Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are horroscopes real?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Are horroscopes real? Should we trust them? Are they Biblical?

They're real. I see them in the paper all the time. No you shouldn't trust them. Yes, they are biblical. Look up witchcraft. :)

Dave Slayer said:
Are horroscopes real? Should we trust them? Are they Biblical?

No they're not real. The ones I've read (just for a laugh--I find them really funny) read like a Chinese fortune cookie--things like "Today is a good day to make contact with loved ones", that really doesn't say anything or commit them to actually telling your future, which they can't do.

Of course, Satan can always make the horoscopes come true in order to get people to trust in anything other than God. Satan wants to get people's minds off of God and any place else. I put my trust in God and not in man's silly superstitions.

Reading the horoscopes in the papers always makes me laugh. According to them, there are only 12 variables to consider when predicting the actions of almost 7 billion people.

There is no good reason to believe that they are "real", or witchcraft, or satanic, or anything other than pure BS.

SB

Constellations only appear to form a pattern because the distances involved gives the allusion that the night sky is two dimensional.

That, along with the illusion causing very different "pictures" to form based on cultural differences, or drastically changing at different reference points in the universe, should lead anyone to logically conclude that its a fantasy.

Human nature causes us to be uncomfortable with the unknown, and safe in the predictable.

The future being predictable based on known variables is attractive to us.

Studying the extremely small world of quantum physics has show us that even particles like the electron are ruled by probability. The view of their orbits are no longer remotely accurately described as little solar systems. Their orbits are defined by probable positions.

There is a portion of our world guided by chance, no matter how uncomfortable it makes us feel.

Well, let's see. Some say it is occult. Some that it is nothing more than more than entertainment.

I would contend that we were TOLD that the heaven were GIVEN us:

Genesis 1:

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Now, the seasons, days and years are OBVIOUS in their significance. But what does; 'let them be for SIGNS' mean?

While I do NOT believe that we are encouraged to practice astology, we have the words offered above that PLAINLY offer that the 'lights in the sky' are 'for SIGNS'.

Ever hear of 'familiar spirits'? These are REAL if you believe in The Word. And these 'familiars' are in tune with DARKNESS. There is LITTLE that exists in our universe that does NOT have a DIRECT influence ON US, (unless of course one believes that it's an ACCIDENT). These familiars are in touch with a spiritual realm that we are only able to glimpse bits and pieces of. The occult is REAL. Astrology is actually OLDER than Judaism or Christianity. It IS a 'part of the occult' and there is NO reason to NOT believe that it is REAL. That does NOT mean that Christians should practice it.

The Kabal is REAL. It is ancient 'black magic' and you can believe that man was introduced to it for a REASON.

Words have POWER. That is what is used in MOST ritual of the occult.

God created what was NEEDED for us to exist. This planet is NOT alone. It could NOT be where it is and function AS IT DOES without all that exists AROUND IT. And EVERYTHING in the universe has an EFFECT on this planet.

Horoscopes REAL? They are AS REAL as one CHOOSES to allow them to be. And we were TOLD that the 'lights in heaven' were FOR SIGNS. Now, what signs I will not debate. But it is QUITE likely that EVERYTHING that is contained within the realm in which we exist has spiritual significance. That we rarely completely understand it doesn't alter this.

If you ever have any serious questions on such subjects and want some answers, There is an online book called; The Barefaced Messiah. in it is the story of the life of L Ron Hubbard. The TRUE story. If you care to read something that will stand the hairs on the back of your neck on end, read it. No details here except to say that L Ron was 'in tune' with a very dark TRUTH. And in his own words, he believed that HE was chosen to bring SOME of this information to others. And the REASON that he was chosen is that the entity that CHOSE him KNEW that he could be trusted to ONLY offer BITS and PIECES of the truth.

An interesting read and one that certainly offers INSIGHT into the occult.

blessings,

MEC

I wouldn't trust them, but I sometimes read them for a laugh. They are really funny. Good if you're feeling a bit down.

Aero_Hudson said:
Horoscopes are just for fun and laughs. Anyone that manages their life by them dare I say it are foolish. :biggrin

There are some very foolish and deluded people who live their lives by their horoscope. They won't start their day without finding out what their horoscope says will happen for that day.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back