Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are Calvinists the Only True Christians?

Do these quotes make Calvinism a cult?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When God is removed then it's impossible to do the Will of God?
Doing the Will of God is required for Righteousness but with God removed there is no Righteousness found.
Doing the Will of God produces Fruit aka Works of Righteousness!
Doing NOT the Will of God produces No Fruit aka Works of Un-Righteousness!
The Children Born of God, do the Work's of the Spirit because they Obey the Will of God!
Ephesians 5:15-20

One does nothing...it is God who regenerates....we can't regenerate ourselves.
  • When the jailer in Acts 16 asked "what must I do to be saved"? Paul didn't answer "One does nothing". When the Jews on Pentecost in Acts 2 cried "men and brethren, what shall we do"? Peter didn't answer, "one does nothing". In 2 Thess. 1:7-9, when Jesus returns, vengeance will be taken on those who "obey not the gospel" and will be "punished with everlasting destruction--". I challenge you once again, or any other Calvinist to meet this issue on the one-on-one.

• When the jailer in Acts 16 asked "what must I do to be saved"? Paul didn't answer "One does nothing". When the Jews on Pentecost in Acts 2 cried "men and brethren, what shall we do"? Peter didn't answer, "one does nothing". In 2 Thess. 1:7-9, when Jesus returns, vengeance will be taken on those who "obey not the gospel" and will be "punished with everlasting destruction--". I challenge you once again, or any other Calvinist to meet this issue on the one-on-one.

Your dead in your sins and trespasses..Eph 2:1

We were then made alive in Christ...SAVED. Eph 2:5

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

I'm beginning to think you are pushing cult material on this forum...saying your faith is the only correct faith.
Christians can be found in many denomination. I am not compromising my faith in saying so...and am not rejecting the Bible for man made doctrines....as you seem to suggest every view different from your view is man made.
All I have said, which the bible says, there is ONE faith. So the question so many ask "what faith are you?" has no biblical basis at all but shows a total lack of understanding of the bible. Ephesians 4:4-5 is cult material? How many is "ONE"? Simplest of questions I can ask people and either people do not know how many one is or they simply reject the fact Christ established, died for and is the Head of ONE that goes by ONE faith. In the Ephesian 5:21-26 e, Christ used the institution of marriage to show His relationship to the church. Christ is not a spiritual polygamist with thousands of brides/wives. 2 Corinthians 11:2 one husband married to one pure bride. And anything NOT of that one body and one faith will be rooted up Matthew 15:13 at judgment.

All I have said, which the bible says, there is ONE faith. So the question so many ask "what faith are you?" has no biblical basis at all but shows a total lack of understanding of the bible. Ephesians 4:4-5 is cult material? How many is "ONE"? Simplest of questions I can ask people and either people do not know how many one is or they simply reject the fact Christ established, died for and is the Head of ONE that goes by ONE faith. In the Ephesian 5:21-26 e, Christ used the institution of marriage to show His relationship to the church. Christ is not a spiritual polygamist with thousands of brides/wives. 2 Corinthians 11:2 one husband married to one pure bride

A bible verse is not cult material....it's what a person does with the Bible verses that makes it cult material.

You positioned yourself with the opinion you have the only correct view....and if you don't base your salvation on works, you don't have salvation.

Salvation produces obedience........obedience doesn't produce salvation.

That is backwards from how the bible has it.

One must first obey God's will then God saves. Not one example under the NT gospel where God saved anyone while they remained impenitent in their disobedience to God's will.

Romans 6:17-18, note the order of events:
1) servants of unrighteousness (disobedient)
2) obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine (obedient)
3) then freed from sin-justified (saved)

Obedience BEFORE justification.

The First Church I attended(~1984) seemed to be interested in playing black sabbath records backwards to show how evil it was.
The First Church the Wife & I attended(~1989) informed us that they believed the Calvinist Stuff.
The Last Doctor I attended informed me first that she was a Lesbian.
I view all three cases as Weird since they completely Missed the Mark!
I needed Jesus & a Doctor, why are they putting this other junk first?

Calvin to me at the time seemed to have something do with Calvin Klein Jeans since they was popular at the time.
Calvin to me at the present time doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot, I don't care no more now then I did back then.
The very long college test I took said that I leaned more towards Calvinism then Arminianism.
After taking numerous college classes on the subjects it still didn't seem to matter to me & Thank God I don't remember none of it but it's up there somewhere in my brain stored, hopefully stored away somewhere secure!

