Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Another School Shooting

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Disorder in the classrooms?

Just look at the classrooms in Africa. 30-40 kids in a class. Many having walked 10 miles or more just to get there, and another 10 miles or more to get back home.

They have difficulties in their home backgrounds too - like no food, or dirty water, disease, 8 or 9 other siblings to look after...yeah, they've got problems too.

This is where they learn:

classroom.jpg

See anybody roaring round? Tossing paper darts? Giving the teachers lip? Waving guns? Any litter on the floor? Graffiti on the walls?

I wonder why not. Could it be because they know that if they step out of line they will be caned? I wonder..

The biggest thing that astounds me about gun free zones is that military bases are considered among them. MILITARY BASES! If there is one place that I would expect to see armed guards is there.

I have no problem with armed guards in other places, such as schools, as long as they are properly trained, and mentally stable.

And all these teenage hooligans - joy-riding in other people's cars, setting fire to them, crashing into other joyriders - you know the score.

I remember a few years ago, in Singapore, they caught an American youth who had spray painted somebody's car.

In Singapore there is a strict quota of cars that can go on the road, and only as cars are scrapped that new ones can be sold to replace them. Lot of good sense there, US Government.

They caught the youth who had defaced the car somebody had waited years to get, and sentenced him to be flogged.

Clinton made special appeals to the Singapore PM that he should be spared. Th PM promptly told him to get lost, and they flogged the youth, and did a good job of it too.

I bet anything you like he will never go back to Singapore and spray somebody else's car.

And I extremely confident that if that law was reintroduced into America, there would be a sudden, dramatic and sustained drop in the rate of this sort of crime. Teenage hooligans would be a thing of the past, especially if their names and faces were published on the social networks and all round town.

Here's a wiki report on the aftermath of the incident:

Public opinion polls were divisive, but mostly supportive of Fay's punishment.[17] A significant number of Americans were in favor of the caning, claiming that Singapore had a right to use corporal punishment and that the United States did not mete out severe enough punishment to its own juvenile offenders.[18] Others pointed out that once Americans go abroad, they are subject to the laws and penal codes of the country they visit.[19] The Singapore Embassy received "a flood of letters" from Americans strongly supporting Fay's punishment, and some polls showed a majority of Americans favored it.[20]
in Singapore.

The streets of Britain were once safe places to walk in at night - but no more. Some parts of London were guarded by the Kray brothers - big time criminals, but one thing was sure, they treated the elderly and the helpless very properly, and woe betide any thug who they found beating or robbing the weak.

Now it seems that only the criminals can mete out proper justice to traitors, terrorists, paedophiles, thugs who assaulted the weak and feeble. In prison they have an extremely hard time: but why should it be left to criminals to do the right thing? Why is the right arm of the law become so weak and feeble?

You stick them in jails, and just today I heard that UK prisons, in some areas at least, are going to be held responsible if the prisoners they release re-offend! They haven't been trained properly not to re-offend, by the prison authorities!

Isn't this insane? If sufficient pain was inflicted on those who deserve having pain inflicted, then it's a pretty fair assumption that, like that kid in Singapore, they would not want to come back for a repeat prescription.

Arpaiao was on the right lines:

On July 2, 2011, when the temperature in Phoenix hit 118 °F (48 °C), Arpaio measured the temperature inside Tent City at 145 °F (63 °C). Some inmates complained that fans near their beds were not working, and that their shoes were melting from the heat.[36] During the summer of 2003, when outside temperatures exceeded 110 °F (43 °C), Arpaio said to complaining inmates, "It's 120 degrees in Iraq and the soldiers are living in tents, have to wear full body armor, and they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your mouths."[37]

Instead, UK prisons are going to be punished for their prisoners evil.

Sure, flogging 'em won't cure all crimes. Nothing besides the Return of Christ will do that. But America's and Britain's streets would be safe to walk at night once more, and schools to attend again.

That would be worth having.

Last edited by a moderator:
And all these teenage hooligans - joy-riding in other people's cars, setting fire to them, crashing into other joyriders - you know the score.

I remember a few years ago, in Singapore, they caught an American youth who had spray painted somebody's car.

In Singapore there is a strict quota of cars that can go on the road, and only as cars are scrapped that new ones can be sold to replace them. Lot of good sense there, US Government.

They caught the youth who had defaced the car somebody had waited years to get, and sentenced him to be flogged.

Clinton made special appeals to the Singapore PM that he should be spared. Th PM promptly told him to get lost, and they flogged the youth, and did a good job of it too.

I bet anything you like he will never go back to Singapore and spray somebody else's car.

And I extremely confident that if that law was reintroduced into America, there would be a sudden, dramatic and sustained drop in the rate of this sort of crime. Teenage hooligans would be a thing of the past, especially if their names and faces were published on the social networks and all round town.

Sure, it won't cure all crimes. But America's streets would be safe to walk at night once more, and schools to attend again.
Careful, there is a rather large can of worms you are flirting with here.

I'm happy to do so. Scripture is at the back of me, so I can take it.

I completely support Arpaio's policies concerning the inmates in his charge. I wish there were more sheriffs/wardens like him out there. We would have fewer people wanting to go to prison because they think they will have an easy time there.

Oh for the days where prison was like The Shawshank Redemption, or the like. Work camps and corporal punishment would dissuade criminal activity more than simple jail time.

