Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] anxiety

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

JJsaint

Hello - I would like to ask if it would be possible to help pray for my anxiety to go away.
It is very strong,it is anxiety in general that I have everyday and I don't really like to leave my house.I have had it for a very long time.It is very difficult,I don't know what to do about it.so I don't know how to go about this except please help with prayer and if you know any good Psalms that could be used in prayer,perhaps they could be posted?

Thankyou,

JJ

btw if you have any questions,ask.

I'll be praying. I have anxiety too and it's pretty bad. Have you talked to a doctor about this? I know anxiety sucks. How long have you had this? :sad

I'll be praying. I have anxiety too and it's pretty bad. Have you talked to a doctor about this? I know anxiety sucks. How long have you had this? :sad

Doctor?
Last year,I have had kind of on and off.I would say I had it when I was 11 yo,but now again it has come back stronger.,it prevents me from doing things outside,since I also have epilepsy that also increases the anxiety that I would fall down and have a seizure when I am alone,I usually get up feeling anxious and go to bed feeling anxious.

I have seen Psychiatrists,Psychologists,Counsellors etc etc it just seems impossible.

I'm not really sure what to do now I don't want to fall down and die but my anxiety places all these weird thoughts in my mind that something bad will happen.

Since I do not go outside often,I sometimes go with my mother but by myself I do not,I do go in the backyard as there is a big backyard with a dog but I do not really dare go to the front yard..
It sounds weird but I feel people will be watching me or looking at me,it is kind of annoying.

I have tried those breathing exercises and muscle relaxation,which was given to me in the past but it is still too strong.

I am not sure that I pictured what I will be doing when I was grown up,as I am 24.
Since I do not do much or go anywhere much,this is not what I pictured.

All this anxiety is confusing and annoying and makes me angry,I want it gone.

For me, my anxiety just makes me freak out. It usually happens because of people stressing me out or I stress myself out or something like that.

I have had those I-don't-want-to-be-alone-nasty-stomach-gets-all-nervous type feelings. It's not like yours but I see where you're coming from. I went through a time where I didn't want to go outside either because I was afraid I was going to get kidnapped or something bad was going to happen. I was about 8 or 9 I think then.

Well don't give up on trying to find help ok? What has made the diffference with me is finding the RIGHT doctors. Maybe you just need to find the right doctor.

It's not hopeless. You will get through this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back