Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Apple gets malware from Java Exploit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

http://blogs.computerworld.com/malw...yes-mac-malware-real-even-apple-hacked-itbwcw

I'm still waiting for the usual "insightless" comments (not necessarily at this forum) "If more people would use Macs and Linux, there'd be just as many viruses on them as Microsoft."

No.....that's not true, nor are Macs dropping like flies at all. As a matter of fact, MANY people in my family own Macs, and I don't know of any that had a virus over the years. The only thing I knew of was my son in his college days had someone control his Mac remotely (hacked) but that was not from malware. Turning it off cured the problem and did not happen since. I guess it's those computer science guys messing with him for all I know, especially a popular guy like he was (it always pays to keep low profiles :lol).

If you read the comments to this article, one person talks about "Microsoft and Linux fanboys". I take issue with that. As a Linux "fanboy", I never, ever blasted Macs or Androids, Unix cousins of sorts. My only gripe with Mac is the expense, and also there were some installed apps that made one question privacy, but never, ever the virus mayhem where the computer does all sorts of weird stuff and practically destroys itself just by visiting a web site with a drive-by. Nevertheless, a Mac is an expensive OS, albeit a very good one, and we won't see them dropping in droves any time soon. Trust me on that despite the Mac-haters wishful thinking.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back