Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Article of Whale and Dolphin Evolution

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Now, I'm pretty sure that you just copied what some dishonest creationist told you, and posted it here, without meaning to be deceptive. But I did tell you that if you posted material without reading all of it first, you would be accountable.

In the future, check to make sure you aren't being lied to, once again.
OK Barb, I acquiesce. I was not aware more bones had been found. But to call it deceit?
You claim that AIG “removed†some bones and that is an hyperbolic statement because that illustration is legitimate albeit outdated as we have discovered.
In any case. How do you get from this -
ambulocetus2.jpg

To this?
310889932_6f557c15c3.jpg

In any case, if AIG is dishonest for not updating their info, then what do you call evolutionists that use the bones in your photograph and put this on display?...
Ambulocetus.jpg

Here is an illustration from an evolution site.
ambuloc.gif

Notice the artistic licence being taken?
The top supposedly shows the "whale transition" (simply declared to be) while walking on land.
The bottom shows it swimming; however the critical joints are shown in white and are missing from the actual fossil. Is this deceit also Barb?

This is typical evolutionary shell game tactics Barb.
Take a single isolated fossil and make an open ended baseless claim that it is a whale transition.
I could theoretically call it a dolphin transition and who would tell me otherwise.
Now the actual animal could very well have looked very much like the illustration Barb, and I have absolutly no problem with that at all. My problem is that evolutionists are telling us that animal is a transition on it's way to becoming a whale, without offering any intermidiary series of transitions!

This is exactly what Gould is talking about when he says transitionals exist - these are seperate specifci animals that are "declared" to be "transitionals" In other words, they "could" be a cog in the gear but it's only one cog and in order for the gear to work we need many cogs.

This is my most serious objection to the theory Barb. virtually every so called "transitional" example I have ever been presented is exactly like this. It's obviously an animal that no longer exists, and it is arbitrarily declared to be a transitional to (fill in the blank) whatever animal it seems to be morphologically similar to.
This is not Darwinian evolution my friend! In order for this to be a true transitional there MUST be other transitions leading up to a new species. This is ONE animal, and it does not look like any whale i've ever seen. I need to see the next in line and the one after that and the one after that which slowly and progressivly go from looking like this animal to looking like a whale and that is what Gould says is absent!

In order for speciation to be corroborated, we must have a series of graduated transitional fossils which clearly and unambiguously show one species becoming a new species and that is what Gould and Eldridge for example, are talking about when they say the lack of transitional between species is the trade secret of paleontology.

Here's is an interesting article.
3:9 When is a whale a whale? Gish, http://www.icr.org/article/379

Evolutionists predict the presence of billions of transitional life forms that have existed in earth’s history. Despite the presence of 250,000 fossil species, clear transitional forms, which would bolster evolutionary theory, are virtually absent. The situation of transitional forms is glaringly obvious in the case of whales and other marine mammals. The gap in transitional forms was supposedly filled by a partial fossil specimen named Pakicetus inachus. Even though the fossil was only a fraction of the skull and a few teeth, the media and scientists portrayed it as a whale-like transitional form. The fact that it was found in a deposit that was likely from a river area puts the interpretation of Pakicetus in doubt. (More complete specimens have been found that show Pakicetus as a dog-like land animal.)

Fossils of Ambulocetus natans were later discovered, and this creature was considered to be a walking whale. Despite the lack of a pelvic girdle (a partial pelvis was found in later specimens), Ambulocetus is described as having walked on land much as sea lions do and swimming with a combined motion much as otters and seals do. Why a whale would have hooves on its rear feet and be living near the seashore are questions that are not answered by the fossils.

The deposits containing Ambulocetus were found 400 feet higher than where Pakicetus was found, but both are supposedly 52 million years old. Pakicetus is called the oldest whale (cetacean), but Ambulocetus is supposed to display transitional features as land animals turned into whales. Based on teeth alone, several other wolf-like carnivores (mesonychids) are thought to be ancestors as well. The exact arrangement of these groups is disputed, and some consider the mesonychids to be a branch separate from whales.

This interpretation of scant fossil evidence is very imaginative and totally necessary to support the notion that whales evolved from land animals. Such imaginative claims of evolutionary history have been claimed in the past only to be shown false. Further evidence will certainly change the current thinking in drastic ways.

OK, just to hammer my point home.
We need transitionals to get from this
310889932_6f557c15c3.jpg

to this.
images

Now can you please direct me to the series of transitions that shows this "whale" of an evolutionary tale Barb? Or is there only the one fossil that has been declared to be a whale transitional out of thin air?

I think a better case could be made to try and convince people this fossil is a crock ancestor rather than a whale...just sayin...I mean if we're just taking wild shots and making it up as we go, then my vote is for the crockadile, but hey that's just me.

John

Now can you please direct me to the series of transitions that shows this "whale" of an evolutionary tale Barb? Or is there only the one fossil that has been declared to be a whale transitional out of thin air?