Judging any of these groups to Hell, might not work out very well in the End for ya, so enjoy your drunken dance around the abyss of Hell, please try not to fall in!:pray

God Bless!

A bible verse is not cult material....it's what a person does with the Bible verses that makes it cult material.

You positioned yourself with the opinion you have the only correct view....and if you don't base your salvation on works, you don't have salvation.

How many is one? Is it a 'cult thing' to think 1=1?

Ephesians 4:4-5 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"
2 Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."
Philippians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;"
Philippians 2:2 "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."
Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
1 Peter 3:8 "Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:"
Ephesians 2:16 "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"
1 Corinthians 12:13 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,..."

Man made denominationalism goes against all the oneness found in these verses.

NO one under the NT gospel is saved by doing nothing.

Wrong. DEAD wrong.
Remember your dead in your sins and trespasses. You can't even come close to being obedient.
Regeneration MUST happen first. You must be born again.

An accountable adult is in and remains in a state of unrighteousness and disobedience, he is 'dead' as you said and remains dead/lost until he decides to do righteousness/obey THEN God saves. Again, you cannot show a single example of anyone under the NT gospel that God saved while that person remained in unrighteousness/disobedience.

Paul clearly laid out the order of events in Roman 6:17-18
1) servants of unrighteousness
2) obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine
3) then freed from sin - servants of righteousness

How many is one? Is it a 'cult thing' to think 1=1?

Ephesians 4:4-5 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"
2 Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."
Philippians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;"
Philippians 2:2 "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."
Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
1 Peter 3:8 "Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:"
Ephesians 2:16 "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"
1 Corinthians 12:13 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,..."

Man made denominationalism goes against all the oneness found in these verses.

NO one under the NT gospel is saved by doing nothing.

I don' disagree with Eph 4.
When you add works based salvation...you add to the gospel.

Your salvation is determined before you are even born.

Romans 9: 10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—

An accountable adult is in and remains in a state of unrighteousness and disobedience, he is 'dead' as you said and remains dead/lost until he decides to do righteousness/obey THEN God saves. Again, you cannot show a single example of anyone under the NT gospel that God saved while that person remained in unrighteousness/disobedience.

Paul clearly laid out the order of events in Roman 6:17-18
1) servants of unrighteousness
2) obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine
3) then freed from sin - servants of righteousness

It's not your righteousness that allows you to be saved....It's Christ Jesus' righteousness.
Through Christ righteousness and ONLY through Christ righteousness can we perform a righteousness act.

Considering it is the blood of our God Jesus Christ that purifies us from sin...this must be speaking of a moral purification (how we treat each other) brought about by obeying the truth of the Spirit.

I love the next verse....it speaks of eternal security:
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable,through the living and enduring word of God.

Please post the scripture that says anything about "moral" purification.

The scripture I quoted shows us how we are born again, and how we are cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

The scripture I quoted shows us how we are born again, sir, through obeying the truth.

That is how we are regenerated; Born again. Obeying the truth; Obeying the Gospel.

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 1 Peter 1:22-23

The Blood of Jesus is what cleanses us from our sins: His Blood.

How the blood of Jesus is applied to us personally, in which our sins are cleansed is through obeying the Gospel.

This is called the obedience of faith.

This is how we are justified, and forgiven of our sins.

The Gospel must be obeyed for the blood of Jesus to purify and cleanse us.

JLB

Last edited:
Your dead in your sins and trespasses..Eph 2:1

We were then made alive in Christ...SAVED. Eph 2:5

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Yes, we are dead in our "sins and trespasses", Eph.2:1
Yes, we can be "made alive in Christ...SAVED. Eph.2:5.
Yes, it is not by human works that we do. Human works of righteousness DO NOT save, only doing what God says we must DO. Answer that in my post please.
Does one have to believe? Yes or no?
When one believes, is that something one does? Yes or no?
Is that belief a work of God or of man?
If you do not know, read Jn.6:29.
Who is speaking in John 6:29? Jesus or a Calvinist?
The same may be said in the next step in the process of being saved. MEET THIS ISSUE ON THE ONE-ON-ONE, you or any Calvinist.

It's not your righteousness that allows you to be saved....It's Christ Jesus' righteousness.
Through Christ righteousness and ONLY through Christ righteousness can we perform a righteousness act.

Amen! :salute

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:2-4

• His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness

We are given all things that pertain to eternal life and living a godly life, by His Spirit, the Spirit of [eternal] life in Christ Jesus, so that we have the power to walk according to the Spirit, and not practice the works of the flesh.

