Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Any Teen Musiciain's out there?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

DocStrokes

Hey I'm new to these forums but I'm sure glad I found them! I think christian teens need a place like this to hang out. Anyways like the title asks are any of you musicians? I play piano and guitar and I'm a member of our school's A Capella choir. I think music is wonderful and I play two to three sundays a month in our church worship band. I'm also in a band with some friends of mine. We are one of very few christian bands in our area so I was wondering if anyone else had a band or just loves music!

There are actually a few young Christian musicians on here, but most I've seen of them are in the music section. Still though, wouldn't hurt posting in 2 areas. Also, welcome to forums, and may we banish the pure evil of Nine Hells and the Abyss, together! :)

Okay I'll check out the music section too. Thanks for the welcome I hope to become a regular here! Thanks

Dalen, I know this is a bit off the subject, but what is it with your siggy. Is it some sort of game?

By the by, I too am a musician. I sing Bass II and play trombone.

Well, you could call it a game, but I call it real life...

It's a D&D thing, basically, it's how my cleric is advancing in the game.
Don't even ask why I feel the need to put it in :)

Dungeons and Dragons? That's not too popular in Christian circles...

Still, I think its not bad if you don't get carried away, which you obviously aren't. :wink:

Definetly not obssessed....................................................... :lol: ......................

Cool do you sing in choir at your HS? We are traveling to Europe next year and I'm very excited to go. We just got a new director so this year will be very interesting. Have you heard of Ska music? The band im in we are starting to write some Ska songs and Ska rocks if you don't know what it is it's "punk-rockish" guitar with brass and its super awesome.

Doc, have you heard of the OC Supertones? They're a Christian Ska band you might enjoy, but I don't think they've made an new album in a year or two.

I sing in the Choir and the Chamber Chior, a smaller, more sellect group, in my High School. We don't go oversees, but we take the whole music department on a trip to some city on the east coast every two years. I've been to Annapolis, Charlston, and this year I'm going to Orlando.

Our Music Department consists of the Chior, Chamber Chior, Concert Band, Jazz Band, and Marching Band, of which I am a member of all. For the past three years I've also participated in the All Shore Chorus (Second Bass II), a regional select chorus in my state. This last year I was in the All Shore Symphonic Band (Third Chair), and I intend to do that, the All Shore Chorus, and the All Shore Jazz band this year, since it's my senior year.

I also sing for my church every once and a while, so I'm pretty musically active.

I have heard of the OC Supertones but never listened to any of their stuff. We have an A Capella choir, Bards which is an all mens group, Chorale which is an all womens group then we have Concert Band, Jazz Band and Marching Band. Then we have two orchestra's. I don't play anything in band I never have I'm not sure why but I've been in choir since I can remember. I play guitar in church whenever our contemporary worship band plays so I try to be as active musically as I can. I'm probably going to go to college for something music related. It's my junior year so I still have time but God will guide me to where I should be so I'm not worried.

I play piano :biggrin

I guess I'm pretty good, but considering I've been learning about 10 years now , I should be a lot better. I never used to practise much, you see.

At my church, we sing acapella always (because instruments in worship are not authorised in the bible, not that they're condemned either), so I don't play piano for the church.

I mainly play classical music. When I play piano, classical music is king. Mainly because it's so challenging and fun.

I play violin and I sing whenever i get a chance........finally, someone who appreciates classical music in a good light. Of course, i luv head-bangin', hard rock Christian music and Lynard Skynard........Rock On!!

SkIlLeT RoX!

I'm in my church band 3 out of 4 weeks of the month (or 4 out of 5 weeks).

I play piano, clarinet, drums, guitar and voice.

w00t!

:tongue

i paly flute/piccolo and sing soprano 1 in our choir. i love music but our band director has made band unfun, which is possible

It's awesome to see there are more of us teens who love Christ and music out there! I just started playing bass with my church worship band now. It's a ton of fun because you have some room to improvise unlike just playing guitar chords. I love it!

I used to play E guitar for the north branch of our church for awhile but didn't feel called to be there any longer, now i'm being apprenticed to be a worship leader starting with sunday school aged kids. Working my way up. I play acoustic guitar as well, but because it doesn't have an input jack it wont work with a PA and sounds terrible mic'd. Anyone else have trouble singing and playing?

i go to church of christ and we don't have music during worship

i'm in band and choir at school though

(soprano!)

How do you worship with no music? This is a new concept to me, i am intrigued.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back