That was the first one, but there are a lot since. Let's see if I can find you some sources...

whaleevolution.gif

This one is a bit dated. Mesonychids are probably not that close to the whales. Otherwise, it still works.

Search on:
pakicetus
Indohyus
rhodocetus
dorudon
remingtonocetus
basilosaurus

Various stages of "whaleness" for you.

Hello Barb.
I just can't tell if you're being dodgy or you really don't understand the illustrations you have provided are not a series of graduated transitionals.

Even if those drawings were accurate, they do not show any in between transitions Barb.
The reason we never see any photos showing any series of graduated transitions is that none exists.
That's why we keep seeing these illustrations which show animals and none of the in betweens.

Do you understand this argument?
I made an example of this in another post where I posted actual photos of a series of different nuts (acorn, wallnut etc) and in the edn I showed how useing this kind of "evidence" I could show how an acorn evolved into a bowling ball through a series of transitions.
Of course, there was no series of graduated transitions showing any in between evolution for example, no series of transitions showing exactly how the acorn transitioned into the wallnut etc. Just as these drawings don't show any in between series either.

John

I just can't tell if you're being dodgy or you really don't understand the illustrations you have provided are not a series of graduated transitionals.

That's what they are. Over time, whales became less and less adapted to land, and more and more adapted first to aquatic environments, and then gradually to marine ones. Would you like to see some details?

Even if those drawings were accurate, they do not show any in between transitions Barb.

Even most "creation scientists" now admit they do. They just call it "microevolution", now.

The reason we never see any photos showing any series of graduated transitions is that none exists.
That's why we keep seeing these illustrations which show animals and none of the in betweens.

The Gish dodge; "every new transitional means two new gaps."

Do you understand this argument?

Yep. It's loser. Years ago, one professional creationist declared that a whale with legs would make him into an evolutionist. Over the years, we've found many such whales. His response? "Whales don't have legs, so they can't be whales."

We're used to that kind of dishonesty.

I made an example of this in another post where I posted actual photos of a series of different nuts (acorn, wallnut etc) and in the edn I showed how useing this kind of "evidence" I could show how an acorn evolved into a bowling ball through a series of transitions.

You've confused analogy with homology. But if you'd like to show me, I'd be pleased to show you why that won't work.

As usual you haven't answered any of the questions with any relevance.
All you ever do is deny facts out of hand without any tangible proof to corroborate your denials, and use illustrations and drawing and ignore questions about in between transitional series.

You can't hide behind facts by simply ignoring them, or pretending you don't understand the questions by making statements which are supposed to address the actual questions, with oddball quotes or convoluted responses.
This type of response is typical of your posts Barb, and anyone who reads this with a critical, open mind can see this.

With so much powerful evidence against your atheistic beliefs, ( I am not saying you are an atheist Barb, I have my suspicions, but I am saying you do believe as they do) why not just fight in the God camp Barb?
You claim to be a Christian and yet you don’t ever show any inclination that you actually believe any of it.

If you are in fact a Christian, then I am one of your Christian brothers in arms, but I see you with the evolution uniform on, and I see you using the evolution weapons and ammunition, and I see you living in the evolution camp, and I see you fraternizing with the evolution soldiers, and I see you honoring the evolution manifesto, and I see the evolution soldiers using you as an example of a good evolution comrade, and I see how much you enjoy fireing at the creation soldiers, and I see the anger you have towards the creation soldier, and I am left wondering, how do I differentiate you from the atheist? I can't.
Surely you can understand why we faithful Christian soldiers see you as an atheistic, evolution spy when you claim to be a Christian soldier and yet you look like a duck, walk like a duck, and talk like a duck, right?
I’m not asking you to admit to anything, I’m simply pointing out how you appear to us Christian soldiers.
You really don’t have any grounds to blame us from having this opinion Barb.

Take care Barb
John

In other words, you don't have any way to contradict the evidence...

All you ever do is deny facts out of hand without any tangible proof to corroborate your denials, and use illustrations and drawing and ignore questions about in between transitional series.

I don't think denying the evidence is going to help you.

You can't hide behind facts by simply ignoring them, or pretending you don't understand the questions by making statements which are supposed to address the actual questions, with oddball quotes or convoluted responses.
This type of response is typical of your posts Barb, and anyone who reads this with a critical, open mind can see this.

I don't think abandoning your argument and making personal attacks will do you any good, either. It smells of desperation.

With so much powerful evidence against your atheistic beliefs,

You think Christianity is an atheistic belief? That would explain a lot.

I am not saying you are an atheist Barb,

I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't an atheist, posing as a Christian to make us look bad.

You claim to be a Christian

Do you claim to be a Christian, Bronze? Right now, you aren't a very good imitation of Christ.

