Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are Muscular women attractive?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
[MENTION=88699]Jethro Bodine[/MENTION]:

How about a woman, muscular or not, who issues quasi-judicial judgments and subpoenas people: would you find a muscular (or otherwise) woman who does these things objectionable? :chin

[MENTION=88699]Jethro Bodine[/MENTION]:

How about a woman, muscular or not, who issues quasi-judicial judgments and subpoenas people: would you find a muscular (or otherwise) woman who does these things objectionable? :chin

If God would have Deborah judge Israel, then how can we dispute a female judge in our judicial system?

Just for the record, I think a man is a fool to get into a relationship with a woman who has no problem prancing around on a stage nearly naked and with the express intent of showing off her body. I don't sense fidelity is probably part of the character makeup of someone who does that. Of course I could be wrong, but why find out? The signs are there.

Agreed. We must not allow ourselves to be so blinded by what is on the outside that we are willing to ignore what may be happening on the inside.. lest we end up with regrets. I'm willing to bet that a high percentage of divorces are due to ignoring the signs.

"...with the express intent of showing off her body..."

Understand now?

I saw Alice Cooper on TV talking about how he would console fellow rockers who got their hearts broken by their stripper girl friends (wives...I don't remember). And he commented about how they're strippers, what do you expect?

I think you're a fool to get in a relationship with someone who gives you signs that they are controlled by sensuality (just as much as the signs of head strong pride and rebellion are bad, too). For that kind of person, marriage and fidelity is probably not broad enough a field to satisfy that kind of appetite. So, single people beware. And don't use that kind of bait to catch someone either. You may well attract a very shallow, worldly oriented person who will let you down later.

That makes all sorts of sense. The sort of attention that they get while performing and being in that mindset has lasting effects.

Yes, lasting effects. I cannot help but wonder if that mindset will be passed on to the children.

Back to topic: so how big, or not big, are muscles on ladies supposed to be?
The type of muscle that people build up is skeletal muscle and is used to move the skeletal system for the purpose of performing tasks. This type of muscle will naturally strengthen to allow performance of daily activites. I simply cannot see the point of huge muscles unless a person lifts automobiles for a living.

Is it their visible size that are supposedly offensive?
Not offensive, rather I feel it's a sign that they are attempting to compensate for deficiencies in another part of their life. Perhaps someone mistreated them and they feel that an overly-muscular physique will keep history from repeating itself. Perhaps they feel that their value as a human being will increase through external validation.

Manly muscles on a woman speak volumes and warn us about what may be going on inside of her. It's probably not indicative of the humility and modesty of the godly woman dependent on God.

I agree with this. I like women who appear fit, but think it's going overboard to have bulging defined muscles on them.

Yes, lasting effects. I cannot help but wonder if that mindset will be passed on to the children.

I think it will. It usually is, isn't it?

Yes, I believe it is. The sad part is that this will continue from one generation to the next until it is remedied.

Manly muscles on a woman speak volumes and warn us about what may be going on inside of her. It's probably not indicative of the humility and modesty of the godly woman dependent on God.

I agree with this. I like women who appear fit, but think it's going overboard to have bulging defined muscles on them.

So what do you guys think of the image of the typical Victorian waif in floppy dresses, who faints easily and has never been encouraged to take initiative for things. (I don't think much of this image, frankly; the opposite of the Proverbs 31 woman, I would submit.)

So what do you guys think of the image of the typical Victorian waif in floppy dresses, who faints easily and has never been encouraged to take initiative for things. (I don't think much of this image, frankly; the opposite of the Proverbs 31 woman, I would submit.)

I think that is the other extreme, the first being the overly muscular type.

I think that is the other extreme, the first being the overly muscular type.

Because this is what the passage says:

Proverbs 31.16-17

"She considereth a field, and buyeth it:
With the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
She girdeth her loins with strength,
And strengtheneth her arms."

Clearly the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 tried to keep physically fit and strong, and was able and trusted to take initiatives in business.

Proverbs 31.16-17

Clearly the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 tried to keep physically fit and strong, and was able and trusted to take initiatives in business.
You're twisting the passage to mean she does body building weight lifting in order to work the land.

She is emotionally and/or physically fit as a result of her godly and admirable labor, not for it.

Proverbs 31.16-17

You're twisting the passage to mean she does body building weight lifting in order to work the land.

She is emotionally and/or physically fit as a result of her godly and admirable labor, not for it.

And, not physically fit enough to tear her clothing like The Hulk does. There's a clear visible difference between normal physical activity and body building.

Proverbs 31.16-17

:thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back