Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

anti-Christ

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mutzrein

I have noticed in a number of threads, folks accusing others of either being ‘anti-Christ’ or having the ‘spirit of the anti-Christ’.

Now scripture tells us: 1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichristâ€â€he denies the Father and the Son. and 2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Now, in raising this issue, I am not wanting to promote any specific theology but surely if a person acknowledges that Jesus is the Christ he should not have to suffer this accusation irrespective of another element of his theology that is not commonly accepted by Christendom.

Well put......

The accuser of our brothers can be known by what issues from his mouth.
Jesus once said that it is not what goes into a mans mouth that makes him unclean.... but what comes out of it.

If you accuse another of anything..... then know the master you serve, for it is the issue of your own mouth.

Attack Accuse discredit, is not the way of Christ.

Grace and Peace to you all

mutzrein said:
I have noticed in a number of threads, folks accusing others of either being ‘anti-Christ’ or having the ‘spirit of the anti-Christ’.

Now scripture tells us: 1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichristâ€â€he denies the Father and the Son. and 2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Now, in raising this issue, I am not wanting to promote any specific theology but surely if a person acknowledges that Jesus is the Christ he should not have to suffer this accusation irrespective of another element of his theology that is not commonly accepted by Christendom.
Do you agree that the antichrist is simply anyone who denies that Jesus is the Lord God or the Christ.

Indeed, Spirit Driven. There's a fine line between correcting a brother and demeaning him. Of course, discernment also enters in. Unfortunately, if one Christian discerns that another is preaching falsely, he won't think twice about rebuking him as he would a non-Christian.

That's why we should refer to the Scriptures; no judgements should be made by ourselves, but by the Scriptures inspired by God.

scutato said:
Indeed, Spirit Driven. There's a fine line between correcting a brother and demeaning him. Of course, discernment also enters in. Unfortunately, if one Christian discerns that another is preaching falsely, he won't think twice about rebuking him as he would a non-Christian.

That's why we should refer to the Scriptures; no judgements should be made by ourselves, but by the Scriptures inspired by God.

Agreed,

However, what about refuting a position using scripture instead of rebuking?
Rebuking sounds a bit self righteouse to me, after all God is the one who does the revealing to each heart.

Grace and Peace to you

scorpia said:
mutzrein said:

Do you agree that the antichrist is simply anyone who denies that Jesus is the Lord God or the Christ.

I wholeheartedly accept that Jesus is the Christ and He is my Lord but his Father is both His God and mine.

Spirit Driven said:
Well put......

The accuser of our brothers can be known by what issues from his mouth.
Jesus once said that it is not what goes into a mans mouth that makes him unclean.... but what comes out of it.

If you accuse another of anything..... then know the master you serve, for it is the issue of your own mouth.

Attack Accuse discredit, is not the way of Christ.

It is important to know the difference between accusing and rebuking, and it is also important to know who is a brother and a false brother when rebuking. Satan is the accuser of the brothers in Christ Jesus, while he is the father of the false brothers.

But he <Jesus> turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. Luke 9:55

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. Luke 17:3

And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. Luke 19:39

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:11

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Philippians 2:15

Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; 1 Timothy 5:1

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. 1 Timothy 5:20

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Timothy 4:2

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Titus 1:13

These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee. Titus 2:15

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19

Jesus is the one and only Christ. He came to his own and they did not receive him. Jesus explains to the Jews that he is the Son of God, the one who "proceeded forth and came from God". The Jews heard Jesus claim to be the "I am" God, so they gathered up stones to cast at him for blasphemy, claiming to be God.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:58-59

The high priest asked Jesus is he was the Christ. Jesus replied in the manner whereby the high priest rent his clothes saying, "He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. 66 What think ye?" The scribes and the elders replied, "He is guilty of death" (Matthew 26). They recognized that by claiming to be the Christ, he was claiming to be God.

