Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Apostle Paul's 'Temple of God'

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DavidT

Brethren, there is a doctrine by some that the "temple of God" which Apostle Paul warned of in 2 Thessalonians 2, which the coming false one is to sit in, is the spiritual temple idea of Ephesians 2 which Christ is over. That idea is a blatant error of interpretation away from what Apostle Paul was clearly giving us warning about for the end of this world.

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
KJV

Some of men's doctrines are trying to say that "temple of God" above represents the below spiritual temple idea that Apostle Paul taught in Ephesians...

Eph 2:18-22
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
KJV

Let me ask you brethren, can that "holy temple" that our Lord Jesus is The Chief Cornerstone of, and its foundation made up of His Apostles and God's prophets, ever be corrupted by man??? In other words, can Christ ever be corrupted, literally?

The answer to that of course is absolutely not! If any believer falls away, they cut themselves off from Christ's "holy temple" that He is over. It is impossible... to corrupt! It is a spiritual temple, a holy temple. Not even Satan can corrupt it! And any honest believer that has put their Faith in Jesus Christ as The Son of God should know better than to think Christ's spiritual temple could be corrupted by anything! If it could be, then it would mean Christ's Salvation could be stopped, and we well know that ain't true.

That Truth then reveals the "temple of God" that Apostle Paul pointed to in 2 Thessalonians 2, is about a literal temple building that the coming "man of sin" will sit in, and try to play God. Some will say, "Why then did Paul call it the temple of God?" That's simple, it is because that Lord Jesus warned us in His Olivet discourse that a pseudo-Christ is coming to play Christ, and to not believe it (Matthew 24:23-26). Further, He also linked that coming false one to Jerusalem and the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in a standing temple per the Book of Daniel.

In the Book of Daniel, with the "vile person" representing the future pseudo-Christ at the end, it shows he will cause the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem to end, and then the placing of the "abomination that maketh desolate", which is about an idol placed inside a standing temple in Jerusalem.

The following events are about the coming pseudo-Christ for the very end of this world, for the time of "great tribulation":

Dan 11:21-32
21 And in his estate shall stand up
a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

That verse shows that "vile person" will be made king in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is where this is taking place for the end. Some will instead say this was history, fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes in 165-170 B.C. However, Jesus quoted about this placing of the abomination of desolation about 200 years after... Antiochus had died, so what timing do you think it is for, since Jesus was giving us Signs of the very end in His Olivet discourse where He mentioned this? Not hard to figure out brethren, as long as we stick with God's Word as written.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
23 And after
the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

This "vile person" is the same one pointed to in the Daniel 9:27 verse that says he will make a covenant, and in the middle of that symbolic "one week" (i.e., 7 years), will end the sacrifices, and instead setup the abomination of desolation. This "league" here is that covenant he will make, and we learn later here in Daniel 11 that means a reaffirming of the Old Covenant with animal sacrifices established again in latter day Jerusalem. The "small people" points to his doing this through a small group of Jewish leadership in Jerusalem.

24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.
26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.
27 And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.
28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and
his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.

What "holy covenant"? These events Daniel is being shown are about Daniel's people and Jerusalem. So this is about the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem for the end.

Even today, orthodox Judaism does not accept Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ (Messiah). They still believe they are under the old covenant, which for proper worship to them means the requirement of a standing Jewish temple, and animal sacrifices. One can go to the website templemountfaithful.org and see how those orthodox Jews are preparing to build a 3rd temple in Jerusalem, and start up the old covenant worship again there. (Don't be deceived into thinking this cannot happen, just because the Dome of The Rock is upon the Temple Mount. Some religious leaders of Islam have been saying that the Jews have always had their temple in Jerusalem back in history, so don't believe these events are not possible just because some refuse to believe these Scriptures as written. Always be aware of men's agenda that goes against the written Word of God.)

29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return,
and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

That is very important to understand. That "vile person" will secretly be against the re-establishing of the old covenant and sacrifices again. His having intelligence with those Jews who forsake that "holy covenant" represent the false Jews that Jesus called the "synagogue of Satan" in Revelation 2 and 3. They actually are of the children of darkness that work for Satan. That is why they would forsake that "holy covenant". They are not true Jews, but false ones crept in unawares, like the "tares" in Jesus' parable of the tares of the field. We first learn about those in study of The Old Testament, like 1 Kings 9:19-21, and 1 Chronicles 2:55, which reveals the scribes of Israel were actually not born of Israel at all, but were of the Kenite people that originated in the lands of Canaan per Genesis 15:18-21.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and
they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

