at large helps keep people sick. I"m not saying that mental illness is -all- socially constructed--I think I'm past that now--but I do think that seeing a despised, ridiculed person in a small, southern town environment get touched by God in big, big ways tends to "rub people the wrong way."

"Flamers" don't get to become men, barring a miracle. As it is now, I'm -not- a "flamer," and it seems that a lot of my problems may have been physically rooted. Hey, guess what, kiddo? The world doesn't care. Never did, never will. Mess up when you're 17, working class "loser," that's it. Welcome to America.

But...The Lord has spared me so, so much, so I'm thinking He has a plan for my life. Maybe its as simple as a life with my family, until maybe I'm able to be more autonomous.

I praise God for His goodness, and I also pray for His perfect will in my life and my parents' lives.

Thanks. :)

life goes on, by the grace of God.

I'm healthy now. School (re) starts soon. My parents and I seem to have reconciled. He makes a way where there doesn't seem to be one (paraphrasing).

Thanks for the prayers and support. :)

Back