Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Arrogance, remorse and a second chance

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Up until a few years ago, i was in a denomination which looked down at everyone else. I met my childhood pastor a few years back who invited me to come to his services whenever i was up home. I said yes, but i was lying. Inside i was thinking " no way would i step inside a church like yours, mine is the only correct one". This is the pastor who showed me the gospel, who did so much for me. Fast forward a few years, and i am now a humbled, kicked into better shape believer. I was now very remorseful, very remorseful. I only mentioned this to a few close friends ( with no connection to the above church/pastor). To my amazement an invitation came through the letterbox a few weeks ago INVITING ME TO AN ANNIVERSARY SERVICE FOR THE PASTOR!. Oh yes i sure am going, praise God!

Well likewise i had to be humbled.
I figured science had an explanation for everything and so i stopped believing in miracles, grace, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
But that was foolish miracles happen everyday!
Grace is shown everyday!
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is shown everyday!
So I can no longer fool myself into believing science answers everything. The word of God answers everything and I believe it with my full heart.
Was raised in the Faith of Jesus Christ and i will no longer depart from it.:pray

What a beautiful testimony, Colin ... praise God...He never gives up on us.

We are given humbling, on our knees situations throughout our walk with our Lord ... just like our biological father knows when we need a wee bit of a reality check, so the same with our Father.

God's grace is truly amazing!

This reminds me so much of the prodigal son coming to himself, and saying, how many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

Dear brother, there is more than physical hunger in the church, and we all seem to be taken down that spiritual path in our experience; I thank God you responded, and can you imagine the joy of our Father as He sees you from a long distance, runs to meet and fall on your neck with a kiss? The father didn't even acknowledge the confession of the son; bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet, bring the fatted calf, and let us eat, and be merry. What fellowship awaits you in Jesus' name.
:clap

Hi all. Just to update. I am just home from the anniversary service. It was wonderful! The Pastor was delighted we made the commute. The Pastors wife said for me to come to a service when up home. I replied Yes - but this time i meant it, and i wont leave it 20 years!

Back