That is the event Lord Jesus was warning us about for Jerusalem at the end, per Matthew 24:15 with the placing of the "abomination of desolation" which is about the setting up of an idol in false worship inside a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem. Jesus warned that when His servants in Jerusalem see that happen, to get out of Judea, flee to the mountains. In the Luke 21:20-21 version, Jesus said for those of us in the countries to not enter into Jerusalem at that time.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
KJV

There's that group of false Jews again that work against that old covenant once it's setup again there for the end. That "vile person" will corrupt those using flatteries. Aren't those flatteries one of the things Lord Jesus rebuked the blind Pharisees for? (Matthew 23:1-39)

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. The last siege and destruction of the 2nd Temple and the wall was in 70AD as a revolt led by Titus as he broke through the walls and destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem. The wall and the Temple were never rebuilt, nor will it be in the future. The Temple mount laid waste until the Dome of the Rock was built on it in 691AD by the caliph Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan. The Islamic control over the Dome of the Rock will never surrender the original temple mount back to the Jews.

The last decree to build and restore Jerusalem, including the building of the second Temple that took 49 days/49 prophetic years, came around 538BC with the decree given to Ezra by King Cyrus. Through much oppositions the city, walls and the second Temple were completed on the third day of the month Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of King Darius II around 417BC as he reigned from 423BC to 404BC, Ezra Chapter 1-6. This was part of the vision given to Daniel as the full prophecy given to him is found in Daniel Chapters 9-12.

During the first six trumpets we read all the destruction that will befall earth and its inhabitants during God's great wrath being poured out into the world on those who are none of Christ as they refuse to repent. This will be worldwide which will cause much chaos and great fear in the hearts of those who have no understanding, Hosea 4:6, 7. They will be seeking a type of savior, yet rejecting the very Savior, Christ Jesus, who wants to save them.

During the sounding of the seventh trumpet they will accept this deceptive savior who is the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, who will take his seat in Jerusalem on the very Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock sits and even now is being refurbished for the son of perdition to take his literal seat. He will try and rule the nations for 3 1/2 years causing all to bow down and take its mark as he promises peace and safety displaying lying signs and wonders claiming he is God. Those who refuse will be taken captive and dealt with as many Christians will either become a slave or die a martyr's death, Rev 13.

Matthew 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21, At the end of the 3 1/2 years of the beast and its false prophet, Christ returns with His army (warring angels) from heaven and fights the final battle destroying the beast and false prophet by the spirit (word) of His mouth and the brightness of His coming, 2 Thessalonians 2:8, casting both into the lake of fire. Then will Christ destroy the remnant being those who followed after the beast out of the earth from every nation that have always followed and obeyed the beast.

The Temple of God now dwells in those who are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit. We no longer look for Temples built by hand for the true Temple of God is within us.

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Acts 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Acts 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Just a Note brethren in Christ...

The 7th Trumpet of Revelation 11 is when Lord Jesus returns, NOT when a false one comes to sit in the Dome of the Rock.

In Matthew 24:23-26, Lord Jesus was NOT... warning about a Muslim pseudo-Christ (notice Jesus said a pseudochristos, meaning a 'false Christ' per the Greek, not one of a different religion, but The Messiah prophesied to the JEWS in The Old Testament.)

Anyone who actually knows what The Bible says would never, ever, make the mistake of saying that coming false one will try to claim to be someone other than a Jewish Messiah as prophesied in God's Word.

I believe its the inspiration given through old testament texts concerning the Antichrist. I do not believe the verse has any other meaning attached to it.

I believe its the inspiration given through old testament texts concerning the Antichrist. I do not believe the verse has any other meaning attached to it.
Shall I counter with what I believe?
I see no benefit of that.

I might ask which exact verse you are referring to?

The old covenant was about a physical temple attacked by a physical attacker, and physically sits on a physical throne.
I agree with you in a sense. I also tend to agree that this is a type and shadow of the coming antichrist.

Seals? / Done deal that is to occur? / Something that will take place. May seem kind of hidden, but is revelant.

A falling away must occur ( sealed document like a last will and testament ? ). Since I want Jesus to return, I have to know the falling away to be coming. ( Can’t get around the falling away. So a warning is given ).

The New Testament Christian has Jesus hidden in our heart ( in symbolic form ) and spiritually if you have opened the door and invited him in. Jesus is right in the middle of the falling away to give the power to overcome.

Verse 19 calls for repentance
Then
Revelation 3:20 - 22
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Satan may enter part of the church, but will he enter all individuals?

Now how does a Mississippi redneck possibly deal with this without the Holy Spirit? Quickening Spirit?

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back