60 And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? 61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? 62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. 63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? 64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death. Mark 14:60-63

In the winter at Jerusalem, the feast of the dedication, Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch where he was asked whether he be the Christ. Jesus answered that he was, so the Jews picked up stones to stone him. Jesus asked them for what good works were they going to stone him for, and they replied that it wasn't for the good works that he was going to be stoned, but because he was a man claiming to be God.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:24-33

With the understanding that the Jewish leaders had at that time, the Christ would be God; therefore, when Jesus spoke of being the Christ, they believed he was a blasphemer which required being stoned by the law. Today the New Age theology teaches that other individuals can attain the "Christ" position with the "Christ Consciousness", and this teaching has watered down the meaning of Christ. The Jewish leaders recognized that Jesus claiming to be the Christ meant that he was claiming to be the "I am", God Almighty.

With the understanding that the Christ is God, then the spirit of antichrist is that which denies that Jesus is God.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:22-23

I don't think this is altogether true, and not a good criteria for recognizing a spirit of anti-Christ.
Look at all of the false teachers, prophets, etc. out there who confess Jesus as Lord, yet they deny Him through their deceptive teachings and lives. We see it all the time here on the forums.
So, theres a lot more to it than mouthing words.
If you deny complete truth you deny the one who gave it, it doesn't matter what you confess out of your mouth if your life and actions speak otherwise.
I have heard so many people say, "well they believe Jesus is the son of God so they must be a christian".
So what? Even the demons believe and tremble.
Its about having the faith to believe evey word that proceeds out of the mouth of God through His word, and walking it out through obedience and personal relationship with the Son.
Spirit AND Truth!

destiny said:
I don't think this is altogether true, and not a good criteria for recognizing a spirit of anti-Christ.
Look at all of the false teachers, prophets, etc. out there who confess Jesus as Lord, yet they deny Him through their deceptive teachings and lives. We see it all the time here on the forums.
If you deny complete truth you deny the one who gave it, it doesn't matter what you confess out of your mouth if your life and actions speak otherwise.
I have heard so many people say, "well they believe Jesus is the son of God so they must be a christian".
Its about having the faith to believe evey word that proceeds out of the mouth of God through His word, and walking it out through obedience and personal relationship with the Son.
Spirit AND Truth!

Destiny
Amen and Amen.
You are so right. I for one will not stand by and let these people like spirit driven preach another Jesus. Simply by looking at Spirits posts, you can tell its not the same Jesus. Mutz. If your directing your post at me and I suspect you are, thats ok, because I will NOT deny Jesus Christ as GOD nor his deity.
My Jesus said that If I deny him before the father he will deny me. If I /we who know the truths as revealed by his Holy Scriptures can't stand up to false teachers on a forum, how will we be able to dod it face to face??????

Matthew 7:1-6 1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. 6 Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Ok, so what does all this mean?

Matthew 7:1-6

7:1 Sometimes these words of our Lord are misconstrued by people to prohibit all forms of judgment. No matter what happens, they piously say, “Judge not, that you be not judged. But Jesus is not teaching that we are to be undiscerning Christians. He never intended that we abandon our critical faculty or discernment. The NT has many illustrations of legitimate judgment of the condition, conduct, or teaching of others. In addition, there are several areas in which the Christian is commanded to make a decision, to discriminate between good and bad or between good and best. Some of these include:

1. When disputes arise between believers, they should be settled in the church before members who can decide the matter (1 Cor. 6:18).

2. The local church is to judge serious sins of its members and take appropriate action (Matt. 18:17; 1 Cor. 5:9-13).

3. Believers are to judge the doctrinal teaching of teachers and preachers by the Word of God (Matt. 7:15-20; 1 Cor. 14:29; 1 Jn. 4:1).

4. Christians have to discern if others are believers in order to obey Pauls command in 2 Corinthians 6:14.

5. Those in the church must judge which men have the qualifications necessary for elders and deacons (1 Tim. 3:1-13).

6. We have to discern which people are unruly, faint hearted, weak, etc., and treat them according to the instructions in the Bible (e.g., 1 Thess. 5:14).

7:2 Jesus warned that unrighteous judgment would be repaid in kind: “For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged. This principle of reaping what we sow is built into all human life and affairs. Mark applies the principle to our appropriation of the Word (4:24) and Luke applies it to our liberality in giving (6:38).

7:35 Jesus exposed our tendency to see a small fault in someone else while ignoring the same fault in ourselves. He purposely exaggerated the situation (using a figure of speech known as hyperbole) to drive home the point. Someone with a plank in his eye often finds fault with the speck in the eye of another, not even noticing his own condition. It is hypocritical to suppose that we could help someone with a fault when we ourselves have a greater fault. We must remedy our own faults before criticizing them in others.

