Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are you OK with ABORTIONS?

Are you OK with ABORTIONS?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yup this is so easy today no need for abortions to be part planned parenthood
Yes, I will forever explain the Birth Control Pills are not required. One Bayer, or the brand of the person's choice, held firmly between the knees all night and it is one hundred percent effective if the directions are followed faithfully.

Last edited:
I would like a court appointed attorney to have a chance to file a restraining order on the abortion until a jury of his/her peers can decide whether the unborn citizen has no reason to live. This is too important a decision to be made unilaterally by any one person. [At least until America comes to its senses and recognizes that killing babies because your fornication led to an inconvenient pregnancy is a really bad idea.]

I would like a court appointed attorney to have a chance to file a restraining order on the abortion until a jury of his/her peers can decide whether the unborn citizen has no reason to live. This is too important a decision to be made unilaterally by any one person. [At least until America comes to its senses and recognizes that killing babies because your fornication led to an inconvenient pregnancy is a really bad idea.]
Actually the court, the only court that will ever matter has already spoken and the record of the trial is found in the scriptures He left for us to consult if we can get over ourselves and devote ourselves to the service we promised when we were saved.

Using this one line accepting it as truth :) ... please before you are loaded up with denominational theology.. Read the whole Bible.. Some suggest breaking it into segments .. there are many on line places that will design that for ya. Personally suggesting from Genesis to The Revelation ..

Thank you! I have been reading it, though I've mostly been skipping around the New Testament so far. More focused on apologetics for the moment, since they help with fighting off the secular humanism, but I'll get back to Scripture eventually. :)

Other sects calling themselves Christians have every right to be wrong and to disobey God and go to Hell. I can do no more for them than I can for most of the world.

Which Sect you choose for Corporate Worship matters very little, any of them are qualified to lead you into Hell and from there into the Lake of Fire and the Eternal Second Death.

If you do not place all of your trust in jesus, are you certain you will go to Heaven? (1 John 5:11-13And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. The one who has the Son has this eternal life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this eternal life. I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.) I, absolutely, know I will spend eternity with Jesus and Father God and would, with all my heart give that to you. You may and you may not recieve that from any Church but if you seek after the, very, prescience of Jesus in your life, you will be indwelt with the Holy Spirit and believe me, you will know when the Holy
Ghost moves in.

Have you seen the Methodist stance?

The beginning of life and the ending of life are the God-given boundaries of human existence. While individuals have always had some degree of control over when they would die, they now have the awesome power to determine when and even whether new individuals will be born. Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion. But we are equally bound to respect the sacredness of the life and well-being of the mother, for whom devastating damage may result from an unacceptable pregnancy. In continuity with past Christian teaching, we recognize tragic conflicts of life with life that may justify abortion, and in such cases we support the legal option of abortion under proper medical procedures. We cannot affirm abortion as an acceptable means of birth control, and we unconditionally reject it as a means of gender selection. We oppose the use of late-term abortion known as dilation and extraction (partial-birth abortion) and call for the end of this practice except when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available, or in the case of severe fetal anomalies incompatible with life. We call all Christians to a searching and prayerful inquiry into the sorts of conditions that may warrant abortion. We commit our Church to continue to provide nurturing ministries to those who terminate a pregnancy, to those in the midst of a crisis pregnancy, and to those who give birth. Governmental laws and regulations do not provide all the guidance required by the informed Christian conscience. Therefore, a decision concerning abortion should be made only after thoughtful and prayerful consideration by the parties involved, with medical, pastoral, and other appropriate counsel.

I understand that differences of opinion exist, but if people are going to hell for coming down on different sides of this, I look at what the Catholic "no exceptions ever" stance has done in Latin America, and I think they may be in trouble too.

But yeah, I'm very much interested in the personal relationship aspect, not the church-going part. I expect to be the crazy person dabbling in Catholic mysticism in the corner. ;)

I'm not wrong. Women die from all sorts of reasons and one death doesn't make your argument any stronger. Abortion kills an innocent human being. I oppose that. You don't. There's nothing complicated about it. It's a moral question and not a legal one. Abortion kills an innocent human being. Period. The majority of abortions are done for birth control reasons. Lastly, it's a total contradiction to say you are pro-life and pro-choice. No matter how many times you say you can. They are opposing views.

This is actually my problem with the whole debate. Because there is a difference between legal and moral obligations. There is generally no legal duty to rescue. For example, if you see a man drowning in a lake, the law does not require you to jump in to save him. I would consider invasive forms of abortion murder, but given that there is no legal right to use another person's body as life support, I view inducing miscarriage as a failure to save someone, not as murder. I should specify that I think this distinction is legal, not moral--I was in a situation a few months back where I should have helped someone and failed to do so, and it's probably the worst thing I've ever done. My excuse, to the extent that I had one, was being in a foreign country and not fluent in the language. A person who doesn't save a drowning man may well not know how to swim himself, and I have three friends who have had abortions. I'm not going to judge them for that. There are reasons the law doesn't get involved in this sort of thing, but that doesn't make any of it morally acceptable.

Are we all responsible for our moral failings? Yes, but differentiating between morality and legality is the only way this issue makes sense to me. I'm not pro-abortion anymore than I'm in favor of not rescuing people, but I wouldn't want to enact a ton of Good Samaritan laws either. I don't believe that "pro-life for me, pro-choice for everyone else" is a valid stance, but I'd rather support pro-life groups that focus on helping pregnant women and mothers instead of those whose goal is criminalization. I have no idea where my view falls on the pro-life vs. pro-choice spectrum... and yes, it is a spectrum. If you want to say that everyone who doesn't agree with you 100% is on the other side, go for it, but you're not going to have many allies in the end.

One thing I don't like is the term "pro-choice;" it's a straw man. I prefer pro-abortion and anti-abortion, since that really is what it all comes down to.

