Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Aren't these witchcraft practices?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Orion said:
Someone in the 1st or 2nd century wrote the story about the "bald head name calling causing bear mauling of youth". But let's look at that one and ask yourself WHY any deity would be so unjust to some youth just because they were calling someone a name? Whatever rationalization you would come up with may look to anyone else as being "silly". The fact is, regardless of "Paul's feelings getting hurt" (I think it was Paul), do you really believe that the pain and death caused by a bear, at the request of the "big baby" is justified? Of course not! It would be highly immoral and improper for anything like this to happen based upon simple name calling.

I don't want to derail THIS thread by discussing this, but I submit it as something that I CANNOT see any true deity doing. Sounds more like a made up story to me, anyway.

It was the prophet Elisha. You don't enrage a prophet of God. It makes God mad. Judgment is a painful thing...but righteous, thank God!

Galatians 5:19-21
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

pigs.gif

I don't suppose you would consider that group youths being like these guys :-?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eRb4GumGyQ

Orion said:
Someone in the 1st or 2nd century wrote the story about the "bald head name calling causing bear mauling of youth". But let's look at that one and ask yourself WHY any deity would be so unjust to some youth just because they were calling someone a name? Whatever rationalization you would come up with may look to anyone else as being "silly". The fact is, regardless of "Paul's feelings getting hurt" (I think it was Paul), do you really believe that the pain and death caused by a bear, at the request of the "big baby" is justified? Of course not! It would be highly immoral and improper for anything like this to happen based upon simple name calling.

I don't want to derail THIS thread by discussing this, but I submit it as something that I CANNOT see any true deity doing. Sounds more like a made up story to me, anyway.

Alabaster said:
It was the prophet Elisha. You don't enrage a prophet of God. It makes God mad. Judgment is a painful thing...but righteous, thank God!

Yes, Veritas already corrected me on that.

Having said that, . . . regardless of what words were being spoken, death due to heckling is NOT justice. If this "prophet of God" can't take a few words from some youth, he must not trust God that he IS worth more than simple words. This whole story is completely ludicrous. . . . . . even if it is true at all.

box2.gif

Preconceived ideas, a man is full of them in how he sees his maker, well the
maker says mankind has a defect, and that being sin. God didn't twist Adam
and Eves arms to eat of that tree he simply said don't do it, then they thumbed
their noses and ate just the same.. Gods word say youths got down and dirty
with the Prophet, so what, we weren't there and yet we're judging what took
place with preconceived ideas, but then man has always considered himself
to be judge jury and executioner :lol:

Thanks,
turnorburn

No, . . NOT "preconceived ideas". If it didn't go down like the Bible SAYS it did, then the Bible isn't being completely truthful. IF it went down at all (saying that because I see it as a made up story, anyway), then it is clear evidence of OVER reaction to simple name calling, and not at all a "just punishment".

By the way, I'm glad you recognized that God made an error in his creation. You said it best, "well the maker says mankind has a defect, and that being sin." And it is seen from the very beginning, with the story of Adam and Eve. They were created defective.

All this is conditional to whether or not you see that story as literal, though, which I don't.

Hi Orion,

I find it interesting that you interpreted torb's post as saying that God created Adam and Eve defective. He didn't say that at all. Nor does the story say that. It specifically states that Adam and Eve were created good and that they themselves chose to sin.

Regarding the 2 Kings story, Craig started a thread in Apologetics on it. I'm putting a couple of thoughts there as this thread is on witchcraft. ;-)

Handy, God created them with the ability to sin, knew they would, thus, created them flawed IF it were his plan that they be created and not sin. He created in them the very flaw that led to sinning. They did not develope that which isn't part of the original creation. It would have to be an emergent property, one created BY Eve and then Adam.

A watch maker can create a watch which keeps perfect time. But that watch will never be able to boil water, .. . . . . . it isn't designed to do so.

TFRD361.gif

This will be my last post in this thread like Handy said its a thread on witchcraft.
One last thing, doesn't it hurt slamming that hammer down on your foot everyday, it would
mine. Your life must be miserable looking in the mirror and blaming God the way
you do, but then I used to when I had the heroin Jones.

Thanks,
turnorburn

I'm not blaming God for anything. . . . . . I don't see how you get that out of my posts in this thread? :-?

Yes, Orion it is an abomination. Some devil worshippers actually think it's fun to act like they are sheep.

Even though I get the feeling this thread may have gotten a little off-topic (especially after reading the first six pages) I'll respond.

No, that is not witchcraft. Where are the spells? Where are the incantations? Sex doesn't qualify as an occult experience. The fact that they broke into the church and got wax everywhere shows delinquency and...maybe a little bit of depravity. However, it certainly does not show witchcraft.

Orion said:
By the way, I'm glad you recognized that God made an error in his creation. You said it best, "well the maker says mankind has a defect, and that being sin." And it is seen from the very beginning, with the story of Adam and Eve. They were created defective.

All this is conditional to whether or not you see that story as literal, though, which I don't.

Defective? Hardly. Man was created perfectly and good. It is sin that tainted man, and it came from an outside source.

The ability to sin is not a flaw. Jesus came and He was sent into the desert to test if He too would sin. What would be the purpose to test somebody if they did not have the ability to sin? He could sin, but the point is He did not. He overcame. Jesus was not flawed because He had the ability to sin.

Orion wrote:
:confused If we were created in the image of God, are you saying God was defective?

Blaming God for our sin?

Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Not only did Adam blame Eve but he also blamed God. "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me"

Seems blaming God hasn't changed.
Pride

Biblereader said:
Speaking of witchcraft, and the erosion of Christian beliefs,
Narnia commentary:

http://www.swrc.com/ministry/schedule/a ... .html#june

If this does not open up right away, just scroll down to the
Narnia Update, Part one.

I am assuming that this is claiming the Chronicles of Narnia is evil and should not be read. You do know that it is a depiction of of Christian events and principles place in a fantasy genre to appeal to children. C.S.Lewis wrote these and he is considered to be one of, if not the, greatest apologetics for Christianity in the modern era.

Poppycock!

Back