7:6 Verse 6 proves that Jesus did not intend to forbid every kind of judgment. He warned His disciples not to give holy things to dogs or to cast ... pearls before swine . Under the Mosaic Law dogs and swine were unclean animals and here the terms are used to depict wicked people. When we meet vicious people who treat divine truths with utter contempt and respond to our preaching of the claims of Christ with abuse and violence, we are not obligated to continue to share the gospel with them. To press the matter only brings increased condemnation to the offenders.

To read more of Judging
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/Judging.html

John said....

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Paul said....

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

and,

Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

LIKENESS......

Greek for 3667

Pronunciation Guide
homoioma {hom-oy'-o-mah}

TDNT Reference Root Word
TDNT - 5:191,684 from 3666
Part of Speech
n n
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) that which has been made after the likeness of something

a) a figure, image, likeness, representation

b) likeness i.e. resemblance, such as amounts almost to equality or identity

2 John was written well after Paul.....

1. Paul said Jesus came in the likeness of men, or in the likeness of sinful flesh....

2. Likeness of men means similar to, or appearing like...

3. Likeness of sinful flesh.....means looking like, but not really sinful flesh.

4. John states that those with the spirit of antichrist will deny that Christ came in the flesh....

Isn't John giving a warning that Paul has the spirit of antichrist....?

I started a thread similar to this, but no one bit...

Georges
The Apostle Peter sends a Rebuke your way.
2 peter 3 15-18 NIV so you can try and understand it better
15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Speaking of the spirit of the AntiChrist :-?

jgredline said:
Georges
The Apostle Peter sends a Rebuke your way.

Rebuke received and rejected....2 Peter is well know to been written by pseudepigrapher and not by the Apostle Peter....

2 peter 3 15-18 NIV so you can try and understand it better
15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

J...try reading the epistle of Peter to James.....in fact, I'll cut and paste the point of interest...you can do the legwork to find the online resource for the whole epistle....

This is from Peter himself....claiming the opposite of your highlighting...and suggesting to James that his (Peter's) teachings are being twisted by "the enemy"....

Epistle of Peter to James
Peter to James, the lord and bishop of the holy Church, under the Father of all, through Jesus Christ, wishes peace always.

Chapter II.-Misrepresentation of Peter's Doctrine.

In order, therefore, that the like may also happen to those among us as to these Seventy, give the books of my preachings to our brethren, with the like mystery of initiation, that they may indoctrinate those who wish to take part in teaching; for if it be not so done, our word of truth will be rent into many opinions. And this I know, not as being a prophet, but as already seeing the beginning of this very evil. For some from among the Gentiles have rejected my legal preaching, attaching themselves to certain lawless and trifling preaching of the man who is my enemy. And these things some have attempted while I am still alive, to transform my words by certain various interpretations, in order to the dissolution of the law; as though I also myself were of such a mind, but did not freely proclaim it, which God forbid! For such a thing were to act in opposition to the law of God which was spoken by Moses, and was borne witness to by our Lord in respect of its eternal continuance; for thus he spoke: "The heavens and the earth shall pass away, but one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law." And this He has said, that all things might come to pass. But these men, professing, I know not how, to know my mind, undertake to explain my words, which they have heard of me, more intelligently than I who spoke them, telling their catechumens that this is my meaning, which indeed I never thought of. But if, while I am still alive, they dare thus to misrepresent me, how much more will those who shall come after me dare to do so!

Speaking of the spirit of the AntiChrist :-?

Sorry...but I certainly don't deny Jesus was here as 100% man. Can you make that claim for Paul? I provided the verses that Paul stated contrary to that....how about you provide the verses that prove Paul believed that Jesus was here as a man (not likeness of...).

Common....J...... :biggrin

Guys....

You have to remember, that we are those who God foreknew, from before the foundation of the World, we where drawn to the Son by the Father who sent him.
It is also God who hardens the hearts of others and blinds them, because God does eveything after the counsel of his own Will.

Do you believe in Jesus ?.... Yes.... then good you are a Saint.... a Child of God.... and you have full filled Gods Will for you, there is no person more righteouse than another in this regard.

