Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Antichrist, Babylon of Rev.13,17 explain most history & 9/11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Joshleet said:
It is quite simple to understand the Nature of the one called the coming antichrist. INstead of thinking of Him as an opposite of Christ, we need to view his nature as a deciever, one coming in the place of Christ....

I hear Fundies saying that all the time. Show me the Bible verse where it says that the antichrist is someone who pretends to be Christ. Chapter and verse, please.

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...
No he does not. Just because you found a few isolated quotes by a couple of popes who did not express themselves well does not prove a thing. Over 2000 years there are bound to be some dumb things said. That is nothing compared to the mountain of stupidities uttered by your guru Ellen White.

The Pope is Christs representative. He is the prime minister to the King (Jesus) just as every Davidic King had a prime minister. The Pope is the fulfillment of the office of Prime Minister that existed in the Kindoms of David and his successors (as many things in the NT are fulfillments of their OT "types".)

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call My servant Eliakim the son of Helcias, and I will clothe him with thy Robe, and I will strengthen him with thy Sash, and will give thy Power (authority) into his hand; and he shall be as a FATHER (the word 'Pope' means 'Father') to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. And I will lay the Key of the House of David (the symbol of primacy) upon his shoulder; and he shall open and none shall shut; and he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him as a peg in a Sure Place(the Papal Office), and he shall be for a Throne of glory to the house of his Father. And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his Fathers house, diverse kinds of vessels, every little vessel, from the vessels of cups even to every instrument of music." (Isaiah 22:20-24)

In the Davidic Kingdoms, there was the office of Prime Minister (who actually wore a key on his robe as a symbol of office). This position is what is referred to in the above text and in other historical documents. The Prime Minister spoke in the name of the king in the king's absence. This was an office that existed in the Kindom of David and his successors, one that Jews were very, very familiar with.

So now let's fast-forward to the New Testament: JESUS is the King, the "son of David", in the line of David. The apostles in Matt 16, steeped in there Jewish culture, knew EXACTLY what it meant when Jesus -their King - gave Peter the keys. Peter was to be the Prime Minister of Christ's Kingdom, the "Keeper of the Keys". This is something the apostles were very familiar with, knowing the history of their previous kings.

So this is what the Pope is: Prime Minister of the King's Kingdom. Also, the Pope has a pastoral role, which is established in John 21: 15-17, when Christ told Peter: "feed my lambs.. ..feed my sheep.. ..tend my sheep."

This is the Pope: Prime Minister of Christs Kingdom, and Pastor of the flock. With that in mind, the Papacy is ALL THROUGH the scriptures. Throw into that mix the fact there is ample evidence in the New Testament that Peter was first in authority among the apostles. Whenever they were named, Peter headed the list (Matt. 10:1-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:14-16, Acts 1:13) ; sometimes the apostles were referred to as "Peter and those who were with him" (Luke 9:32). Peter was the one who generally spoke for the apostles (Matt. 18:21, Mark 8:29, Luke 12:41, John 6), and he figured in many of the most dramatic scenes (Matt. 14:28-32, Matt. 17:24-27, Mark 10:23-28 ) . On Pentecost it was Peter who first preached to the crowds (Acts 2:14-40), and he worked the first healing in the Church age (Acts 3:6-7). It is Peter’s faith that will strengthen his brethren (Luke 22:32) and, as I said, Peter is given Christ’s flock to shepherd (John 21:17). An angel was sent to announce the resurrection to Peter (Mark 16:7), and the risen Christ first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34). He headed the meeting that elected Matthias to replace Judas (Acts 1:13-26), and he received the first converts (Acts 2:41). He inflicted the first punishment (Acts 5:1-11), and excommunicated the first heretic (Acts 8:18-23). He led the first council in Jerusalem (Acts 15), and announced the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7-11). It was to Peter that the revelation came that Gentiles were to be baptized and accepted as Christians (Acts 10:46-48 ) .

So, as Cyprian of Carthage said in 251 A.D. (almost a hundred years before Constatine):

" The Lord says to Peter: ‘I say to you,’ he says, ‘that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not overcome it. And to you I will give the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever things you bind on earth shall be bound also in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth, they shall be loosed also in heaven’ [Matt. 16:18–19]). ... On him [Peter] he builds the Church, and to him he gives the command to feed the sheep [John 21:17], and although he assigns a like power to all the apostles, yet he founded a single chair [cathedra], and he established by his own authority a source and an intrinsic reason for that unity. Indeed, the others were also what Peter was [i.e., apostles], but a primacy is given to Peter, whereby it is made clear that there is but one Church and one chair. So too, all [the apostles] are shepherds, and the flock is shown to be one, fed by all the apostles in single-minded accord. If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church?" - The Unity of the Catholic Church 4; 1st edition [A.D. 251]).

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE TO MY FIRST POST: 9/11 WAS GOD'S WARNING THAT AMERICA WILL SOON BE MADE UTTERLY DESOLATE (Isaiah 13) BEFORE OTHER NATIONS ARE

Mystery Babylon of Revelation 17-18, Isaiah 13-14, 47-48; Jeremiah 50-51; etc. is America (as many websites & my own show) & New York City, and there are many cities & nations which God made fit the description of Babylon to foreshadow the fall of America & NYC.

