Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are Muscular women attractive?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It seems a little un-natural...
I don't think a normal woman can develop muscle mass like a man without steroids. That's what gets me about this whole thing. They're very purposely trying to develop large muscle mass. It isn't just happening because they're going to the gym to stay fit. Any male body builder will tell you that. Oh, how they wish just staying in shape built a body builders physique! No. It takes hours a day of hard, dedicated work to do that.

They can build a fair amount (genes can play a huge role in this) of muscle, but they can't do it as easily as males since they don't have as much testosterone, and the main thing is their breasts decrease since they are made mostly out of fat (doesn't apply to all though. I have a cousin who is pretty muscular and she still has normal breasts). As for bodybuilding, it is very difficult if not imposible to stay at top without some kind of steroid.

Why don't we just agree to make mammary glands off-topic here? :chin

One reason why a female would want to look muscular? Who does she want to look like? Her fellow females? NO: females naturally are not muscular. They wanna look like guys?

A man attracted to a female that has his kind of build? This whole thing makes my brain think northwise.

Possible reasons why a female would love to appear masculine:
1. Intimidate other females?
2. Look like a guy?
3. :confused
4. :shrug
5. Dunno

some females who may okay mascularity may also okay surgical operations, and that to become a kind of male.

Mom told me one of her nieces regreted being female. She was good at soccer stuff.

Hahahaha that would be a funny thing if that was in the 10 commandments.. gyms would be so so crowded.

Hm Gode using reverse psychology? Interesting idea. Maybe the command given to Even and Adam not to eat from that tree of knowledge was reverse psychology too... God wanted the first humans to grow up and have a real human life instead of sitting in paradise lazy, stagnant and without purpose forever. :biggrin

Romans 7 NIV
<sup class="versenum">5 </sup>For when we were in the realm of the flesh,<sup class="footnote" value='[a]'>[a]</sup><sup class="crossreference" value='(G)'></sup> the sinful passions aroused by the law<sup class="crossreference" value='(H)'></sup> were at work in us,<sup class="crossreference" value='(I)'></sup> so that we bore fruit for death.

Aesop's Fable - Fox and the Grapes producing Grapes of Wrath

I have long suspected that deep down inside, most women are insecure and compensate for it

Interesting thought there. I have long suspected that the reason that most women are insecure is because men have failed to rightly model the fidelity of God. What is there to be secure about? The natural order of things starts with God, then man (who strives to become more like him) then woman, who is only right to believe all things and hope all things and expect men to become more and more like Him.

Her notice of this failure, and the consequent failing to conform "feelings" can only be considered when we are rightly aligned ourselves. Facts first. Then Faith. Then feelings follow. It's something I like to think of as the 4-F's. The fact that God is faithful is true. Our faith in Him and His ability to form this fidelity in us is there... but yet... not an accomplished fact in us, especially regarding large scale sin and iniquity. Shall we blame the woman whom God has given? That relocates the basic problem and takes it outside of our control. Nothing we can do, right?

It is a fallacy.

Sorry, I'm losing the plot here. We are talking about insecurity. And other people's assumed insecurity. And specifically other women's assumed insecurity.

And the OP about muscles. (How did we get there?)

Women are insecure (or those that are) are that way due to the world we live in.

The emphasis on being thin, young and beautiful sends the message to women that their worth is in their appearance. This thinking even has affected me at times - and more so now that I'm over 50, balding, and some of my hair (what is left) aint even brown any more.

But I STILL say that women have GOT to remember that as they age, and loose their appearance, they have got to learn to not be so disagreeable. A wise women builds her home, a foolish one tears it down with her own words.

"Happy Wife - Happy Life"??? Sure.

But that is a two-way street.

Sorry, I'm losing the plot here. We are talking about insecurity. And other people's assumed insecurity. And specifically other women's assumed insecurity.

Welcome to the world of Classik. Those who follow his several posts are also able to trace the elements of some of the questions that arise. Other threads might come from discussion held elsewhere (between unknown friends) and are brought to us for our consideration. The classic question of: :biggrinunno :shrug seems to be welcome and may indeed be a common thread throughout these posts.

Welcome to the world of Classik. Those who follow his several posts are also able to trace the elements of some of the questions that arise. Other threads might come from discussion held elsewhere (between unknown friends) and are brought to us for our consideration. The classic question of: :biggrinunno :shrug seems to be welcome and may indeed be a common thread throughout these posts.

Maybe from now on we should hieroglyphic our posts with emoticons:

:)

:chin

:biggrinunno

:sleeping2

I think it was because there was an assumption made that woman who want to be muscular must be insecure or something along those line. My reaction, lol.

Personally I think like so many other things in the world, body building has been promoted and there is glory and money to be made.

I think it was because there was an assumption made that woman who want to be muscular must be insecure or something along those line. My reaction, lol.

