Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Are evil thoughts a sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Have you ever wondered, am I accountable to God for my thoughts? Can thoughts be sins? Can my evil thoughts and imaginations be controlled?

Every genuine Christian struggles with having evil thoughts, and many have felt powerless in tackling them. Whether its thoughts of anger, lust, or deceit, this is a very real issue for us all. Is there a solution in the Bible?

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Every genuine Christian struggles with having evil thoughts, and many have felt powerless in tackling them.

Here we go, as the saying is, ' a little knowledge is dangerous!'

Having no knowledge of understanding of mental illness or of the effect your teaching will have on them makes you dangerous.
Are you prepared to respond to a forum member who suffering from mental illness tries to follow your advice and ends up in a worse state. Will you pay theremedical costs?

Please get some accurate information before peddling cheap cures.

Have you ever wondered, am I accountable to God for my thoughts? Can thoughts be sins? Can my evil thoughts and imaginations be controlled?

Every genuine Christian struggles with having evil thoughts, and many have felt powerless in tackling them. Whether its thoughts of anger, lust, or deceit, this is a very real issue for us all. Is there a solution in the Bible?

What are your thoughts on this subject?

My thoughts on this are...temptations can be resisted, to the glory of god.
When temptations try to overwhelm me I recite the scriptures I have memorized.
It always works, as temptations can't stand up to the word of God.

I do think it's important to understand that most people get random thoughts that are basically meaningless. There's this recognized phenomenon, for example, refered to as "the call of the void". Where you are standing on the edge of a cliff, and you think..... I could jump right off here. Or, I could push the next person off here. These thoughts are primarily explained by the brain relaying information to you, it makes you recoil and be more careful. The thoughts themselves do not reflect your actual desires, and the fact that the thoughts make you recoil and fill you with dread are proof of that.

My stepdad used to explain it to me like this: you can't stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from nesting in your hair.

P.S. I like you, OP. You seem to have some good thoughts.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back