Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Answer me this

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Quath said:
evanman said:
All men experience God, you Quath, like most others, reject what you know of God.
The feelings I had for God felt the same as the feelings I had for Santa Claus. So when I realize that I can have feelings for something that does not exist, I doubted. So I would need some experience with God that I never got from Santa Claus.

Quath

Not really. You just havn't figured out the difference between Santa and God.
BTW, are you still mad at Santa for the gift you asked for but never got?

StoveBolts said:
I was never mad at Santa nor God. Still not. It would be like asking if you are mad at Zeus or the toothfairy.

Quath

Do you still believe in Santa or Zeus or the tooth fairy?

If not, how did you disprove them?

:-? :-? :bday: :-? :-?

http://www.greatcom.org/resources/whoisjesusorig/reasons.html

The life Jesus led, the miracles He did, the words He spoke, His death on the cross, His resurrection, His ascent to heaven - all point to the fact that He was not merely man, but more than man. Jesus claimed, "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30), "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (John 14:9), and "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6).

Look at the life and influence of Jesus of Nazareth throughout history and you will see that Jesus Christ is, in fact, the living Son of God. He and His message always produce great changes in the lives of men and of nations. Wherever His teachings and influence have gone, the holiness of marriage has been emphasized, women's rights and voice in society acknowledged; schools and universities of higher learning established; laws to protect children made; slavery abolished; and a multitude of other changes accomplished for the good of mankind.
Individual lives are also dramatically changed. For example, Lew Wallace, a famous general and literary genius, was a known atheist. For two years, Mr. Wallace studied in the leading libraries of Europe and America, seeking information that would forever destroy Christianity. While writing the second chapter of a book he planned to write, he suddenly found himself on his knees crying out to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

Because of solid indisputable evidence, he could no longer deny that Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Later, Lew Wallace wrote the book Ben Hur, one of the greatest English novels ever written concerning the time of Christ.

Similarly, the late C.S. Lewis, professor at Oxford University in England, was an agnostic who denied the deity of Christ for years. But he, too, in intellectual honesty submitted to Jesus as his Lord and Savior after studying the overwhelming evidence for His deity.

More recently, Dr. Josh McDowell, a previous skeptic of Christianity, made his own honest investigation. You can learn more about the incredible transformation which happened to him by reading “A Skeptic’s Quest.â€Â

Regardless, in these intellectual quests, one has to conclude for themselves – is Jesus Lord........

Quath said:
StoveBolts said:
I was never mad at Santa nor God. Still not. It would be like asking if you are mad at Zeus or the toothfairy.

Quath

Actually, I was not infering any simalarities between Santa and God, but I can see how you would amalgamate the two and take my post as such... Sorry, you are correct in your ending statment regarding Zeus or the toothfairy.
BTW, you are a much better man than I am. Several times as a young child I was extreemly disapointed in Santa... I would lay awake at night wishing and hoping with false hope and faith...

Gary_Bee said:
Do you still believe in Santa or Zeus or the tooth fairy?

For Tooth Fairy, I think I found my teeth one day. For Santa, my mother accidentally showed me a gift. However, when it turned up in my stocking instead as a gift from her, I figured it out. I never believed in Zeus and was surprised to find out that people did. But I did wonder if Zeus was based on a real person or could have been an alien.

Basically, lack of evidence for existance is one of the beast reasons to assume something is not there.

Quath

Basically, lack of evidence for existance is one of the beast reasons to assume something is not there.

You believe you will have another breath but you can't see the air you breath. You believe the Sun will come up tommorrow based on faith. You beleive in Love because your family loves you but you can't see love. You actually have faith in a lot of things you cannot see.

Eve777 said:
You believe you will have another breath but you can't see the air you breath.
I can feel it.

You believe the Sun will come up tommorrow based on faith.
I base it on repeted patterns being consistent in nature.

You beleive in Love because your family loves you but you can't see love.
I feel love and assume that people acting in a similar manner feel something in a similar manner.

You actually have faith in a lot of things you cannot see.
These things have observations or experiences I can back them up with. God being real has no real feeling in me. It would be very easy for God to show Himself to me. Since He doesn't I assume He is not real or does not want me to believe He is real or He doesn't care.

Quath

You believe the Sun will come up tommorrow

The sun'll come out tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
they'll be sun
just thinking about tomorrow
cleares away the cobwebs and the sorow
'till their none
when i'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely
i just think of my chin and grin and say oh

CHORUS
the sun'll come out tomorrow
so you gotta hang until tomorrow
come what may
tomorrow tomorrow i love ya tomorrow
your always a day away

:-D :-D

Disproving your "gods"

Gary: Do you still believe in Santa or Zeus or the tooth fairy?

Quath: For Tooth Fairy, I think I found my teeth one day. For Santa, my mother accidentally showed me a gift. However, when it turned up in my stocking instead as a gift from her, I figured it out.

Gary: So in both cases, you disproved Santa and the Tooth Fairy because you found out that they were not true and what you had been told was untrue. Your mother had misled you. She would even have admitted that ... eventually. So that analogy to the true living God and His existence is false.

Quath: I never believed in Zeus and was surprised to find out that people did. But I did wonder if Zeus was based on a real person or could have been an alien.

Gary: Sorry, I do not understand. Did you find contemporary people who believe in Zeus?

Quath: Basically, lack of evidence for existence is one of the best reasons to assume something is not there.

Gary: But that is NOT how you disproved Santa and the Tooth Fairy. You exposed the lies of your mother. She will confirm that she misled you.

:) :)

Quath: Basically, lack of evidence for existence is one of the best reasons to assume something is not there.

Lack of evidence for non-existence would mean a thing exists then, by your logic.

Quath said:
evanman said:
Lack of evidence for non-existence would mean a thing exists then, by your logic.
Negating a statement does not always make it true.

Quath

So this would be the same response to someone that says: "Basically, lack of evidence for existence is one of the best reasons to assume something is not there."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back