Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are some people destined for hell?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sin is not new to anybody. Sand-strewn men knew as much about it as we do today. And that's what this is about.
To argue about everything else but that is to completely and totally miss it.

I was no different....unbelievers use the unknowns about science and history and experience to divert attention from that which they do understand quite well--mankind's bondage to sin and the damage it does in this world, and how even those in that bondage crave the righteous judgment it deserves.

No you wouldn't. You wouldn't because you know it will lead you face to face with the reality of a just Creator who is going to reign in sinful, rebellious mankind and put an end to his destruction.

The common denominator of all religions is sin. Ever notice that? That's because that's what it's all about. Everything else is too often used as a distraction from the truth about sin and injustice in the world and the ache we all sense for the inevitable Judgment to come.

There you go again, Jethro, claiming to know the thoughts and motivations of people you have never met.
I am sorry to have to say it, but this is not an attractive quality.
How would you feel if I would post that you know in your heart that Allah is the one true God and that Mohammed is the last prophet but that your sinful nature keeps you from acknowledging the Truth ?
Besides the fact that it is utter nonsense it would be quite rude because I would basically say that you are not telling me the truth.

If you think that sin is the denominator of all religions you owe it to yourself to read a bit more widely on the subject, unless you don't consider Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Shintoism and a bucketload of other isms that don't have the concept of sin to be religions.

I think what you could say is that the need for the propitiation of a displeased deity is the common denominator in all religions.
Usually this appeasement involved a human sacrifice. This revolting practice can be found in virtually every bygone society, from the Chinese to the Romans to the Incas, but I highly doubt that many people would underscore this commonality with any sense of pride.

So spake Mr.Bubbles

I'm not going there with you one more time. You have been censored and censored for your attempts to teach this personal doctrine of your you have built by singling out, out of their context, less than a hand full of scriptures.

I and others here, some mods, have tried to get you to understand that scripture is a whole and to remove any selection of that scripture from it's content is to (my word) rape the scriptures. You want to scream and stomp that the word Death is there but you refuse to accept that the scripture, clearly, teaches two types of death, just as it clearly teaches two types or forms of life, spiritual and natural.

Your argument is not with me, it is with God and I'm happy to report, God wins.
Whoa th1b.taylor
As moderators, moderating we do not take sides ..
As moderators we do not take sides in this issue because .... both side have some scripture backing..
Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Mat_25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

We do our best to moderate the unchristian attitudes displayed in these forums..

Admin

If you think that sin is the denominator of all religions you owe it to yourself to read a bit more widely on the subject, unless you don't consider Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Shintoism and a bucketload of other isms that don't have the concept of sin to be religions.
The quest for perfection and completeness is an acknowledgment of the disorder and depravity of this creation. Religion answers this universally known lack in mankind and creation.

I think what you could say is that the need for the propitiation of a displeased deity is the common denominator in all religions.
That's what I'm saying. All men everywhere know that our wickedness is displeasing to the creator.

Usually this appeasement involved a human sacrifice. This revolting practice can be found in virtually every bygone society, from the Chinese to the Romans to the Incas, but I highly doubt that many people would underscore this commonality with any sense of pride.
I bet you would die for your own kids or grandkids (if you had kids).....and be proud of it. Tell me I'm wrong.

It is not surprising that people see agency, design and patterns in nature. This is what one would expect from pattern-seeking primates.

Personally, just the fact that primates are, and can see at all are good reasons to believe there is a creator.

I think it's fair to point out that not only do some primates draw design conclusion out of something other than pattern seeking, some unbelievers likely do an opposite but equal thing to the pattern seeking, in order to explain the design conclusion away.....some don't. Both sides draw conclusion using many different angles but I would agree pattern seeking is at least one of the many.

I'm kind of simple minded and after hearing most of the theories, I can't even take seriously this all came to be by accident.

Two men standing by something they own, a new car, planet, a blender, doesn't matter....ask the first where he got it? he answers, "I made it", ask the second the same question, he answers, "it just appeared here". Tell that to anyone, right out of the blue, then ask for the first answer that comes to mind, who do you believe? the first or the second man?

PS. Am currently playing Infinite, but the original Bioshock remains my favorite.
I remember playing it the first time and I was absolutely terrified,

I now see I have all three and ready for a 4th. Creepy in an odd ball sort of way..

Last edited by a moderator:
The quest for perfection and completeness is an acknowledgment of the disorder and depravity of this creation. Religion answers this universally known lack in mankind and creation.

Eh, what ?

That's what I'm saying. All men everywhere know that our wickedness is displeasing to the creator.

And when you say creator you mean Huitzilopochtli, Thor, Osiris, Yahweh or the Ju Ju up the mountain ?

I bet you would die for your own kids or grandkids (if you had kids).....and be proud of it. Tell me I'm wrong.

Eh, what ?

Eh, what ?

And when you say creator you mean Huitzilopochtli, Thor, Osiris, Yahweh or the Ju Ju up the mountain ?

Eh, what ?
That's all you got?

I showed you that the basis of all religion is the universal acknowledgement of the failure and shortcoming of the human race, but you say religion is not a sin issue for you and I'm unfairly claiming to know your thoughts? It is for all of religion, but not for you? Interesting.

Dear Mr. B,
I am very curious as to your presence here. It is not my intent to get into a debate or argument with you but rather, to "pick your brain" as it were. I hope that this is OK. I would greatly like to read your opinion on several questions I have.

1. What brought you to these forums? Did you find us by way of internet search or was it a friend?
2. What prompted you to sign up and post here?
3. What is your opinion on the general belief in a God or gods?
4. What is your opinion specifically on the Christian faith?
5. What is your opinion on the practitioners of Christianity?

I am certain I will have more questions, but I think these should be enough for now.

Many nonbelievers come here for the laughs.. to sow discord to their pleasure... I find it awful sad it is so easy for them..

Last edited:
Ok the thread is now open again. Please stay on topic and remember the Lounge is not a debate forum.

Back