If you are in fact a Christian, then I am one of your Christian brothers in arms

Then act like it. Be a Christian in your actions.

but I see you with the evolution uniform on, and I see you using the evolution weapons and ammunition, and I see you living in the evolution camp, and I see you fraternizing with the evolution soldiers, and I see you honoring the evolution manifesto, and I see the evolution soldiers using you as an example of a good evolution comrade, and I see how much you enjoy fireing at the creation soldiers,

I accept creation. The problem between us, is you don't want to accept it the way God said He did it.

and I see the anger you have towards the creation soldier,

Looks like projection. Every time you run into troubling facts, you abandon reasoning and get ugly.

and I am left wondering, how do I differentiate you from the atheist? I can't.

That's a very telling admission, bronze. And it makes me wonder even more.

Surely you can understand why we faithful Christian soldiers see you as an atheistic, evolution spy when you claim to be a Christian soldier and yet you look like a duck, walk like a duck, and talk like a duck, right?

The problem is that you don't act very much like a Christian. Either you have a very short fuse, or you're some kind of Christian-hating atheist, trolling us.

I’m not asking you to admit to anything, I’m simply pointing out how you appear to us Christian soldiers.

The majority of the world's Christians admit that evolution is compatible with God's creation. And as you learned, Genesis directly rules out your doctrine of YE creationism.

Hell Barb.
Well, I see where this is heading, and I won't be drawn in to this childish banter.
I pray to Jesus that He will remove the evil spirit of deception from your soul Barb, so that you will no longer be blind to His truth amen.

Take care my friend.

Bronzesnake

Well, I see where this is heading, and I won't be drawn in to this childish banter.

Not as good an idea as it seemed, was it? That kind of thing is always a loser, unless your behavior is notably Christ-like.

I pray to Jesus that He will remove the evil spirit of deception from your soul Barb, so that you will no longer be blind to His truth amen.

Your resolution didn't last very long, did it? I can always use the prayers, but your faith should be used as a net, not a sharp stick.

The Barbarian said:

In other words, you don't have any way to contradict the evidence...

[quote:9bapc0u7]All you ever do is deny facts out of hand without any tangible proof to corroborate your denials, and use illustrations and drawing and ignore questions about in between transitional series.

I don't think denying the evidence is going to help you.

I don't think abandoning your argument and making personal attacks will do you any good, either. It smells of desperation.

With so much powerful evidence against your atheistic beliefs,

You think Christianity is an atheistic belief? That would explain a lot.

I am not saying you are an atheist Barb,

I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't an atheist, posing as a Christian to make us look bad.

You claim to be a Christian

Do you claim to be a Christian, Bronze? Right now, you aren't a very good imitation of Christ.

If you are in fact a Christian, then I am one of your Christian brothers in arms

Then act like it. Be a Christian in your actions.

but I see you with the evolution uniform on, and I see you using the evolution weapons and ammunition, and I see you living in the evolution camp, and I see you fraternizing with the evolution soldiers, and I see you honoring the evolution manifesto, and I see the evolution soldiers using you as an example of a good evolution comrade, and I see how much you enjoy fireing at the creation soldiers,

I accept creation. The problem between us, is you don't want to accept it the way God said He did it.

and I see the anger you have towards the creation soldier,

Looks like projection. Every time you run into troubling facts, you abandon reasoning and get ugly.

and I am left wondering, how do I differentiate you from the atheist? I can't.

That's a very telling admission, bronze. And it makes me wonder even more.

The problem is that you don't act very much like a Christian. Either you have a very short fuse, or you're some kind of Christian-hating atheist, trolling us.

The majority of the world's Christians admit that evolution is compatible with God's creation. And as you learned, Genesis directly rules out your doctrine of YE creationism.[/quote:9bapc0u7]

"...The problem between us, is you don't want to accept it the way God said He did it..."

Quote from the NIV how God said he used macroevolution in His creative endeavors.

Crying Rock said:
"...The problem between us, is you don't want to accept it the way God said He did it..."

Quote from the NIV how God said he used macroevolution in His creative endeavors.

Evolution isn't what Barbarian is referring to. He is referring to how God created life, not what he used to diversify it.

Crying Rock tries a little quote-mining of his own:
(Barbarian "quoted" with a bit of editing)

Here's the actual statement: (deleted portion in color)

Nice try.

The Barbarian said:
Crying Rock tries a little quote-mining of his own:
(Barbarian "quoted" with a bit of editing)

Here's the actual statement: (deleted portion in color)

Nice try.

The problem between us, is you don't want to accept it the way God said He did it.

How did God say He did it?

Barbarian observes:
He says that the earth brought forth living things. Not "ex nihilo" as YE creationists demand.

Just so I know we're on the same page, would you please cite your source?

God:
Gen. 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.

The Barbarian said:
So God used the matter he created to create life? Where did the matter come from?

Partially interstellar gas and partially blow-off from a supernova. That's how our solar system formed.
where did the first amount of energy and matter come to be and how did it form?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back