Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Aren't these witchcraft practices?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Alabaster said:
Yes you shall answer to God at the Great White Throne Judgment. That is the judgment for sinners and they shall be condemned.

Yes I understand that you believe that. I have no reason to fear judgement. I answer to God each and every day.

Those who know Him, however, know Him only through His Son and are His because of Jesus' blood covering, and they will stand before Jesus Christ at His Judgment seat and receive their rewards.

Well seeing as I do know God, you'll understand if I beg to differ.

You cannot know God apart from Jesus Christ. Your god is not Jehovah, I gather.

Alabaster said:
My proof is in Jesus the King, Himself. You are invited to come and know Him personally.

Your proof is in something that cannot be proven? Interesting. Perhaps you should look up the word "proof".

Thank you for your kind invitation, but I have no need to know your Jesus. God is quite sufficient for me.

Refusing that makes you one who can not know the truth, and puts you at an eternal disadvantage, to put it mildly.

So you keep saying. Unfortunately I have no reason to abandon my beliefs just to take up yours.

John 8:31-32
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.â€Â

And this would affect me how? Even if Jesus did say that, why would I believe his claims over the thousands of others who make the same claims? No thank you. I am quite secure in my relationship with God.

Alabaster said:
You cannot know God apart from Jesus Christ.
Yes I understand that you believe that. I know God very well despite your beliefs to the contrary.

[quote:915c5]Your god is not Jehovah, I gather.
[/quote:915c5]

God has been known by many names. Jehovah/Yahweh (or whatever the current fashion is for you folks) is one of them. God is also known as The One, The Alpha and Omega, The Great I Am, etc

Havoc said:
God has been known by many names. Jehovah/Yahweh (or whatever the current fashion is for you folks) is one of them. God is also known as The One, The Alpha and Omega, The Great I Am, etc

Without Jesus Christ, you cannot know God.

Alabaster said:

Yes I think we've already established beyond a doubt that this is what you believe.

Just as we've established that I believe differently.

Havoc said:
Alabaster said:

Yes I think we've already established beyond a doubt that this is what you believe.

Just as we've established that I believe differently.

It's not merely what I believe. It is the truth that God teaches us! God doesn't have a different gospel for YOU. He desires you to come to Him in repentance for your sin, and establish a relationship with Him through His Son, whose shed blood covers you. No blood? No remission of your sin.

You cannot fashion a god from your own thoughts and ideas. It is imperfect and actually what you've done is you've created an idol for yourself. All damnable offenses to the Father.

No, your idol is not God. He is a counterfeit. I'd venture to say that if you are dabbling in the occult, the god you think you know is Satan indeed. You may believe differently as you consistently say--but what you believe is not consistent with what GOD says!

Alabaster said:
It's not merely what I believe. It is the truth that God teaches us!

Sorry, but unless you have substantive objective evidence, which you don't, then it is what you believe. As such your belief is no more viable than is mine.

God doesn't have a different gospel for YOU.

I agree. But i'm not going to sit here and tell you that you are wrong, even though what you tell me contradicts what God tells me. I don't have any more proof than you do. I have to rely on faith, which is what God wants us to do, which strangely enough, is exactly what you Bible says as well.

For by grace are you saved, through faith..... Not of works (proof) lest any man should boast (which is pretty much what you are doing right now)

He desires you to come to Him in repentance for your sin, and establish a relationship with Him through His Son,

I already have a relationship with God, thank you, and I didn't require a 2000 year ago Jewish Rabbi to do it. You see I am already doing exactly as God desires of me.

whose shed blood covers you. No blood? No remission of your sin.

You folks have a very strange fascination with bathing in blood. It's rather creepy actually. But since my religion doesn't grow out of Mithraism, I don't need to bathe in blood sacrifice in order to be redeemed from some supposed sin. I don't have any sin i need to be redeemed from.

You cannot fashion a god from your own thoughts and ideas.

I agree.

It is imperfect and actually what you've done is you've created an idol for yourself. All damnable offenses to the Father.

In your opinion, that is what I have done. God's opinion, as He expresses it to me, differs from yours in this regard.

No, your idol is not God. He is a counterfeit.

In your opinion.

I'd venture to say that if you are dabbling in the occult,

I'm about 20 or so years past "dabbling" lol. I've been a Witch in God's service for a long, long time.

the god you think you know is Satan indeed.

Sorry, but Satan is your God of Evil, not mine. There is no need for such a being in my faith.

You may believe differently as you consistently say--but what you believe is not consistent with what GOD says!
[/quote]

And you may disagree as consistently as you say, but what you claim is not consistent with what God tells me.

For by grace are you saved, through faith..... Not of works (proof) lest any man should boast (which is pretty much what you are doing right now)

FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST alone is what saves. You deny Jesus. You have no faith.

I'm about 20 or so years past "dabbling" lol. I've been a Witch in God's service for a long, long time.

Then you are of Satan himself. God is far from you and is even against you. Witches do not serve God. They serve Satan, who pretends to be God. You have been duped for over 20 years.

Jesus is the only Way to God. No one can come to God except by Jesus the Christ, the Lord of lords.

Alabaster said:

FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST alone is what saves.

yes I understand that you believe this.

You deny Jesus. You have no faith.

I think you need to look up the word "faith" in the dictionary. Are you seriously purporting that one cannot have faith in anything except Jesus?

Alabaster said:
Then you are of Satan himself. God is far from you and is even against you. Witches do not serve God. They serve Satan, who pretends to be God.

In your opinion, of course. God tells me something quite different. You'll forgive me if I choose to take God's word over yours?

You have been duped for over 20 years.

Again, in your opinion. From my perspective you are the folks who have been duped. But that's the problem with neither of us having objective proof. It all comes down to faith.

Jesus is the only Way to God. No one can come to God except by Jesus the Christ, the Lord of lords.

yes we've already established that is what you believe.

Are we ever going to discuss the subject of the thread? Or have we abandoned that entirely?

Havoc said:
Alabaster said:
Then you are of Satan himself. God is far from you and is even against you. Witches do not serve God. They serve Satan, who pretends to be God.

In your opinion, of course. God tells me something quite different. You'll forgive me if I choose to take God's word over yours?

Problem is---for you, you don't have God's word on anything.

Havoc said:
Alabaster said:
Problem is---for you, you don't have God's word on anything.[/b]

On the contrary, I have God's word on it.

Absolutely you do not. You are following after Satan and his ways...not God and His.

Havoc said:
Alabaster said:
Absolutely you do not. You are following after Satan and his ways...not God and His.

In your opinion

it has nothing to do with opinion. God says so. I believe everything He says.

Alabaster said:
it has nothing to do with opinion. God says so. I believe everything He says.

It has everything to do with opinion, unless you can show objective proof that God says that.

Since you can't prove it, you cannot reasonably claim anything but belief and opinion.

Now you can continue to stomp your feet and hold your breath and claim you're right and that's it phtpth.... but that won't change your beliefs into provable fact.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back