Disorder in the classrooms?

Just look at the classrooms in Africa. 30-40 kids in a class. Many having walked 10 miles or more just to get there, and another 10 miles or more to get back home.

They have difficulties in their home backgrounds too - like no food, or dirty water, disease, 8 or 9 other siblings to look after...yeah, they've got problems too.

This is where they learn:

classroom.jpg

See anybody roaring round? Tossing paper darts? Giving the teachers lip? Waving guns? Any litter on the floor? Graffiti on the walls?

I wonder why not. Could it be because they know that if they step out of line they will be caned? I wonder..

Looks pretty orderly to me. Maybe we should make our kids walk 10 miles to school every day. Then they wouldn't have the energy to be roaring around in school. Or maybe it's just that the kids in the picture realize that learning is a privilege.

The TOG

Looks pretty orderly to me. Maybe we should make our kids walk 10 miles to school every day. Then they wouldn't have the energy to be roaring around in school. Or maybe it's just that the kids in the picture realize that learning is a privilege.

The TOG
A privilege? But here in America everything is a RIGHT, and we should demand our education, whether we pass or not.

Maybe that's part of the problem.

The TOG​
Oh, it is definitely a problem all right. Though it stems from our government leaders desire to not wanting to be left behind on the world stage of major powers we have been required to education our children, instead of looking at it as a privilege. It is they that turned it from a privilege to a requirement.

We have spent two generations over protecting our kids. (USA) Giving them this and that .. So many do not have an idea how to take care of them selves . But they have expensive sneakers and toys...

OVER protecting kids ( teens) from work. this is not safe that is not safe so set around and watch TV or Xbox that is good for them? Again get the government out of our lives.

Oh, it is definitely a problem all right. Though it stems from our government leaders desire to not wanting to be left behind on the world stage of major powers we have been required to education our children, instead of looking at it as a privilege. It is they that turned it from a privilege to a requirement.

It wasn't the government that did it. Article 26 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:

• (1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
  • (2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
  • (3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
But even though it's a human right, it's still a privilege, because not everyone has the chance to get an education.

The TOG​

It wasn't the government that did it. Article 26 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:

• (1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
  • (2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
  • (3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
But even though it's a human right, it's still a privilege, because not everyone has the chance to get an education.

The TOG​
But who instituted it? Nothing this sweeping can get any traction without the support of the government.

Incredible. Readin' writin' and 'rithmetic: all lost for want of a hickory stick...
I've sure got to agree with this too. A major shift has occurred over the years as Humanism has crept into pur schools. For the moment I'll just cite an excerpt from our youth camp study by Gene Hawkins.

"I do have a great problem with the humanistic teachings and the philosophies being taught there that have nothing to do with reading, writing and arithmetic, and these have come on down into the high schools and even into the grade schools. and I want to try to make that distinction here and what you need to be on guard against as you go to college."

Incredible. Readin' writin' and 'rithmetic: all lost for want of a hickory stick...

I agree with this. I used to work in an elementary school. One day I was walking across the schoolyard, and I saw a boy bullying another boy. His answer when I told him to stop was something worth thingking about - "What are you goint to do, make me talk to the teacher?"

The TOG​

It wasn't the government, it was many governments. It's called the United Nations.

The TOG​
I don't much care for the UN, though when it comes to these resolutions it does have to be ratified by the countries that are going to adopt them. So, it was our government, under the influence of the UN, that adopted this ideology.

The biggest thing that astounds me about gun free zones is that military bases are considered among them. MILITARY BASES! If there is one place that I would expect to see armed guards is there.

I have no problem with armed guards in other places, such as schools, as long as they are properly trained, and mentally stable.
the mp are armed btw. the problem with all of us being armed is that well ya kind have to direct fire and where. having guards eliminates that. and we have dod police.

signed ssg cranman 31b30/31e30 military police/ military police corrections

the mp are armed btw. the problem with all of us being armed is that well ya kind have to direct fire and where. having guards eliminates that. and we have dod police.

signed ssg cranman 31b30/31e30 military police/ military police corrections
Of course there is no reason for everyone on base to be carrying a weapon all the time, thus the purpose of guards, but to declare a military base as "gun free" is just ridiculous.

Of course there is no reason for everyone on base to be carrying a weapon all the time, thus the purpose of guards, but to declare a military base as "gun free" is just ridiculous.
its not gun free, and it never was. what was done is to control what was done with storing of weapons. one has not much space in the barracks so where would one safely store you large mass of guns? oh yeah the arms room.

ever heard of cross fire? imagine one guy in the middle of the building and every runs to get him they see he has a gun. they all go to that room, and yell drop your weapon he doesn't all of them shoot. well gee who would be shooting? all of them. at EACH OTHER. THAT IS WHY I said what I said. the army merely sets policy to control what guns you have and where you can carry them. do I agree with it fully? no, but we can use some compromise and common sense. believe it or not the army has far more of a problem with gun violence from soldiers stealing weapons from the arms room then any outside attacker.

so have you taken an active shooter course and actually seen what the fema puts out? I have. it made me think. chaos is a hard thing to control. people will panic. someone will have to be able to deal with that and keep other out of the way. not everyone can run to the action. thus why I said a reasonable plan of action is needed.

Back