Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are guns now part of our worship at church?

Should all churches be armed with guns?

• yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • let me tell you about this

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was just letting you know the possibility of why what you are saying and the reasoning of it falling on seemingly unsympathetic ears. Not saying they were, just that you might think so. You get worked up so easy it's hard to tell.
Stating why I see the need here

Some Christians find it necessary to bad mouth other Christians, and put them down rather than build them up in Christ.
They somehow think what they have to say is so very important.
But how much time do they spend in prayer rather than being caught up in the world?
What does this have to do with the topic?

I'm not sure what you're saying and what it has to do with what I posted.
The concept of persecution doesn't just include taking a life.it's also denying of the rights of speech,property.

It's a bit inconsistent to ask the gov't to enforce freedom of religion by deadly.force if need be and not for protection if armed protection is a violation of bless them that kill you.

You say we shouldn't arm ourselves but should upon am active shooter attempt to stop him.with what means? And why not train to do that?

What does this have to do with the topic?
It has to do with a lot of responses, in case you hadn't noticed
there are other conversations going on here besides your own
Since I started this thread, I'm reading all the posts
Rather than point a finger at people, I made a generalized statement

Stating why I see the need here
I think if people understood your calling, then there would be a lot more sympathy to what you are saying. At the same time though every aspect of Romans 13 needs to be weighed with Acts 5:29. I know you are big on law but when national law contradicts what God says then the law is actually unlawful. Just consider that might be the position other people have. It has been said in not so many, and many more words here.

It has to do with a lot of responses, in case you hadn't noticed
there are other conversations going on here besides your own
Since I started this thread, I'm reading all the posts
Rather than point a finger at people, I made a generalized statement
That's fine. It was just a question.

I think if people understood your calling, then there would be a lot more sympathy to what you are saying. At the same time though every aspect of Romans 13 needs to be weighed with Acts 5:29. I know you are big on law but when national law contradicts what God says then the law is actually unlawful. Just consider that might be the position other people have. It has been said in not so many, and many more words here.
Neither has said a cop off duty in church ,saved,can't stop an act of violence with lethal force.

National law says a cop must act to stop a crime off duty of this nature. That's an automatic firing ,and charge of a crime.

So cops can't be christian then.glad to know.

It's unlawful to use force ,stop ,call the cops,yet you say to stop the act of the mass murder .with what ,chairs,tackling .call the cops to enter with a swat team to kill the shooter.

Inconsistent. We can't take his life but we can call the cops who can.

Something about causing another to sin comes to mind.

Two swords among eleven disciples isn't much, especially when Jesus knew they would very quickly desert him, each going their own way (most would be without swords). We need to look at the context, as context is king. Jesus tells us precisely why he wanted his disciples to have swords:

Luk 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.”
Luk 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
Luk 22:37 For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.”
Luk 22:38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.” (ESV)

It was so that he would be 'numbered with the transgressors.'

Here are some things to consider from Dr. Michael Brown:

'So much for Jesus calling us to turn the other cheek (Matt 5:38-42). So much for Him saying that it is the meek who will inherit the earth, the peacemakers who will be called children of God, and the ones who were persecuted for righteousness who are blessed (Matt 5:5, 9-12). So much for Him teaching that the world would treat us the same way it treated Him (Matt 10:25; John 15:18-20).

So much for Peter writing that we should follow our Savior's example, noting that "when He was reviled, He did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten" (1 Pet. 2:23). And so much for Paul explaining that "it was granted on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake" (Phil. 1:29).'

'Using the logic of some of those who believe that being armed is the key to avoiding persecution, why did the apostles merely pray together for boldness to preach and for miracles to be wrought through Jesus' name when they were threatened (Acts 4:24-31)? Why didn't they plot a strategy of fighting back with their swords? Wasn't this what Jesus was telling them to do in Luke 22?'

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/67982-did-jesus-really-tell-his-disciples-to-buy-swords?utm_source=In the Line of Fire&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:803809&utm_campaign=Blogger - Michael Brown - 2017-10-30
Dr Brown is quoting the beatitudes.
He should know better... he's using the scripture incorrectly just to make a point.

Dr Brown is quoting the beatitudes.
He should know better... he's using the scripture incorrectly just to make a point.
Firstly, he uses more than the beatitudes. Secondly, how, exactly, is he misusing the beatitudes?

Firstly, he uses more than the beatitudes. Secondly, how, exactly, is he misusing the beatitudes?
On tablet. I'll say more from computer.
What does turn the other cheek mean?
Who are the meek? Does it mean what it sounds like?
Cont'd

Amazing how people make Jesus out to be a soft cookie. He was acturally quite hard, especialy for those days, not giving a flying manure, who would have even dared to question authoritys and do what he did back then, and driving people out the temple with a whip, and calling people hypocrites and authoritys, not even care what anyone thinks.

Amazing how people make Jesus out to be a soft cookie. He was acturally quite hard, especialy for those days, not giving a flying manure, who would have even dared to question and do what ge did, and driving people out the temple with a whip, and calling people hypocrites and authoritys, not even care what anyone thinks.
You been in Atlanta lately?

Back