Which is why we are commanded:

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 2 Peter 1:5-9

• giving all diligence, add to your faith:
  • virtue
  • to virtue knowledge
  • to knowledge self-control
  • to self-control perseverance
  • to perseverance godliness
  • to godliness brotherly kindness, and
  • to brotherly kindness love.

JLB

Please post the scripture that says anything about "moral" purification.

The scripture I quoted shows us how we are born again, and how we are cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

The scripture I quoted shows us how we are born again, sir, through obeying the truth.

That is how we are regenerated; Born again. Obeying the truth; Obeying the Gospel.

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 1 Peter 1:22-23

The Blood of Jesus is what cleanses us from our sins: His Blood.

How the blood of Jesus is applied to us personally, in which our sins are cleansed is through obeying the Gospel.

This is called the obedience of faith.

This is how we are justified, and forgiven of our sins.

The Gospel must be obeyed for the blood of Jesus to purify and cleanse us.

JLB

The above in red is moral.

The answer stares every one of us in the face and resides there from the time we reach the age of responsibility until we pass over into eternity. The issue is we humans cannot relate to it.

God is Omnipotent (Job 42:2) or in other words, there nothing God cannot do but the important here is God is Omniscient. (Psalm 147:4-5) That one is difficult get a grip on, and when one tosses in Omnipresent it is truly impossible for us to relate to. Most, easily, accept that the Holy Spirit can be in any person, if they have been saved but this is deeper than that.

To begin to understand requires some very deep thought and to some, is an impossible thought. God created this Time/Space Continuum where we live. Therefore, God is not contained within it.

In 1Kings 8:27 we begin to get an idea of what this means. And time, in our Time/Space Continuum is to God, meaningless. (2Pet. 3:8) God has never been constrained by what we know as our Extreme Limits. In fact, I read that God wrote the Book of Life before He created the first thing we would need to live.

This renders most people's knowledge of God's Foreknowledge impudent. God, I suggest, is, right this instant is everywhere on the Earth as well as He is in Heaven but like a book that you have not finished the ending has been written and is there to be read, so is God already in the future. I suggest to you that coupling these truths together that without any Interference from our God, he knew the very instant I would yield to His love before the Creation because He was already there, placing our Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent God, literally, everywhere every time, right now.

That is how a man can have Free Will and be, Predestined. They do not cancel each other out, proving God"s ways are not our ways.

Amen! :salute

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:2-4

• His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness

We are given all things that pertain to eternal life and living a godly life, by His Spirit, the Spirit of [eternal] life in Christ Jesus, so that we have the power to walk according to the Spirit, and not practice the works of the flesh.

Which is why we are commanded:

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 2 Peter 1:5-9

• giving all diligence, add to your faith:
  • virtue
  • to virtue knowledge
  • to knowledge self-control
  • to self-control perseverance
  • to perseverance godliness
  • to godliness brotherly kindness, and
  • to brotherly kindness love.

JLB

I don't disagree. I also know without Christ Jesus...we can't do it.

The answer stares every one of us in the face and resides there from the time we reach the age of responsibility until we pass over into eternity. The issue is we humans cannot relate to it.

God is Omnipotent (Job 42:2) or in other words, there nothing God cannot do but the important here is God is Omniscient. (Psalm 147:4-5) That one is difficult get a grip on, and when one tosses in Omnipresent it is truly impossible for us to relate to. Most, easily, accept that the Holy Spirit can be in any person, if they have been saved but this is deeper than that.

To begin to understand requires some very deep thought and to some, is an impossible thought. God created this Time/Space Continuum where we live. Therefore, God is not contained within it.

In 1Kings 8:27 we begin to get an idea of what this means. And time, in our Time/Space Continuum is to God, meaningless. (2Pet. 3:8) God has never been constrained by what we know as our Extreme Limits. In fact, I read that God wrote the Book of Life before He created the first thing we would need to live.

This renders most people's knowledge of God's Foreknowledge impudent. God, I suggest, is, right this instant is everywhere on the Earth as well as He is in Heaven but like a book that you have not finished the ending has been written and is there to be read, so is God already in the future. I suggest to you that coupling these truths together that without any Interference from our God, he knew the very instant I would yield to His love before the Creation because He was already there, placing our Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent God, literally, everywhere every time, right now.

That is how a man can have Free Will and be, Predestined. They do not cancel each other out, proving God"s ways are not our ways.

Why does this thread no have a like button?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back