Personally I think like so many other things in the world, body building has been promoted and there is glory and money to be made.
[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

I'm sure you're right.

This has been one of the more unusual threads, I think. If you get to tell Lexy about it, I'm sure she'll be suitably amused and even bewildered.

Blessings.

This has been one of the more unusual threads, I think. If you get to tell Lexy about it, I'm sure she'll be suitably amused and even bewildered.

LOL, she has been right here and yes she has just shook her head more than once, I'd say bewildered is a good word. Oh she just added, annoyed and flabbergasted.

I'll just add a little more of what I think body building, no matter which gender, is at least partly about....

"You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte"

You're So Vain by Carly Simon

LOL, she has been right here and yes she has just shook her head more than once, I'd say bewildered is a good word. Oh she just added, annoyed and flabbergasted.

I'll just add a little more of what I think body building, no matter which gender, is at least partly about....

"You had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte"

You're So Vain by Carly Simon

You're right; it's chauvinism to single out women, in criticizing their bodybuilding.

Blessings.

One reason why a female would want to look muscular? Who does she want to look like? Her fellow females? NO: females naturally are not muscular. They wanna look like guys?

A man attracted to a female that has his kind of build? This whole thing makes my brain think northwise.

Seriously man, maybe because of healthy lifestyle hasn't even crossed your mind?

Seriously man, maybe because of healthy lifestyle hasn't even crossed your mind?

Or, to state it differently, fitness enthusiasts may be either male or female.

Both genders who compete face challenges of body fat, training, diet and injury prevention. But so far no mention has been made of the additional hurdles faced by women who compete in this category, specifically the need to deal with the possibility of and potential consequence of athletic amenorrhea. Many female trainees are able to adjust their preparation for competition so that the normal flow of the menstrual cycle is not interrupted or drastically diminished, or if it is, the duration of such symptoms isn't sufficiently long enough to warrant medical intervention or treatment. Some who are engaged in competitive sports (not specifically muscle-building or extreme weight-training, I'm not sure about that) have reported experiencing no symptoms at all.

I am not convinced that the majority of women who compete cheat by taking steroids but that could be ignorance on my part and the likelihood that if they do, they might be expected to not be totally open about it. Virilizing effects are (according to my research) typically avoided. What about low dosages of weak androgenic steroids? Probably. Some are recommended for use. Again, this is information gleaned from simple searches on the Net and I have no personal knowledge on the subject (except for my friend at school who owns and operates his own training facility). He is very concerned about potential liability and is knowledgeable but not directly experienced. In fact, he refused to contract with me due to my age and medical condition(s). He's a conservative kind of guy in that way. We do talk about stuff though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it's better to focus on what is "inside" rather than what is on the outside. How people treat others, their willingness to learn, their emotional state, their core values, etc. are what makes a person who they are. The outside can easily be, and often is, covered with things that alter the appearance. It's much more difficult to cover up what's on the inside. People who "make up" what's on the outside often ignore what is on the inside, which shows where lie their values.

I feel it's better to focus on what is "inside" rather than what is on the outside. How people treat others, their willingness to learn, their emotional state, their core values, etc. are what makes a person who they are. The outside can easily be, and often is, covered with things that alter the appearance. It's much more difficult to cover up what's on the inside. People who "make up" what's on the outside often ignore what is on the inside, which shows where lie their values.

Good post. Ephesians speaks of the inward man/person, which is what first and foremost needs to be cultivated.

Classik said:
ne reason why a female would want to look muscular? Who does she want to look like? Her fellow females? NO: females naturally are not muscular. They wanna look like guys?

Something else to throw in the mix. It may be true that not all muscular women are out to look muscular. Oh, I'm not talking about body builders here, just a toned, muscular woman from exercise and a good diet.

I have a friend who's not only a runner, but she does triathlons too. Her passion is set in motivating over weight women (and men) to be more active. You see, she used to tip the scales at over 200 poinds. I'm guessing she's a buck 20 now? Very lean and very attractive. If you ever met her, you would think she was the male version of Richard Simmons full of energy and excited to help others.

I'm athletic, and while I go to the gym in part to look good, it's mostly to fight off this thing called age that wears you out and tires you out. It's true that a body in motion stays in motion. But being athletic can be addictive. Simply put, it feels good to push your body, and it feels good to feel good. A side result is that one becomes muscular. My son, who is 14 and has been a wrestler since he's been 5 is extremely muscular. Not only does he have density, but he is cut and ripped like most men only dream about. He didn't set out to get muscular, but it's what his lifestyle rewarded him with. In other words, he didn't work that hard to get the muscles he has, but they were the result of his hard work in trying to achieve something he enjoys, and that's competitive wrestling.

My son is the one in maroon.

[video=youtube;auj7svwI8r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auj7svwI8r8[/video]

Oh, not trying to squirrel your thread... I know its about girls. :tongue

Back