People don't like the term "pro-life" for the same reason!

I honestly hate all the labels. When I identified as pro-choice, I got radicalized because of the group mentality, and that's not a mindset I have any desire to return to. I guess in the future, I'll just shrug and stay out of the debate, since I think I've effectively declared war on everyone on both sides.

Have you seen the Methodist stance?

The beginning of life and the ending of life are the God-given boundaries of human existence. While individuals have always had some degree of control over when they would die, they now have the awesome power to determine when and even whether new individuals will be born. Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion. But we are equally bound to respect the sacredness of the life and well-being of the mother, for whom devastating damage may result from an unacceptable pregnancy. In continuity with past Christian teaching, we recognize tragic conflicts of life with life that may justify abortion, and in such cases we support the legal option of abortion under proper medical procedures. We cannot affirm abortion as an acceptable means of birth control, and we unconditionally reject it as a means of gender selection. We oppose the use of late-term abortion known as dilation and extraction (partial-birth abortion) and call for the end of this practice except when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available, or in the case of severe fetal anomalies incompatible with life. We call all Christians to a searching and prayerful inquiry into the sorts of conditions that may warrant abortion. We commit our Church to continue to provide nurturing ministries to those who terminate a pregnancy, to those in the midst of a crisis pregnancy, and to those who give birth. Governmental laws and regulations do not provide all the guidance required by the informed Christian conscience. Therefore, a decision concerning abortion should be made only after thoughtful and prayerful consideration by the parties involved, with medical, pastoral, and other appropriate counsel.

I understand that differences of opinion exist, but if people are going to hell for coming down on different sides of this, I look at what the Catholic "no exceptions ever" stance has done in Latin America, and I think they may be in trouble too.

But yeah, I'm very much interested in the personal relationship aspect, not the church-going part. I expect to be the crazy person dabbling in Catholic mysticism in the corner.
You cannot play with Mysticism and go to heaven. This is not some sort of parlor game and that is exactly what you just demonstrated. God knows every intent of your heart and except you approach this correctly you will experience the never ending separation from God in the Great Abyss a.k.a. the Lake of Fire. You will never con God. And before that you will suffer a thousand years in Hell waiting for the final judgement. Not fun.

I've been eyeing the pro-life group New Wave Feminists since they got turned away from the Women's March, and they talk about issues competing with PP and wanting to offer comparable alternatives: http://newwavefeminists.blogspot.com/

You cannot play with Mysticism and go to heaven. This is not some sort of parlor game and that is exactly what you just demonstrated. God knows every intent of your heart and except you approach this correctly you will experience the never ending separation from God in the Great Abyss a.k.a. the Lake of Fire. You will never con God. And before that you will suffer a thousand years in Hell waiting for the final judgement. Not fun.

I think you're confusing mysticism and esotericism. Mysticism is the polar opposite of trying to con God--it's about complete submission to Him. Intensely prayerful, lots of great poetry. I say "dabbling" because the alternative would be joining a convent.

I've been eyeing the pro-life group New Wave Feminists since they got turned away from the Women's March, and they talk about issues competing with PP and wanting to offer comparable alternatives: http://newwavefeminists.blogspot.com/

I think you're confusing mysticism and esotericism. Mysticism is the polar opposite of trying to con God--it's about complete submission to Him. Intensely prayerful, lots of great poetry. I say "dabbling" because the alternative would be joining a convent.
Then you are right because my understanding it has to do with things witches and other kooks do and the English Witch I lead to the foot of the cross and Mike Wankee, former Warlock agree with my usaqge of the title. Sorry bout that but from my definition it is a dangerous practice but not from you understanding.

She is very spiritually sick. I am longer in contact with her.
Jesus said that he came to seek and save that which was lost. If she is your daughter, how much more loving should you be toward her so you can find where she's at.... Word of advice, drop your expectations and judgments toward her, and just let her know that you love her just the way she is for no other reason than she's a part of you... and let the healing begin.

She's a big girl, and I'm sure she knows what she's done wrong. This isn't about right or wrong, it's about restoring a broken relationship because without a relationship, .... there are only attitudes.

Jesus said that he came to seek and save that which was lost. If she is your daughter, how much more loving should you be toward her so you can find where she's at.... Word of advice, drop your expectations and judgments toward her, and just let her know that you love her just the way she is for no other reason than she's a part of you... and let the healing begin.

She's a big girl, and I'm sure she knows what she's done wrong. This isn't about right or wrong, it's about restoring a broken relationship because without a relationship, .... there are only attitudes.
That all sounds great but there are times when relationships need to be ended. I caught my daughter tampering with my meds. She actively meddles in my marriage. She has no intention of stopping her actions. My youngest son will not deal with her as she attempts to manipulate him at every opportunity. My wife is the only one she deals with and that is rare. I fear my daughter and intend to move as far away from her as we can whenever that becomes possible. I do pray for her but she needs a miracle.

That all sounds great but there are times when relationships need to be ended. I caught my daughter tampering with my meds. She actively meddles in my marriage. She has no intention of stopping her actions. My youngest son will not deal with her as she attempts to manipulate him at every opportunity. My wife is the only one she deals with and that is rare. I fear my daughter and intend to move as far away from her as we can whenever that becomes possible. I do pray for her but she needs a miracle.
Because that's what Jesus would do? Right?

There is a huge difference between tough love and not showing any love...
Say this phone call has turned ugly so call a bit later ... dont just slam the phone down
No harm is letting them know you will not bail them out .. those days are past but we will pick you up
Our sins put Jesus on the Cross... Our daughter has not put us on a cross. Broke our hearts yes... As if i havent cause Christ to weep
Stovebolts knows what he is saying. Please drop your pride and open your heart...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back