Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are you prolife or prochoice?

Are you prolife or prochoice?

• I am prolife.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I still can't get over the argument that it is the "woman's body". Why do these people seem to forget that baby inside is also a body/person and should have rights?

"Hello there Ana'riel. I also wish not to argue with you but I feel people need to know that abortions DO lead to psychological problems as well."

Oh, I was just talking about the actual baby, I know women often have problems after they get an abortion. Obviously the baby can't have psychological problems in heaven, right? :wink:

I still can't get over the argument that it is the "woman's body". Why do these people seem to forget that baby inside is also a body/person and should have rights?

That arguement has a lot to do with the fact that a man can just leave. Oh sure, supposedly there's "laws" requiring the father to pay child support (but not actually take care of the kid or anything) but how many single moms do you know who don't see one red cent? I bet a lot. I know I sure do. Perhaps people won't be so against banning abortion if there was some way to make the man take responsibility as well. After all, should a woman be stuck with a baby if a man doesn't have to be? I know there's the adoption arguement, but that's a much longer post huh? :wink:

Is masturbation and the resulting loss of sperm considered an abortion on any level?

Technically that sperm could have been a life if given the right conditions to fuse with another gamete and form a diploid zygote.

"Oh, I was just talking about the actual baby, I know women often have problems after they get an abortion. Obviously the baby can't have psychological problems in heaven, right? "

LOL, well I hope not. Does that go for adults too? I'd hate to bring my problems with me. :biggrin :wink:

Soma-Sight said:
Is masturbation and the resulting loss of sperm considered an abortion on any level?

Technically that sperm could have been a life if given the right conditions to fuse with another gamete and form a diploid zygote.
It depends on your understanding of conception. I'd say no...masturbation is a whole'nother sin.

Zygote = Separate, individual human organism.
Sperm = Cells of a human organism.

So no, sperm dying are not aborted anything... except cells of your own.

BL

I can't believe that this is even an issue.

Why should this even be argument on weather a innocent human should live or die?

Of course abortion should be illegal! It should have never been legal.

When we have sex why do you think there is that chance that a life might be created?

God gave sex to be practiced among husband and wife and out of love a miracle called life is conceived.

Each and every one of us was created that way. At one point we were all just small little humans forming in our Mother's womb. And now we all come into this forum and we have been given that chance to argue over weather others should have a chance to live and go though the blessing of life just as we have been.

Each word I type represents another voice taking before they had a chance to speak, by a woman's right to choose.

Crushed out of the womb, little bodies that can't even fight for themselves. They have no idea why they are being hurt; all they knew was the warmth of their mama's womb and the sweet sound of their mama's voice that soothed them everyday and night. The voice that calms them when they come crying into this cold world. I weep for their lives. I speak for them. Can anyone hear me? I am alive!! I am a person not an fetus not a embryo but a living human just as you are I am a little human, where is my choice?! Who will listen to their cries?

You really are a rebel.

Pro-life is the only Christian view of the matter.

You really are a rebel.

Dude, there's nothing wrong with being pro choice...it doesn't mean you're all for abortion. It just means you don't judge. It doesn't mean you would ever get an abortion. In most cases it doesn't mean encouraging an abortion (there are extreme people) I've never heard of a pro choice person telling someone they were evil for not having an abortion however.

Abortion in the sense of taking a life just because you dont want the baby is the most selfish act that a human being can commit.
The mothers right ended when she didnt use her contraceptive.
As for abortion because of health issues and life and death matters I can be a little more sympathetic to a person being led to their decision, although I still see it as wrong.
But, no one under any circumstances should be able to end a life in order to make theirs a little more comfortable.

Being pro-choice means you support one's option to choose to take the life of an innocent life. As I said, pro-life is the only Christian position.

The mothers right ended when she didnt use her contraceptive.

How about if she was on the pill when she became pregnant? Like me, who didn't get the abortion I wanted (I'm glad know but I won't lie, I didn't want the baby) Don't assume too much. You don't know everyone's situation and that just proved it.

Didn't God kill entire towns in the OT? I think someone explained that away as 'the kids didn't have a chance in life because of their parents'...Well some of you militant prolifers probablt think someone who would get an abortion is very selfish at least, but somehow in this day and age they do have a chance to grow up better than their parents? The person also said that God took the children to heaven. Do you not realize that's where the aborted babies go? Is it so horrible that I can believe it's not the most evil thing in the world because God makes it ok (by taking the babies to heaven)

Some believe that the soul does not incarnate into the fetus until the baby is 49 days old.

This is the time when the pineal gland is first develpoed in the infant brain and you get your first shot of Dimethyltrypatamine or DMT. This is a psychoactive substance that many believe to facilitate the soul in and out of the body at various times in life and finally at death.

If this is true than prior to 49 days of age, the infant could still be considered part of the mother, and not its own self yet as there is no soul to give the flesh any value.

This may be the "dividing line" between when it is acceptable to kill cells vs a human life.

This really is a dangerous issue.

If it is "outlawed" and abortion is illegal the result will be underground, unlicensed doctors doing the procedure.

Banning abortion means you ban the choice of a woman to do to her body as she sees fit.

Whether or not abortion is morally acceptable is not the governments job.

Do I personally belive in abortion. No.

Do I believe it should be banned and mandated by the government. No.

PRO CHOICE

:)

I still stand by my words - 'is the only." Just because some Christian groups take a pro-choice stand doesn't make it a Christian position, especially since they have affiliated with non-Christian groups.

If you actually read through that site, it is just a bunch of fluff. They talk about the typical "pro-life is anti-choice in all aspects of life," which isn't the issue at all. Here is some stuff from the site:

I want to acknowledge that some Christians believe that life begins at conception and therefore abortion is wrong. They are entitled to that perspective, even though both the biblical basis and the historical basis for it are flimsy. However, having said that they are entitled to that view, we must also acknowledge that millions of Christiansâ€â€indeed a majority of Protestants in this countryâ€â€have a different view, believing instead that a fertilized egg is potential life but not actual life. These Christians hold that the life, health, freedom, and moral agency of the pregnant woman are more important than the potential life in her womb. The religious liberty that lies at the bedrock of our free society provides a basis for people with these competing beliefs to live together in one society, assuredâ€â€we hopeâ€â€that government will not choose sides.
It is our responsibility as Christians who believe that God has given freedom to all of us –including womenâ€â€to do all in our power to keep Roe as the law of the land.

They have turned the debate into being about "freedom" in all things, which it clearly is not. They misuse Scripture (Matt. 5 - Jesus' compassion - we need to be like him) in a very poor attempt to support their position. They make assertions with no support - "a majority of Protestants believe...". This is also the Appeal to Popularity fallacy. Overall, they have provided nothing Christian to support their position.

It is a very unChristian site, IMHO.

This really is a dangerous issue.

If it is "outlawed" and abortion is illegal the result will be underground, unlicensed doctors doing the procedure.

Banning abortion means you ban the choice of a woman to do to her body as she sees fit.

Whether or not abortion is morally acceptable is not the governments job.

Do I personally belive in abortion. No.

Do I believe it should be banned and mandated by the government. No.

PRO CHOICE

See, you said it better than me...

That's your OPINION. I know you aren't insinuating that I'm not a christian - b/c that would not be a very christ-like thing to do now would it? :wink:

Free said:
You really are a rebel.

Back