Astoundingly, there are approximately forty cities on "seven hills" (Rev. 17:9), & many of them exceedingly resemble "Babylon the great whore" of Revelation 17-18 of whose wine all the nations drink, which is described as both a "woman" & "the great city," and who commits adultery against God, as opposed to the bride of Christ mentioned immediately afterward in Rev. 19! No wonder 17:9 calls special attention to the fact that Babylon is on seven hills by saying "here is the mind that has wisdom." These many cities on seven hills include (which are all discussed thoroughly on my website):

-the source & headquarters of the anti-Christ world religions including but not limited to Judaism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Islam, Buddhism, & Hinduism: Jerusalem, Rome where Vatican City is located and which ruled the Roman Empire before it fell, Constantinople/Byzantium/Istanbul which ruled the Byzantine Empire before it fell & Moscow which ruled the Soviet Union before it fell, Mecca in Saudi Arabia the pilgrimage city of Islam, Macau in China where about 93% of the population is Buddhist & which is the home of the Chinese Buddhist Communities Project "to make an important contribution to the cause of interreligious dialogue worldwide" & of the "Centre of Buddhist Studies," and Tirumala in India which is home to a Hindu temple "visited by about 60,000 people daily, making it the second most visited holy place after the Vatican in Rome"
---Catholicism & Orthodoxy have a "woman" associated with them: Virgin Mary also called "the Queen of Heaven" & "Madonna," who exceedingly resembles the "Queen of Heaven" & Queen of Babylon Semiramis who too was worshipped together with her son Tammuz who resembles Jesus in many uncommon ways

-Hollywood (sometimes called "Hollywood Babylon"), whose "Hollywood Hills" has seven hills, and which is home to many women like Madonna & Britney Spears who resemble the great harlot of whose wine "all the nations drink"
-Seattle the most irreligious city in the U.S., San Francisco (called "Babylon by the Bay") where the Church of Satan was founded in 1966, & Melbourne in Australia

New York City (a.k.a. "Gotham" or "town of fools": the city where Batman [open in new window Part Three of Table of Contents] a type of the Antichrist "king of Babylon" [Is. 14:14] rules & who originally roamed NYC): Manhattan means "island of many hills" (due to its many hills such as "Murray Hill") as well as "whiskey" (& Babylon the great whore is said in 17:2 to make the nations "drunk"!)
---apparently only town in the world officially called Babylon is in Long Island, New York, in the suburbs of New York City, which is the home of the Amityville Horror, the most famous of all haunted places as Babylon the Great which is "the habitation of devils" [Rev. 18:2](Interview with Amityville House owner)AmityvilleHorrorTruth!!!)
---the headquarters of the worldwide Church of Satan from 2001-present, formerly centered in San Francisco "the city on seven hills"!!! and of the United Nations which "reigneth over the kings of the Earth" (17:18)
---There are only seven neighborhoods with the word "hill" in EACH of these boroughs of New York City: Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, as Mystery Babylon sits on "seven hills"
---Furthermore, there are many echoes of 9/11 in the Bible in connection with Babylon: for instance, all the merchants of the world weep in Revelation 18 (which is 9x2) beginning in verse 11 because Babylon the/a center of world trade has "fallen"; and the destruction of the Tower of Babylon at a time when there is a global language like English is today is mentioned only in the first 9 verses of Genesis 11.
---Furthermore, there are many uncommon resemblances between the Statue of "Liberty Enlightening the World" & both Jesus "the light of the world" (as Satan says "I will be like the most High" in Is. 14:14) and the whore of Babylon. (for much more on 9/11 in the Bible, see below, the end of the Table of Contents, & Part Three; this website argues that NYC is Babylon the Great)

I will give you credit for your imagination. I also confess that, even though I am not a preterist, it's analogies like these that make me appreciate a more historical interpretation of prophecy. :yes

The problem with many of these future predictions is, they never really come to pass. :gah

vic C. said:
....it's analogies like these that make me appreciate a more historical interpretation of prophecy. :yes

Now, if we can just get you to embrace the sabbath.... :lol

Arj said:
Could the city be Mecca and the wine,oil?
I don't know, but it sure as heck makes a lot more sense to say that Muslims are antichrist, and that perhaps a Muslim will be THE antichrist.

The whole Fundie viewpoint revolves around the idea that Christianity will be the dominant religion wherever this antichrist pops up. Who says that is will be the case? Islam is on the rise. They may even engulf Europe. The antichrist may well be a Muslim, and his sidekick religious leader may well be some mufti or imam. Now THAT makes more sense then any of this anti-Catholic drivel I've heard.

St Francis,
"Fundie" sounds like some kind of ice cream dessert served at McDonald's.

I present much evidence on my site that Mystery Babylon IS the USA. Many other cities like Mecca (with its oil) & Rome were made by God to be lesser reflections or foreshadowings of the Babylonian nature of the USA and its chief city NYC. It is no accident that both Mecca & Rome are on the list of "cities on seven hills." But many US cities like NYC, Hollywood, Seattle, San Francisco, also fit this description to show that the USA is THE Mystery Babylon.

godislove85 said:
I present much evidence on my site that Mystery Babylon IS the USA.

The United States is the beast that makes an image to the first beast, commonly referred to as the "false prophet." The image of the "first beast" is Capitoline Hill in Rome, the house of Jupiter. The image in the United States is "Capitol Hill." House of Jupiter. Jupiter = Sun God.

Mystery Babylon has always been the false versus true.

Muslims will dominate the population in australia in around 50 years,it has been predicted.A result of their huge birthrate.

Back