Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are You Going To Heaven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Are you going to heaven?

1. 1 Peter 1:23;
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God..."

Watching my dad die was joyful through the tears....... His blue eyes became clear again we saw his frail body lift towards what he was seeing... the peace in his face the glow the freedom ... .. He was with the Lord. ... then fishing with peter ..just about 20 years ago ..

Watching my dad die was joyful through the tears....... His blue eyes became clear again we saw his frail body lift towards what he was seeing... the peace in his face the glow the freedom ... .. He was with the Lord. ... then fishing with peter ..just about 20 years ago ..
Amen.
A nice warm memory and a hope for us all.

Are you going to heaven?

2. John 5:24;
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life".
"...and believes him..."
The believer is the one who can rest secure in Christ's eternal life. Walk away from that believing and you will no longer have Christ's eternal life. That's why the Bible exhorts us to keep believing.

I think if we spent more time and effort in realising we are his then we would spend less time and effort worrying about if we will go to heaven.

When we place our faith in Jesus when we say/confess that Jesus is Lord "I believe you are the Son of God who died and rose again to bring me back to the Father so I can call God Abba Father" then we are his.

I think today we have a problem. The church or dare I say it denominations that call themselves church have robbed the beleiver of the security of heaven, spending eternity with God.

Some add caveats to faith. Works based salvation and if you don't do this or do that, give this give that, pray every day, read your bible every day then that's evidence that you are not saved. That being the case it robs us of the joy of our salvation and we question are we really his.

Jesus himself said "The only work that God requires is to be beleive in me" or as some bible translations put it "The work of God is to believe in me" either way if we beleive in Jesus, a work has been completed and Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit.

What worries me is that the church today generalises people, rather than meeting the person. Jesus met with the individual, identified the issue that blocked them from seeing the Father and revealed the truth and released the person. He saw the heart issue and dealt with it. He looked beyond the actions and saw the reason for the actions.

I suffer from severe anxiety disorder. I've been told I don't have faith in Jesus to heal it, no matter how much I've prayed for healing. Some days it's so bad I don't want to get out of bed and I can't pray about it. I can't even speak about it to God. I drag my sorry ass out of bed because I have a wife and four kids that I need to take care of, I have 27 employees who I have to take care of, so I go about my day the best I can.

According to some I don't have true faith because I haven't got the faith for healing or when I'm really struggling I can't speak to God about it.

Starting to realise that this is a load of tosh.

I will go to heaven because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died and rose again. I love him as the best I know how to. Yes I shrink back at times yet he never shrinks back from me. I seek to be more like him to others and be like God. To me that's saving faith, one which says "good and faithful servant" also knowing I will never ever suffer severe anxiety

I think if we spent more time and effort in realising we are his then we would spend less time and effort worrying about if we will go to heaven.
The person who believes does not have to worry about anything.
They are satisfying the requirement to be saved.
It's the person who is failing in their faith, or has already failed that should be worrying about their salvation.

I think today we have a problem. The church or dare I say it denominations that call themselves church have robbed the beleiver of the security of heaven, spending eternity with God.
Actually, the opposite is happening.
By teaching believers that they are saved no matter what....even if they stop believing, they are deceiving believers into thinking they are safe when in reality they are not safe if they stop trusting in the forgiveness of God in a blatant return to their old lives.

Some add caveats to faith. Works based salvation and if you don't do this or do that, give this give that, pray every day, read your bible every day then that's evidence that you are not saved. That being the case it robs us of the joy of our salvation and we question are we really his.
Honestly, this is not the problem in the church today. Sure, there are some churches that teach that, but the problem by far right now in the church is causing believers to stumble by telling them that not even their faith is a condition for their salvation. This is by far the problem consuming the church at this present time.

Jesus himself said "The only work that God requires is to be beleive in me" or as some bible translations put it "The work of God is to believe in me" either way if we beleive in Jesus, a work has been completed and Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit.
See, even you say it is required that one believe. But you resist putting that as a condition for salvation. I see this a lot on the OSAS side.

According to some I don't have true faith because I haven't got the faith for healing or when I'm really struggling I can't speak to God about it.
Faith for healing and faith for salvation are two different things.
You can lack the faith to be healed and still be very secure in Christ because you do not lack faith in regard to the forgiveness of sins available to you in Christ.

Starting to realise that this is a load of tosh.
It is that....a load of tosh. Whatever that is, but I'm betting it's not good. :lol

I will go to heaven because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died and rose again.
Then you are secure in Christ. You need not worry about your salvation.

Yes I shrink back at times yet he never shrinks back from me.
If you mean you shrink back from trusting that Christ is the forgiveness of your sins (which I doubt you mean) then you should be worrying about your salvation. But I think you mean you shrink back from confident obedience to God. That will not affect your salvation....unless that disobedience is rooted in a fundamental contempt or mistrust in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin.

When we all get to heaven what day of rejoicing that will be.. when we all see JESUS we will sing and shout the victory...

This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do

Read more: Jim Reeves - This World Is Not My Home Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Lets not turn a lounge thread into a A&T debate.... some times we need to lighten up...

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

Refrain

Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

Refrain

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

Refrain

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,

When we all get to heaven what day of rejoicing that will be.. when we all see JESUS we will sing and shout the victory...

This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do

Read more: Jim Reeves - This World Is Not My Home Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Lets not turn a lounge thread into a A&T debate.... some times we need to lighten up...

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,

Refrain

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,