The message of the AntiChrist today, is that the sacrafice of Jesus on the Cross at Calvary, was not enough, that your Sins still stand against you with God, that there is still somthing you have to do to either get right with God or stay right with God...... dont you believe it.
The AntiChrist promotes Jesus as a sad pathetic impotent Saviour, who failed in his mission on the Cross, that Jesus was the weak end of a Formula that requires your vital contribution to work......dont you believe it.

If any one of us was capable of doing anything to save ourselves, then there was no need for Jesus to come and be sacraficed on our behalf.

The Work of the Cross is complete..... IT IS FINISHED!

Spirit Driven said:
Guys....

You have to remember, that we are those who God foreknew, from before the foundation of the World, we where drawn to the Son by the Father who sent him.
It is also God who hardens the hearts of others and blinds them, because God does eveything after the counsel of his own Will.

Do you believe in Jesus ?.... Yes....

Even the demons believe in Jesus....they aren't saints....

then good you are a Saint.... a Child of God.... and you have full filled Gods Will for you, there is no person more righteouse than another in this regard.

With all due respect, there are those who are more righteous than others....those who seek to do the will of God by many righteous deeds will have a higher standing in the Messianic Kingdom then the one who does less....Jesus' parables are very clear about that.

The message of the AntiChrist today, is that the sacrafice of Jesus on the Cross at Calvary, was not enough, that your Sins still stand against you with God, that there is still somthing you have to do to either get right with God or stay right with God...... dont you believe it.

On the contrary, the spirit of antichrist is any teaching other than your salvation depends on repentence with a broken and contreit heart, as well as obeying Jehovah by observing his commandments...When you admit your sin and repent, your sin is not counted toward you...the OT is quite clear on that. That is what Paul (or his intellectual decendents)pervert...Paul would have you not obey the Torah, or hold it as negated...that is the spirit of antichrist because that is against what Jesus taught...Paul caused a perversion of perception in regard to the goal of the Torah...When you attempt to obey Jehovah's commandments, that is what keeps you right with Jehovah.

The AntiChrist promotes Jesus as a sad pathetic impotent Saviour, who failed in his mission on the Cross, that Jesus was the weak end of a Formula that requires your vital contribution to work......dont you believe it.

On the contrary...antichrist is a false christ.....a false christ that is promoted other than the real Christ. The antichrist is a replacement (substitute) of the Real Christ. The perception of the Christ of Nazarene Judaism as opposed the the Christ of Pauline Christianity. They are 2 different ideas.

If any one of us was capable of doing anything to save ourselves, then there was no need for Jesus to come and be sacraficed on our behalf.

Not so.....all the righteous saints of the OT prove that not true....

The Work of the Cross is complete..... IT IS FINISHED!

Not so....the work of the cross has only begun.....

In the OP, a qualification for an antichristi is given....I'll repeat it...

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

If Paul fits that qualification, then guess what? He is an antichrist...no matter what else he writes....or says...

On the contrary...antichrist is a false christ.....a false christ that is promoted other than the real Christ. The antichrist is a replacement (substitute) of the Real Christ. The perception of the Christ of Nazarene Judaism as opposed the the Christ of Pauline Christianity. They are 2 different ideas.

Perhaps you should expound on this with Scripture for the benefit of all...
So far all I see is your own personal opinion.....

Peace

The message of the anti-Christ today is that you can sin all you want and still be in right standing with God.
Nothing is required of you except to believe and recieve Jesus into your heart.
You don't have to be repent, be born again, or live a holy life consecrated to God.
This anti-Christ spirit promotes a jesus who is without holiness or standards. He promotes a cross that is comfortable to all flesh without the discomfort of the crucifiction of sins as a result of Godly repentance.
Come as you are and stay that way is his motto.

The real Jesus said...

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Matthew 16:24 Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Luke 9:62 "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

John 3:1-7
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." -

Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Hebrews 12:16
See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.

Hebrews 10:26-31
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore; if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Theres more! :biggrin

destiny said:
Spirit AND Truth!

Very true!
So it is the denying of the Master by 'our works', if that is the case? Lord, I love you, and believe in you, ...but... I am one of these in John 12:42-43? :sad
--John

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back